Origins of poster's nics, avatars, or whatever they're called...

ROG62

I've always wondered about these...how did they come about, what's behind them, etc...

On a lighter note, I'm interested in learning about other's nics or avatars...

Here's mine...

The character I've posted is Nick Danger Third Eye...back in the 70's, a bud had an album by Firesign Theatre, a comedy troupe of hippies out of California using props such as corn starch as snow and cellophane as cracklings of fire sounds to bring the story to life always talking in a different voice to indicate thoughts...quite entertaining...

the name comes from an old department head who went to school with 3 brothers of my same unique last name...after calling me Paul, Larry, and finally Roger, the last one stuck...from then on, it was ROG from my coworker...people would come in looking for me and she would state, "I'll let ROG know!" and they be like, WTF is ROG? The number was my age when created...

@kfoolsis this one pinnable?

1 minute ago, ROG62 said:

I've always wondered about these...how did they come about, what's behind them, etc...

Here's mine...

The character I've posted is Nick Danger Third Eye...back in the 70's, a bud had an album by Firesign Theatre, a comedy troupe of hippies out of California using props such as corn starch as snow and cellophane as cracklings of fire sounds to bring the story to life always talking in a different voice to indicate thoughts...quite entertaining...

the name comes from an old department head who went to school with 3 brothers of my same unique last name...after calling me Paul, Larry, and finally Roger, the last one stuck...from then on, it was ROG from my coworker...people would come in looking for me and she would state, "I'll let ROG know!" and they be like, WTF is ROG? The number was my age when created...

No more pins right now. It'll have to be after the election is sorted out

4 minutes ago, ROG62 said:

Here's mine...

Lucifershammer  ... a great book about the end of the world

BeAChooser ... a reference to the book "Beggars and Choosers" by Nancy Kress.   A political party, not unlike the democRAT"ic" Party, took over the US government by promising voters everything for free.  So lots of people living on the dole.   The Choosers were the ones who kept the whole structure from simply collapsing at first.   Worked in the power companies, ran the trains, farmed the food and brought it in ... and were treated as second class citizens for the trouble.     But eventually the structure did collapse.   After that it became a Sci Fi novel.   The Sci Fi element was needed to keep everyone from starving to death.   In a nutshell.

123urout-means I give Demonrats 3 chances to have a intelligent debate, if they fail the first 3 attempts, I resort to what they deserve, hurling insults,posting pictures, and making non stop fun of their ignorance.Not one has passed the test.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

My name isn’t very original.  I’m pacemaker dependent so I’m “battery powered”.  As for the pic...I am a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge.

Former Mason Mason myself. Glad to be done with that. Only so many dues I can pay to wear a stupid hat while guarding a door with a blunt sword.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kfools said:

Former Mason Mason myself. Glad to be done with that. Only so many dues I can pay to wear a stupid hat while guarding a door with a blunt sword.

It wouldn't hurt the shriners to become more modern with their hats. a nice baseball type  hat might be good and might help membership numbers,

3 hours ago, jerra- said:

It wouldn't hurt the shriners to become more modern with their hats. a nice baseball type  hat might be good and might help membership numbers,

So you are anti-fez?

Fezzes banned in Turkey, but are still fashionable in Morocco.

Muslims avoid headgear that would prevent the forehead from touching the floor

4 hours ago, jerra- said:

So canning probably the most recognizable item in the world of charitable work would be a plus?  Besides, membership in the Shrine isn’t open to just anyone.

10 hours ago, ROG62 said:

Here's mine...

My avatar changes ... so instead I will give you the origin of my name.

Below is the first Blog I wrote on my website www.whitefreedom.com

The word "white" in the website name is an acronym for Western Hardline Intelligent Tactical Engagement ... it is not a racist site.

Growing Up Whiteboy

October 2, 2020|Race Relations

Hell, I didn't know we were poor ... or "lower income" as some would say. 

Fuck that, we were poor.

I was always a year or two behind whatever was popular, because my parents bought my school clothes off the clearance racks. Also, being an active child with little regard for material things, I tore shit up a lot. ToughSkins were the bluejeans brand of choice. With bell-bottoms of course ... since they were in style last year.

Hard to be a kid in school when you are the dork in the goofy clothes.

The demographic hierarchy in my school was black, then Hispanic, then white. So almost day one I got the nickname ... Whiteboy.

I took no offense, because I didn't know at the time is was offensive. Today someone calling me Whiteboy is the equivalent to me of calling a black person Nigger.

Its fucking offensive.

Don't agree? Then fuck you ... I didn't ask you to agree. Besides that you are wrong. Why is one offensive but not the other? Not the way it works.

One race gets to call people whatever they want, and the other gets crucified for it? 

Therein lies one of the key issues in our society. Selective racism.

If you have a darker shade of skin you are allowed to be racists with no repercussions, if you are considered "white" you are raked over the coals for any word, statement, opinion, or suggestion that doesn't deify other cultures ... and do not make the mistake of being proud of your own. Not allowed.

Black kids when I was young were the main ones who constantly gave me problems, picked on me, wanted to fight me, and stole from me.

I literally was pushed, hit, or kicked by a black or sometimes Mexican kid almost every-day in school, up until around 7th grade. Simply because I was white.

Once I finally fought back, it didn't stop, but slowed down some. Then I just had to fight. I mean all out "I will put you in the grave" fight ... but only every few weeks or so. This would continue until my senior year in high school.

Here is what people dont think about.

If you grow up like me having to fight other cultures every day of your life as a youth ... being tormented ... stolen from ... punched, kicked ... even having adults who are black or Hispanic abuse their power and cause you problems ... because you are white. It effects the way you feel about people who look a certain way for the rest of your life. I believe that the same scenario plays out for other people, who look at whites and feel a certain way.

Hopefully if you do have an issue with someone because of the way they look, and have preconceived notions about a culture, it is based on your own personal experiences and not the propaganda from the media, the government or others in society that would have you follow them like sheep.

You see, I think the only chance we have is to sit down face to face and have a conversation. Let me tell you how I feel about you, why I feel that way, and what I experienced in my life that may contribute to those feelings. Then in turn I have to be willing to let you do the same, and really listen and try to understand.

No rules on what can be said or what words can be used.

Willing to say and hear the absolute truth of a persons life, knowing it is that's persons reality and not judge because of it.

It may not solve everything. It may not solve anything. But it would be a start. 

Who knows, it may help you understand why it's so offensive when you call me Whiteboy.