RED Florida passes a $15 minimum wage.....but...but....but.....isn't the market supposed to control that?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump.

Bump.

As long as people are given things they didn't earn, they will never respect what they are give.   Section 8 housing is a prime example.   Most reduced or "free" housing is destroy

4 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Then again, you concocted numbers which were extremely heavily weighted to support your position. Not a real fair analysis.

I ask again. Put into YOUR analysis that 5,000 out of 10,000 went from $10 to $15...

Being that I made it rather clear that I was breaking it down to the establishment level, I am not sure why this is relevant. 

However, i will bite. So, 5000 get a raise of $5. That's 25000 per hour for the state. That comes to about 1,000,000 per week or 52,000,000 per year in increased wage cost. The employment cost (FICA and so on) would be 67.6 million. As for decrease in demand, will have to just guess a bit. Lets assume that the employment costs translate to an increase in price of 15%. That would translate to 5.7 fewer orders per every 100. That would mean that you have on average $62 less revenue per every 100 orders. 

Now, with employees making $15 and not $10, they would have more money to spend. Numerous studies show that fast food and retail workers buy what with their money... housing and more retail/fast food. So, would this cause inflation... yes. How much? No actual way of knowing except for past experiments which have shown that all that happens is less hours worked and less disposable income due mostly to increased commuting. 

14 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I stand by my point that the ripple effect will occur. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Plenty of lower wage earners will use this as an argument to demand more, especially those closer to $15/hr. Your argument that no one makes near that is specious, because if that were true no one would bother. Politicians can't gain favor by offering something no one needs.

Average wage in Construction in FL is $1012 which comes to about $25.30. 

to clear something up, I use industry data and not occupational data. Here is why? Occupational data is done via surveys. The criteria and setup changes every year... yes, every year. I know, I process the data and they are the bane of my existence. Therefore, there is no time series data. As for construction, this number includes both the management and the standard laborer. However, construction tends to have less management as a percentage of total than something such as manufacturing and information systems. Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that the management portion of that $25.30 is not that substantial. BTW, I have worked in construction before... concrete, stucco, and a short time on a roofing crew. 

35 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

A good question. I have never been able to get someone to answer this with any objectivity.

Because it isnt an objective premise.   Its a talking point that is meant to invoke fear.   

2 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Because it isnt an objective premise.   Its a talking point that is meant to invoke fear.   

I have thought about this more than I should. I thought, if someone wanted to they could construct a number. This number would be based on cost of living in a given area,  market wages, marginal product of labor (how much output is tied to one's labor), and so on. However, have never been bored enough to do so. Interesting how few if any have been able to do this. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

I have thought about this more than I should. I thought, if someone wanted to they could construct a number. This number would be based on cost of living in a given area,  market wages, marginal product of labor (how much output is tied to one's labor), and so on. However, have never been bored enough to do so. Interesting how few if any have been able to do this. 

Just think of it like an equation where every variable is unknown or fluid.   Don't ever get so bored you try to solve it because it'll be a waste of time.    

1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

Just think of it like an equation where every variable is unknown or fluid.   Don't ever get so bored you try to solve it because it'll be a waste of time.    

It would seem that it would be set up like this

Living wage = Constant + Cost of living (where one does not struggle to pay rent and can have a few luxuries)/(40*52)+ inflation + Geographical element (san fran, ogden utah, etc

we use an affordability index at my office but it has some serious limitations. 

It would seem that it would be set up like this

Living wage = Constant + Cost of living (where one does not struggle to pay rent and can have a few luxuries)/(40*52)+ inflation + Geographical element (san fran, ogden utah, etc

we use an affordability index at my office but it has some serious limitations. 

Cost of living is subjective.    Migrant workers get paid below minimum wage and make up for it by sharing rent.    How many people are an appropriate number to use when calculating the cost of shelter?   Even food expenses would be subjective. You can live off of Ramen noodles 4 times a week, and some people are more than happy to do so.    How about dependents?   Does a living wage account for 1, 2, 5, or 8?   What are their needs?   

Cost of living is subjective.    Migrant workers get paid below minimum wage and make up for it by sharing rent.    How many people are an appropriate number to use when calculating the cost of shelter?   Even food expenses would be subjective. You can live off of Ramen noodles 4 times a week, and some people are more than happy to do so.    How about dependents?   Does a living wage account for 1, 2, 5, or 8?   What are their needs?   

You would use average or median for each of the items that you listed. Getting that data is not as easy as people like to think it is. To begin with, you would have median household members. Lets assume it is 3. From there what is the median cost of living for 3 (2 adults and 1 child). Looking at what is minimally possible is extraneous to this. They would want to know what is the wage sufficient for a comfortable existence not the wage sufficient to cram 7 people into a one bedroom, eat top ramen, and use public transit. 

You would use average or median for each of the items that you listed. Getting that data is not as easy as people like to think it is. To begin with, you would have median household members. Lets assume it is 3. From there what is the median cost of living for 3 (2 adults and 1 child). Looking at what is minimally possible is extraneous to this. They would want to know what is the wage sufficient for a comfortable existence not the wage sufficient to cram 7 people into a one bedroom, eat top ramen, and use public transit. 

Yeah, that is possible but its already done.   Cost of living is what you're talking about.   The problem with it is that the median includes expenses ranging from the basics to a lavish lifestyle.   A living wage is supposedly the bare-bones minimum.   Person A may be happy with the lifestyle that 10 bucks an hour provides but person B would be miserable.   

Yeah, that is possible but its already done.   Cost of living is what you're talking about.   The problem with it is that the median includes expenses ranging from the basics to a lavish lifestyle.   A living wage is supposedly the bare-bones minimum.   Person A may be happy with the lifestyle that 10 bucks an hour provides but person B would be miserable.   

Determining what is a comfortable existence is the subjective part. Everyone has different preferences. Guns and vehicles are low on my priority list where some would find this to be necessary and willing to spend any considerable funds to acquire them. 

21 hours ago, drvoke said:

Your mentality is going to lose.

So, you have now just totally given up on trying to prove that my "mentality" of moronic MW laws being horrible policies is actually wrong, and you are now just arguing about whether they are going to get implemented anyway, dumbass?  Well where have I ever said otherwise, dolt?  I readily admit that the world is chock full of fucking imbeciles and that the  brainwashing done by liberal politicians, liberal indoctrination centers of public education, and their liberal media mouthpieces on these weak-minded sheep has obviously been highly effective.  Therefore, it is no surprise that these laws will eventually get passed more and more often.  No fucking duh.

Or are you actually trying to claim that just because some policy "wins" and gets implemented, that this automatically proves that it is a good policy?

21 hours ago, drvoke said:

So, please, do everyone a favor and STFU.

If you want me to STFU, then the method of accomplishing this is quite simple, at least in principle if not in actuality-

PROVE. ME. WRONG. 

Perhaps you can be the very first idiot lib to ever do this.  Though I suspect you will just cowardly run away like a scared little pussy, just like you always do...

Good luck.

• kfools unpinned this topic
23 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

So, you have now just totally given up on trying to prove that my "mentality" of moronic MW laws being horrible policies is actually wrong, and you are now just arguing about whether they are going to get implemented anyway, dumbass?  Well where have I ever said otherwise, dolt?  I readily admit that the world is chock full of fucking imbeciles and that the  brainwashing done by liberal politicians, liberal indoctrination centers of public education, and their liberal media mouthpieces on these weak-minded sheep has obviously been highly effective.  Therefore, it is no surprise that these laws will eventually get passed more and more often.  No fucking duh.

Or are you actually trying to claim that just because some policy "wins" and gets implemented, that this automatically proves that it is a good policy?

If you want me to STFU, then the method of accomplishing this is quite simple, at least in principle if not in actuality-

PROVE. ME. WRONG. 

Perhaps you can be the very first idiot lib to ever do this.  Though I suspect you will just cowardly run away like a scared little pussy, just like you always do...

Good luck.

minimum wage laws will continue to be passed because they are in the interest of the vast majority of people

Oh well

3 minutes ago, slideman said:

minimum wage laws will continue to be passed because they are in the interest of the vast majority of people

Oh well

Exactly- extremely stupid people that have been heavily brainwashed do indeed have an "interest" in passing the laws of which they have been deceived into supporting by their liberal masters.  No fucking duh. 

On 12/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, slideman said:

He loses and insists he won.

Not a rational actor

By the way, still waiting on you to provide a link or links to where I have supposedly lost a debate to you idiot libs, slidepansy.  Where are they?

Good luck.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, sole result said:

Urban sprawl does it again. Why democaries fail every time as ancestrally repeated for thousands of years so far.

EVERY  government in history has failed in  one way or another,or  changed very greatly. I dare to  name one that has not. Not just democracies,but monarchies,dictatorships, you name  it. Societies make technical discoveries and are changed.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

EVERY  government in history has failed in  one way or another,or  changed very greatly. I dare to  name one that has not. Not just democracies,but monarchies,dictatorships, you name  it. Societies make technical discoveries and are changed.

Let me recite Shakespeare,  "A rose by any other name..........".  the world is but a stage when ancestry becomes intelelctual typecast people on purpose to avoid being honest about life limited to biologically separated so far.

the tribal ideas of power, wealth, and fame are created to sustain doubt life is limited to mutually evolving so far.  That living process of changing forms shaped so far supplies homo sapien replacements to act as if humans aren't part of the natural displacement process.

little white lies don't harm anyone until someone gets honest about living in plain sight.  then all realities rise up to destroy such blasphemy vocabulary is a gift by supreme beings finding host homo sapiens to occupy teaching humans about life beyond mutually evolving so far.

Back to core practice in every reality, defy life is limiting to mutually evolving so far. Both science and religion support conflicting excuses on the same level.

11 minutes ago, sole result said:

Let me recite Shakespeare,  "A rose by any other name..........".  the world is but a stage when ancestry becomes intelelctual typecast people on purpose to avoid being honest about life limited to biologically separated so far.

the tribal ideas of power, wealth, and fame are created to sustain doubt life is limited to mutually evolving so far.  That living process of changing forms shaped so far supplies homo sapien replacements to act as if humans aren't part of the natural displacement process.

little white lies don't harm anyone until someone gets honest about living in plain sight.  then all realities rise up to destroy such blasphemy vocabulary is a gift by supreme beings finding host homo sapiens to occupy teaching humans about life beyond mutually evolving so far.

Back to core practice in every reality, defy life is limiting to mutually evolving so far. Both science and religion support conflicting excuses on the same level.

rose by another name.. phucking origami shyt

1 hour ago, FivebyFive said:

rose by another name.. phucking origami shyt

I invented my own ways to explain my own ideas to discuss event horizons shared by all things universally being separate cycles simultaneously existing spontaneously separate by the forms inorganic or ancestral because nobody else has.

I think instinctively and translate intellectually slower because intellectually one cannot put actual timing into proper grammar designed to isolate details from evolving never duplicated events.

so again because everyone dismisses my understanding of kinetic genetic exchanges of DNA sustaining the numbers occupying space by any species reproducing replacement in this atmosphere for the duration a specific species, ancestral lineage was adapting to space timed apart now as still going on here.

Back to basics philosophy of thinking outside a box, I created a cube with six sides each one color. 

Picture-150.jpg

next figure was inverting the outside 8 corners to be at center mass showing event horizons from inside out.

Picture-152.jpg this is psychology of 6 degrees of separation from a 7th position having 8 corners triangulating against its positions mutually evolving so far.  

Say for example planet earth has 8 hemispheres because there are 6 halves to the whole position it has 3rd from the star.

northern hemisphere, southern hemisphere, daylight hemisphere, night time hemisphere, am hemisphere, pm hemisphere.

all hemispheres co exist simultaneously here as molecular matter passes through each and total sum results of everythign together compounding into nothing stays the same as arrived so far. Perpetual motion is a natural occurring event self evident by results cycling in steady positions always changing details without creating or destroying the energy of life never staying same forms shaped since conceived limited naturally to adapting in one atmosphere.

bet your silent instincts are hibernating as your social mind won't accept anything not documented through applied statistically averaging totalsum so far against each detail added from now on defined in relative time line narratives always suggesting life is larger than mutually evolving now.

Where everything humans do remains corrupted since dawn of civilization.  All done by choices electing lesser of two evils governing each ancestor to always obey clock and claendar semantics or else.

why every reality fails since every social  organization refuses to accept life as actually taking place limited to mutually evolving in plain sight so far. Rule of law doesn't accept natural displacement, just time line semantics with reasonable doubt everyone is guilty of obeying the mutual habitsof ignoring now is eternity but it has always been.

something I thought of whileaway from posting this evening, Instinctive honesty defends liberty of mutually existing, corrupted characters won't tolerate anyone questioning statistically averaged facts used historically against each next ancestor added from now on.

Every social order defending reality morally, legally, situational ethics uses some form of punishment against instinctive honesty being charged with insubordination, treason, blasphemy within their own social reality first second despised by all others for not picking their side, which leaves the win win scenario only applies to those in charge of global economic trade, not church, state, academia, arts, plitics, religion, mob rule democracies or tyranical dictatorships. One party or one person only the numbers change but the behavior is mirrored historically so far.

this is why everyone ignores me, I spark instinctive awareness and that isn't tolerated in any intellectual reality corrupting every added replacement until extinction.