Jump to content

Michèle Flournoy could become the first woman to run the Pentagon


Recommended Posts

On June 20, 2016, then-Vice President Joe Biden delivered keynote remarks at an event hosted by the Center for a New American Security, the think tank founded and, at that point, led by Michèle Flournoy.

 

She doesn't have fake bone spurs...that's a good thing.

 

Flournoy introduced Biden, praising him as a national security thinker and noting the ties between his staff at the White House and CNAS. Biden, in turn, acknowledged the little-kept secret of the defense world: that Flournoy was in line to become the first woman to serve as defense secretary under President Hillary Clinton.

 

“Well, madam secretary,” Biden said with a laugh as the crowd applauded. “I’m writing a recommendation for her, you know.”

The Clinton administration never materialized, following the election of President Donald Trump. But four years later, president-elect Biden is widely expected to fulfill his promise and tap Flournoy to lead the U.S. military.

 

Some observers have suggested that if Susan Rice, the former national security adviser to President Barack Obama and a close confidant of Biden, seeks the Pentagon’s top job, she would be heavily considered, but there are few signs she wants that position. Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, an Iraq War combat veteran, is another name that has been mentioned as a possibility, and other names will inevitably pop up in the coming weeks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DennisTheMenace said:

On June 20, 2016, then-Vice President Joe Biden delivered keynote remarks at an event hosted by the Center for a New American Security, the think tank founded and, at that point, led by Michèle Flournoy.

 

She doesn't have fake bone spurs...that's a good thing.

 

Flournoy introduced Biden, praising him as a national security thinker and noting the ties between his staff at the White House and CNAS. Biden, in turn, acknowledged the little-kept secret of the defense world: that Flournoy was in line to become the first woman to serve as defense secretary under President Hillary Clinton.

 

“Well, madam secretary,” Biden said with a laugh as the crowd applauded. “I’m writing a recommendation for her, you know.”

The Clinton administration never materialized, following the election of President Donald Trump. But four years later, president-elect Biden is widely expected to fulfill his promise and tap Flournoy to lead the U.S. military.

 

Some observers have suggested that if Susan Rice, the former national security adviser to President Barack Obama and a close confidant of Biden, seeks the Pentagon’s top job, she would be heavily considered, but there are few signs she wants that position. Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, an Iraq War combat veteran, is another name that has been mentioned as a possibility, and other names will inevitably pop up in the coming weeks.

 

 

 

A woman running the Pentagon?

 

Once a month ... we are nuking everybody!

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

 

A woman running the Pentagon?

 

Once a month ... we are nuking everybody!

 

 

Mental health conditions can cause period problems or make some period problems worse: Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Most women have some symptoms of PMS in the week or 2 before their period. PMS can cause bloating, headaches, and moodiness. Women with depression or anxiety disorders may experience worse symptoms of PMS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DennisTheMenace said:

en. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, an Iraq War combat veteran, is another name that has been mentioned as a possibility, and other names will inevitably pop up in the coming weeks.

 

President Stink Finger might be limited in which Senators are available for positions in his administration.  Remember, Senate vacancies are filled by the governor of the state until the next election cycle (that is why there are two Senate race is GA this year...one for an unexpired term).  Only Senators from states with a Dem governor (Duckworth is from a state with a Dem governor) will probably be considered so the republican majority isn't strengthened.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AnotherJim said:

Mental health conditions can cause period problems or make some period problems worse: Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Most women have some symptoms of PMS in the week or 2 before their period. PMS can cause bloating, headaches, and moodiness. Women with depression or anxiety disorders may experience worse symptoms of PMS.

We can't have someone running the Pentagon who goes fucking nuts a week or two every month. We need someone who is fucking nuts every day of the month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...