Jump to content

Who Would Joe Biden Pick for Supreme Court?


Recommended Posts

Any pick by any Democrat is going to rule against the 2nd Amendment. Flat out. That is why the judicial nomination hearings are a waste of time. Each side of the isle already knows how the nominee will vote, but they all put on a big show like it is some goddamn Encyclopedia Brown mystery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

Rightwingers gave you Heller which says gov't gun control laws are VERY LEGAL.

You are wrong again. 

 

Heller was anti-control you fucking moron.

 

"District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark decision of the US Supreme Court ruling that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, unconnected with service in a militia, for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home, and that the District of Columbia's handgun ban and requirement that lawfully owned rifles and shotguns be kept "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock" violated this guarantee"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

Rightwingers gave you Heller which says gov't gun control laws are VERY LEGAL.

You are wrong again. 


And that same decision says you can’t ban entire classes of weapons that are IN COMMON USE. There is no way you can argue that semi-automatic firearms are not commonly owned. Otherwise you would arguing that one 1) You are upset that rightwingers have been purchasing all these “assault weapons” for the last several decades and 2) Some how after all those millions of purchases over many decades, that doesn’t mean they are in common use. You would basically be voiding the dictionary definition of common.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deadric said:

And that same decision says you can’t ban entire classes of weapons that are IN COMMON USE.

It did not identify "common use".

AR 15s are NOT in "common use" being maybe 1% of all guns in the US.

Easily bannable.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Deadric said:

Any pick by any Democrat is going to rule against the 2nd Amendment. Flat out. That is why the judicial nomination hearings are a waste of time. Each side of the isle already knows how the nominee will vote, but they all put on a big show like it is some goddamn Encyclopedia Brown mystery.

"isle" Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...