You have to wonder...

While I voted for Trump...both times...he is not the kind of person I would want to see married to my daughter.  Luckily, I am only voting for a President and my vote is based on my political positions, not social and religious positions. 

This election is even closer than the 2016 election.  What happens when republicans nominate someone that isn't occasionally a brash ass-hole with very little personal filter and who says whatever the hell he wants, feelings be damn?   If the dems have this much trouble defeating a jerk like Trump, what chance do they have against a decent person with political experience? 

If the DNC doesn't do something, we may never have another President from that party.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

While I voted for Trump...both times...he is not the kind of person I would want to see married to my daughter.  Luckily, I am only voting for a President and my vote is based on my political positions, not social and religious positions. 

This election is even closer than the 2016 election.  What happens when republicans nominate someone that isn't occasionally a brash ass-hole with very little personal filter and who says whatever the hell he wants, feelings be damn?   If the dems have this much trouble defeating a jerk like Trump, what chance do they have against a decent person with political experience? 

If the DNC doesn't do something, we may never have another President from that party.

Trump shoots from the hip & he irritates people. I like that.

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

They are broken.

Anyone who isn't corrupt, and totally partisan does not want to be associated with them.

I want to see people come out of nowhere, that aren't Republican or Democrat and make it into office ... and show what can be done without a gang mentality.

That may never happen ... but a man can dream.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteryPowered said:

Well said.

This highly partisan Democrat would love nothing more that to see the GOP become a sane political party and to repudiate Trumpism entirely.

If they win some races as a result, I'll live with it.

But this has been a disgusting episode in our history. Trumpism is shameful. We had a brush with American fascism. The only thing stopping Trump was the fact that we have strong institutions that constrained him. Thank god. And thank the founders.

But Trump took us to the breaking point. I'm not sure the republic would have endured four more years.

Bill

2 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

If the dems have this much trouble defeating a jerk like Trump, what chance do they have against a decent person with political experience? 

You don't get it, do you?   Unless there is now a miracle, the democRATS proved they can rig any election against their worst possible opponent.    If they win here, there is not going to be another non-rigged election.   The UNIPARTY will ensure that EVERY election from now on is rigged.   They will go after Trump and his family, post victory, and destroy them so that no one will ever want to oppose them again.    They will reestablish control over ALL organs of government, but especially the FBI, DOJ, Intel agencies, the courts, IRS and the military.   And the Republicans.   They will extend their grip over the media even more than it already is and marginalize/shut down every contrary voices ... on the airways, in the written word and the internet .... so that you will only hear what they want you to hear ... just like in every communist state.  And as a result, YOU will get to experience life in a communist state first hand.   You're an idiot if you think there won't be another democRAT President.

2 hours ago, whiteboy said:

They are broken.

Anyone who isn't corrupt, and totally partisan does not want to be associated with them.

I want to see people come out of nowhere, that aren't Republican or Democrat and make it into office ... and show what can be done without a gang mentality.

That may never happen ... but a man can dream.

In a dream world, a third party candidate could/would make a serious run at the oval office. I vote third party almost exclusively out of principle. However, I know that they face quite the uphill battle. 

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Trump has destroyed the Republican Party and replaced it with a grotesque anti-democratic wannabe dictatorship. It is quite like what Peron did in Argentina, which has yet to recover from Peronismo.

Akin to what Caesar did in Rome

We know how that turned out

1 hour ago, Dontlooknow said:

The Republicans did well with working white males. Just lost the women vote. 

Considering how much democrats express hatred towards working white males I would say this has nothing to do with republicans doing 'well'...its just a reaction to democrats.

4 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

Trump...he is not the kind of person I would want to see married to my daughter. 

In the eyes of Tara Reade and Joe's other female victims plus Jill Biden's previous husband, your words here might be illogical and irrational, and show that you might've been victimized like the 70-million voters who CNN CBS NBC ABC hoodwinked since Nov 2016.

And remember, if you denounce Trump's public persona ...it is because you do not know what it is like to have a President who is NOT a politician.  Those are the idiotic voters. Those are the voters who said, "I need a President who says the politically correct words or the polite words, when he is screwing me over. I do NOT want a President who is crass and rude while he fights for me and uplifts me from the abuse of politicians in the swamp" no doubt indeed this is exactly the conclusion you had to come to.

4 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

.....while leaders can come in various dispositions, what is it going to matter what kind of person the RNC presents when the DNC is in the full knowledge that cheating wins!

The DNC will perpetually have a president.  ......all they have to do is cheat!

......so not an american ideal....

2 minutes ago, pmurT said:

According to Tara Reade and Joe's other female victims plus Jill Biden's previous husband, your words here are illogical and irrational, and show that you might've been victimized like the 70-million voters who CNN CBS NBC ABC hoodwinked since Nov 2016.

And remember, if you denounce Trump's public persona ...it is because you do not know what it is like to have a President who is NOT a politician.  Those are the idiotic voters. Those are the voters who said, "I need a President who says the politically correct words or the polite words, when he is screwing me over. I do NOT want a President who is crass and rude while he fights for me and uplifts me from the abuse of politicians in the swamp" no doubt indeed this is exactly the conclusion you had to come to.

First...I never said Biden was someone I wanted married to my daughter either.  Both have demonstrated the inability to be that kind of man.

I don't mind a person who is crass at times...probably 95% of the population would fall into that group.  I honestly believe the issue many people have with Trump is his desire to play fast and loose with the rules of decency and, at times, his fuck you attitude where he does what he wants, regardless of what advisors tell him.  Before you pounce on that statement, a good leader will do that occasionally because no single advisor hears all the advice they get and sometime you simply have to go with your instinct.  But that is not true 80% of the time.  I understand much of him is shtick and simply a tool to play to his base and control the media.  You may not want to admit it, but there are times when you aren't the smartest person in the room and should (need) to follow the advise of others.

That is probably hopelessly drilled into his core after all those years of dealing in high-dollar real estate and sales, especially in the markets he worked.  And while it is true that Trump is not the typical "DC" politician...you are hopelessly naive (almost to the point of being stupid) if you think he isn't skilled in the ways of politics.  You don't have any success in sales...much less real estate development/sales...and business without being a politician.  The "strong arm" tactics and public shaming of people doesn't work well in DC...because the majority of the people who make it there know how to take any bad situation and spin it in their favor.  And unlike the world he came from, he isn't at the top of the "power broker food chain" in DC.  People like Piglosi, Schummer and McConnell will be there long after he is gone...even if he gets four more years...and know how to work that "market" better than most Presidents could dream of pulling off.

I have said repeatedly, Trump was not my choice in 2016 but when it came to the general election, he was a hell of a lot better than the alternative...and I voted for him based on his probable judicial picks.  I knew Congress (even the friendly part) would keep him from doing all of the things he promised.

19 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

First...I never said Biden was someone I wanted married to my daughter either.  Both have demonstrated the inability to be that kind of man.

Be that as it may, guessed what you created at the moment you decided to point out only Trump's deficiency in this area?

25 minutes ago, pmurT said:

Be that as it may, guessed what you created at the moment you decided to point out only Trump's deficiency in this area?

I figured most people, with at least a modicum of intelligence, would realize the topic was the DNC opponent.

I never said I was comparing/contrasting the nominees.

I figured most people, with at least a modicum of intelligence, would realize the topic was the DNC opponent.

Well it appears that people with much intelligence should be able to come here expecting at least a modicum of, fairness, by not having to read Trump critics whining only about Trump's personality traits ---altho its some evil that both him and Biden possess. Its illogical. Its irrational. Face this. 

3 minutes ago, pmurT said:

Well it appears that people with much intelligence should be able to come here expecting at least a modicum of, fairness, by not having to read Trump critics whining only about Trump's personality traits ---altho its some evil that both him and Biden possess. Its illogical. Its irrational. Face this. 

Whatever...I'm done with you on this.

6 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Trump has destroyed the Republican Party and replaced it with a grotesque anti-democratic wannabe dictatorship. It is quite like what Peron did in Argentina, which has yet to recover from Peronismo.

That’s why they gained seats in the house and are keeping the senate. 😆

• Fuck you! 1

5 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Trump took us to the breaking point.

By being the most  liberal  GOP president  in history ?

By releasing blacks who were wrongly  imprisoned for drugs?

By de-escalating military conflicts all over the globe?

By lowering taxes?

By lessening  regulations?

(which resulted in the  greatest  economy the world has ever seen.)

For  seating  constitutionalists to the  SCOTUS?

For trying to fix the  unfair trade deals in  Europe and Asia?

For securing our borders?

For destroying  ISIS?

what  exactly brought you  to the breaking  point?

7 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

easy get rid of electoral college.

Hilary won the popular vote

as did Biden

5 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

You don't get it, do you?   Unless there is now a miracle, the democRATS proved they can rig any election against their worst possible opponent.    If they win here, there is not going to be another non-rigged election.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

By being the most  liberal  GOP president  in history ?

By releasing blacks who were wrongly  imprisoned for drugs?

By de-escalating military conflicts all over the globe?

By lowering taxes?

By lessening  regulations?

(which resulted in the  greatest  economy the world has ever seen.)

For  seating  constitutionalists to the  SCOTUS?

For trying to fix the  unfair trade deals in  Europe and Asia?

For securing our borders?

For destroying  ISIS?

what  exactly brought you  to the breaking  point?

THE HUMONGOUS DEFICIT and the way he speaks to people come to mind.