So Trump signals that he's going to fire Dr Fauci.

This is quite a guy we have in the White House.

Dr Fauci will likely need his own security detail to protect him from the Trump Train-ers.

I despair for our county. We need to win this.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LoreD said:

It won't be for long.  Biden has indicated that Fauci will be back on the job on Inauguration Day.

#followthefauci

The news that Donald J Trump has failed to meet with the Coronavirus Task Force for over 5 months is beyond my comprehension and beyond my limit to control my rage. And while he's too busy or too indifferent to the deaths his gross incompetence and holding of super-spreading events has caused to even feign concern, he finds time to golf.

I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude to Joe Biden. He could as easily have enjoyed a much deserved retirement instead of being faced with a mess of epic proportions. But looking at Trump's almost 72 million votes and the fact that Joe Biden was in a unique position to draw supporters from a wide array of voters, from disaffected Republicans, to swing white working class men, to suburban women, to traditional Democratic liberals, to those on his left, we managed to build a coalition that carried the day. Much tighter than it ought to be. That Trump has as much support as he does is chilling.

But I feel like our coalition literally saved this country from a very dire future. We need to hold together. There is so much that remains to be done, including trying to win the two Senate races in GA.

It is heartening to know that we will have a president who is personally invested in making sure science drives our response to this pandemic will be in charge along with the very good initial news on the vaccine front means we may finally contain this virus and life can begin to return to normal. So much work lies in front of us.

Bill

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, SpyCar said:

It is heartening to know that we will have a president who is personally invested in making sure science drives our response to this pandemic will be in charge along with the very good initial news on the vaccine front means we may finally contain this virus and life can begin to return to normal. So much work lies in front of us.

It is also heartening to know that we will have a president who cares whether people live or die.

• Thumb up 1
1 minute ago, Olivaw said:

It is also heartening to know that we will have a president who cares whether people live or die.

For sure. I don't get the feeling that the Loser gives a damn (at best) and that he seems to welcome a "cull" (at worst).

What an evil mofo.

Bill

• Thumb up 1