Police who shot Wallace were improperly trained, family says

31 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

"Dem popo's was didnt go tumn schoo and for dem dat isra lil tuched in da haed ... dat why we;s be not filink chargums just want sum chedda"

44 minutes ago, FivebyFive said:

Name 1 antifa in jail or arrested.. not dead

How many right wing nut job names you want?

I got Al Gores highway  in my palm

Relevance? Yet how many Antifa have been arrested and let free for violence looting and arson?  https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Antifa+members+in+jail&atb=v1-1&ia=web   5 RW nutjobs will do. Make sure they have involved themselves in recent violence, all 5.

I understand he had a knife, but that does not give you carte blanche to execute a man, quite frankly," Johnson told reporters at a news conference outside Philadelphia City Hall. “What other than death did you intend when you shoot a man — each officer — seven times apiece?"

Maybe the coppers intended to see their families again and knew from past dealings they were dealing with a violent excon.

The video shows “instant panic” from officers whose training taught them only how to open fire, he said, noting he saw no viable attempt from officers to deescalate the situation.

They told the guy drop the knife a dozen times.  The OGs mother was there telling him to calm down and he ignored her.  He must think the coppers have time to wait around and let things play out. 

I am not a LEO BUT I play one on TV.  They try and deescalate a situation when the subject is listening, when the coppers are in control or the subject is contained.  Not when they have to make a split second decision when someone that is armed starts to come at you.

15 hours ago, AnotherJim said:

In the future, an officer must be stabbed 3 times before he opens fire. 

Wasn’t there three officers?  

Do you agree that officers should be trained in hand to hand combat?

It ain’t hard to subdue a guy with a knife without using deadly force when you are properly trained. 

14 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Wasn’t there three officers?  

Do you agree that officers should be trained in hand to hand combat?

It ain’t hard to subdue a guy with a knife without using deadly force when you are properly trained. 

Maybe the guy with the knife should have considered, if I attack the police with a deadly weapon, I might get shot.

6 hours ago, Old Mack said:

I understand he had a knife, but that does not give you carte blanche to execute a man, quite frankly," Johnson told reporters at a news conference outside Philadelphia City Hall. “What other than death did you intend when you shoot a man — each officer — seven times apiece?"

Maybe the coppers intended to see their families again and knew from past dealings they were dealing with a violent excon.

The video shows “instant panic” from officers whose training taught them only how to open fire, he said, noting he saw no viable attempt from officers to deescalate the situation.

They told the guy drop the knife a dozen times.  The OGs mother was there telling him to calm down and he ignored her.  He must think the coppers have time to wait around and let things play out. 

I am not a LEO BUT I play one on TV.  They try and deescalate a situation when the subject is listening, when the coppers are in control or the subject is contained.  Not when they have to make a split second decision when someone that is armed starts to come at you.

Shouldn't "drop the knife" be enough?

5 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

So being mentally unstable would mean, if he stabbed an officer to death, the officer would be less dead? Who knew he was mentally unstable?

There were three officers there. 

The likelihood of a cop being stabbed to death isn’t very high when they are properly trained in hand to hand combat. Plus, the police are well-protected to stop a knife. 

Why does the life of a man with mental issues mean so little to you? 

1 minute ago, Pastafarian said:

There were three officers there. 

The likelihood of a cop being stabbed to death isn’t very high when they are properly trained in hand to hand combat. Plus, the police are well-protected to stop a knife. 

Why does the life of a man with mental issues mean so little to you? 

Why does a man with mental issues mean so little to his own family? The family should have addressed the problem with a vengeance; but instead allowed him to roam the streets unsupervised. The family is to blame for his death.

Just now, JinnMartini said:

Why is a person with  "mental issues"  any less guilty of a crime than a person without mental issues ?

Fits the liberal agenda. If the man was that far around the bend, his family should have taken immediate steps, and not let up until he had help.

Just now, AnotherJim said:

Why does a man with mental issues mean so little to his own family? The family should have addressed the problem with a vengeance; but instead allowed him to roam the streets unsupervised. The family is to blame for his death.

How do you know they weren’t?

People get away sometimes. It happens to Alzheimer’s patients more than you think.