What Do You Think Of The Slowness Of The News Media In Calling This Thing?

SpyCar

Personally, I think it is a very good thing.

There are so many close races--but the outcome is not really in doubt--so it is a postive to count the votes until the results are dispositive. That could happen today. Or not.

And a later call will give the Trumpists time to process their grief and make them less likely to become violent.

So for me, take your time. We know that we've almost certainly got this.

Make sure the results are beyond a doubt before making a call. Time is on our side.

Your thoughts?

Bill

I'm fine with taking the time to make sure the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed.  Let the system work. 

If there's the slightest perception that Democrats are 'rushing' things, trying to avoid scrutiny, or glossing over issues, it'll be the subject of countless talk radio and Fox news editorials for the next 4 years.  Trump and his hard-core supporters live on that sort of thing.  Don't give them any excuse to nurse more hate.  Just sit back, be gracious winners, and let them exhaust their appeals.  

11 hours ago, SpyCar said:

And a later call will give the Trumpists time to process their grief and make them less likely to become violent

I think you're giving them too much credit.

Their every waking moment is plagued by endless, unbearable paranoia.

They are always a threat.

I suppose it was the right thing to do but ...

it was a tense wait. We needed resolution and it was too slow coming.

I do blame the PA legislature for intentionally sabotaging election officials by disallowing the count of mail in ballots until in person ballots had been counted. It created a red mirage and laid the groundwork for Trump’s lies of vote fraud. Shame on them and shame on Trump.