Historical Draft (suggestion)

Did a Historical Draft years ago on the Houston Texans message board.

It was fun.

Only so many people can play, or you run out of people, but you get to draft 10 people from history to start a new country with.

Alive or dead.

Politicians, inventors, military, sports, famous people, whatever.

Once the person is drafted they cant be drafted again (obviously).

It was interesting to see who folks would pick, and what they would put priority on for a new beginning.

26 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

It was fun.

Only so many people can play, or you run out of people, but you get to draft 10 people from history to start a new country with.

Alive or dead.

It was interesting to see who folks would pick, and what they would put priority on for a new beginning.

Sounds fun

4 minutes ago, Butthead said:

My first draft pick would be Lucifer.  Not the shit-tier poster on this board, the actual lord of the damned.  That dude made stuff happen.     My 2nd draft choice would be Ghandi.    Gotta have someone in there to keep the evil one in check.   

Has to be someone flesh and blood who walked the Earth ... Jesus was allowed in the draft I was in, but that was a wasted pick ...

2 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Wait, so is my civilization going to go to war with or have to compete with others?  

Of course, there is always that chance.

It is basically what 10 people do you pick, if you were starting a new country from nothing.

No year designated, just a brand new world.

1 minute ago, whiteboy said:

Of course, there is always that chance.

It is basically what 10 people do you pick, if you were starting a new country from nothing.

No year designated, just a brand new world.

Only 10 people?  I guess at that rate I'd go with me and 9 women with child bearing hips.   Wait, 8 women with child bearing hips.    The 10th pick would go to the guy that played Corky in "Life Goes On".    

1 hour ago, whiteboy said:

It was fun.

Alive or dead.

So how does it work?

1 hour ago, lucifershammer said:

So how does it work?

10 round draft.

Each person gets one pick per round. Has to be a real person that lived, or is living.

Can pick anyone ... no certain categories.

24 hours time limit between picks in case someone cant log on for a day, but the timer starts once the previous pick is made, so most picks are either back to back or with a couple hours of each other.

How many people you want to let play depends on who you think will actively participate. 10? 15? 20? At some point it has to be limited to how many people are worth drafting, so I wouldn't go over 20 ... that's 200 picks and might be stretching it.

Mod sets and keeps track of draft order, and keeps a running board of who has been picked and by whom.

The scenario is basically you just landed the Mayflower on a new land, and what 10 people do you want with you to start your society.

Typically when someone posts their pick, they also explain briefly why and what that person will bring to their world.

5 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

10 round draft.

Each person gets one pick per round. Has to be a real person that lived, or is living.

Can pick anyone ... no certain categories.

24 hours time limit between picks in case someone cant log on for a day, but the timer starts once the previous pick is made, so most picks are either back to back or with a couple hours of each other.

How many people you want to let play depends on who you think will actively participate. 10? 15? 20? At some point it has to be limited to how many people are worth drafting, so I wouldn't go over 20 ... that's 200 picks and might be stretching it.

Mod sets and keeps track of draft order, and keeps a running board of who has been picked and by whom.

The scenario is basically you just landed the Mayflower on a new land, and what 10 people do you want with you to start your society.

Typically when someone posts their pick, they also explain briefly why and what that person will bring to their world.

Wouldn't work on NHB but could work elsewhere.  We'd have to lock in participants.  Since you know the game then you be in charge.

11 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

Wouldn't work on NHB but could work elsewhere.  We'd have to lock in participants.  Since you know the game then you be in charge.

I will pass on being in charge.

Not a mod and dont want to be.

Also I run my own business and wouldn't have time to do it effectively.

3 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

Imagine if Hitler were surrounded by the best science and technology available. 

Hitler had pretty good technology and so,me excellent generals.But his ego seems to have deterred him from putting his best generals really in charge. Rommelin particular. Fighting a two front war was a bad idea as well.

6 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

Imagine if Hitler were surrounded by the best science and technology available. 

He wasn't far off...some of the weaponry that Germany used or was developing was amazing as we were very fortunate we defeated him when we did...

12 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

You wouldn't be a mod exactly. We could find the intrest and you could create a private room and run it.

I really just wouldn't have time to run it properly.

It was just an idea.

Figured things might slow down here after the election.