Censorship on DailyKos

I was a member of DailyKos since 2009, until I posted the following:

Anti-War or Moral Relativism?

In the pivotal 2016 election, Daily Kos came out strongly in favor of Hillary Clinton. Is it just coincidence that she was the most pro-war candidate of all time? Many touted John McCain as a “respectable conservative”, a “maverick”. Is it just coincidence that John McCain was the second most pro-war candidate of all time?

In 2020, only one Democrat candidate bothered to speak against the wars, Tulsi Gabbard. She got last place, and is reviled on this forum for not being truly liberal. Coincidence?

Just a week ago, the English Labor party kicked out Jeremy Corbyn for an antisemitic comment. Why didn’t they kick out Tony Blair for waging the Iraq war? Is it just coincidence that Corbyn got his start in politics by protesting the Iraq war?

Looking back through history we see the same pattern. In 2008 and 2012, Ron Paul was the most vilified candidate around, for being racist. No surprise, his platform centered around ending the Iraq war. 

Let’s take a moment to remind ourselves, Daily Kos was founded in opposition to the Iraq war. That’s what makes this so striking. It’s not even a question of being insufficiently anti-war. It’s about becoming a mouthpiece for the very same neoconservatives who were the bane of our existence. This place reads like a human resources manual for a defense contractor.  It’s harder and harder to ignore this pattern of making excuses for the war hungry, while denigrating anyone who dares speak out. Social justice is always the weapon of choice, because everyone is always guilty.

Digging deeper only paints an even uglier picture. Rachael Maddow cried when Trump threatened to pull out of Syria. The CIA and the New York Times repeated the same tired geopolitical tropes about “losing respect on the world stage”, “hanging our brave allies out to dry”, “playing into Russia’s hands”. The CIA and the New York Times are the people who made up the lie about WMDs. They caused the Iraq war. Why are we so hostile to Trump when he correctly identifies the media and the intelligence communities as the enemies of the people?

Instead of practicing diplomacy, they tell us to hate Russia. Russia oppresses homosexuals. Russia interferes in elections. Project much? The real reason probably has more to do with our failure to inflict Syria with the same fate as Libya. But homophobia sure makes a great excuse for yet another war. “Always punch Nazis”.

Modern wars are marketed as humanitarian interventions, not conquests. “Operation Iraqi Freedom”. The original Progressives championed both world wars, salivating at the prospect of a centrally planned economy, castigating opponents as “isolationist”. How can we continue to fall for crass slogans like “The War to End All Wars”, “Make the World Safe For Democracy”, and atrocity propaganda like “babies in incubators”, “WMDs”, “chemical weapons used on their own people”?

Now, “Only bigots are against war”. That’s the dumbest one yet. Who dies fighting in these wars? People Of Poverty (POP), those without Class Privilege, disproportionately. You’ve probably never heard those terms. As far as academia is concerned, they don’t exist.

We can’t keep allowing luxury beliefs about social justice to override what’s really important. If it’s racist to oppose war, your name better be David Duke (who really is anti-war by the way).

Mid-morning on a Saturday, my post was deleted and my account banned outright within 1 minute.

Time to look for new forums anyway. That's how I ended up here. A couple others I came across have registration closed until after the election. Feels like being locked out of society. Any comments on my post? On my situation? How do you deal with people who don't want to listen? Isn't it frustrating?

Discuss:

9 minutes ago, BornRetarded said:

I was a member of DailyKos since 2009, until I posted the following:

Mid-morning on a Saturday, my post was deleted and my account banned outright within 1 minute.

Time to look for new forums anyway. That's how I ended up here. A couple others I came across have registration closed until after the election. Feels like being locked out of society. Any comments on my post? On my situation? How do you deal with people who don't want to listen? Isn't it frustrating?

Discuss:

If the Dems would have rolled out Tulsi Gabbard, they may have had a chance.

But she wasn't a puppet, so they went with Kamala .... who is actually running for President.

If Biden won, the 25th would be invoked immediately.

If I were black ... why would I vote for a party who has to hide their true intentions, because they dont think a black women can win the Presidency?

2 hours ago, BornRetarded said:

In 2020, only one Democrat candidate bothered to speak against the wars, Tulsi Gabbard. She got last place, and is reviled on this forum for not being truly liberal. Coincidence?

Why don't you inform the room about Ms Gabbard and her history and then they can decide how biased  or not you are being in your telling of events.  I don't see one iota more honesty in the info YOU posted than 

I have in  others - probably LESS.