Proud of the American Voters

I am so PROUD of the millions of Americans who have been exercising their SACRED Constitutional right to vote in this SACRED decmocracy of ours.

And they are doing so DESPITE the SAVAGE and RELENTLESS attacks on them by the DEMOCRACY HATERS.
- That is, they are doing so DESPITE the efforts of the Banana Republicans at ALL levels of our government, who want to impede and prevent their efforts to vote.
- And they are doing so DESPITE the efforts of Don-the-Dictator-Wannbe, who ALSO wants to impede and prevent their efforts to vote.
  And furthermore, he wants to intimidate them at the polls.

GOD BLESS these voters!  They are TRUE Americans.

And to h•ll with DDW and the BRs!
  They are NOT true Americans.  And they are TRULY low-lifes and human scum.

4 hours ago, RedStone7476 said:

And to h•ll with DDW and the BRs!  They are NOT true Americans.  And they are TRULY low-lifes and human scum.

I disagree.  They are merely Americans who have different opinions.  

They have families, jobs, and friends.  We go to school with them and work beside them.  Most Americans, whether left or right, Dem or Rep, are good honest people who want the best for their country.  Opinions on how to accomplish that are certainly diverse and many are, in my opinion, wrong.  But, being wrong doesn't make a person "scum".    

You may believe that their wrong ideas do great damage to the country.  They may believe the same about your ideas.   We can either have civil debates, exchange ideas, and agree to compromises...or, we can scream all-caps insults and behave like angry children.  Sadly, most of our leaders have settled on the latter course.   If we go along with all that hatred, I'm afraid it won't end well for the nation.  

• Upvote 1

I have zero loyalty to any politician. 

Just commitment which lasts only so long as performance of their official duties remains satisfactory, in my estimation.  Politicians are primarily public servants.  Their main duty is to perform the will of the majority that elected them.  Their responsibility should be leadership with an emphasis on the common good.

Some politicians might project a public persona which is entertaining, charming or otherwise pleasant;  But superficialities should not be their main public attraction.  Unfortunately, for millions, this is not the case now.  

What is scary is that so many Americans are putting personality above Country.  Paradoxically, many of them wave flags but care more about their cult-leader than the nation.  And they seem to care little for the health and well being of their fellow-Americans but more about devotion to a personality.

This trend is a path to fascism.

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

I disagree.  They are merely Americans who have different opinions.  

They have families, jobs, and friends.  We go to school with them and work beside them.  Most Americans, whether left or right, Dem or Rep, are good honest people who want the best for their country.  Opinions on how to accomplish that are certainly diverse and many are, in my opinion, wrong.  But, being wrong doesn't make a person "scum".    

You may believe that their wrong ideas do great damage to the country.  They may believe the same about your ideas.   We can either have civil debates, exchange ideas, and agree to compromises...or, we can scream all-caps insults and behave like angry children.  Sadly, most of our leaders have settled on the latter course.   If we go along with all that hatred, I'm afraid it won't end well for the nation.  

I think you've done a good job of outlining the problem of populism.

I feel as sharply against the politics of Donald J Trump as any person--and I'm under no illusion that there are some serious deranged and evil people in his cult--but if we vilify every American whose politics disagree with ours we are heading down a bad road.

Trumpism has been a challenge for me. It's easy to see everyone on the other side as scum. These are not normal times and Trump is not a normal president.

I pray we vote him out.

Bill