Arbeit Macht Frei ; Facebook bans HOLOCAUST DENIAL!.. no free speech allowed!

The infamous "Abeit macht frei" (work makes you free" slogan over Auschwitz's entranceIMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionThe gates of Auschwitz concentration camp, now a memorial, where more than one million people died

Facebook has explicitly banned Holocaust denial for the first time.

The social network said its new policy prohibits "any content that denies or distorts the Holocaust".

Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg wrote that he had "struggled with the tension" between free speech and banning such posts, but that "this is the right balance".

Two years ago, Mr Zuckerberg said that such posts should not automatically be taken down for "getting it wrong".

"I'm Jewish and there's a set of people who deny that the Holocaust happened," he told Recode at the time.

"I find it deeply offensive. But at the end of the day, I don't believe that our platform should take that down because I think there are things that different people get wrong. I don't think that they're intentionally getting it wrong."

His remarks led to a large public backlash.

But on Monday, as Facebook changed its policies, he wrote that he had changed his mind.

"My own thinking has evolved as I've seen data showing an increase in anti-Semitic violence, as have our wider policies on hate speech," he wrote in a public Facebook post.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, falconduler said:
The infamous "Abeit macht frei" (work makes you free" slogan over Auschwitz's entranceIMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionThe gates of Auschwitz concentration camp, now a memorial, where more than one million people died

The social network said its new policy prohibits "any content that denies or distorts the Holocaust".

Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg wrote that he had "struggled with the tension" between free speech and banning such posts, but that "this is the right balance".

Two years ago, Mr Zuckerberg said that such posts should not automatically be taken down for "getting it wrong".

"I'm Jewish and there's a set of people who deny that the Holocaust happened," he told Recode at the time.

"I find it deeply offensive. But at the end of the day, I don't believe that our platform should take that down because I think there are things that different people get wrong. I don't think that they're intentionally getting it wrong."

But on Monday, as Facebook changed its policies, he wrote that he had changed his mind.

"My own thinking has evolved as I've seen data showing an increase in anti-Semitic violence, as have our wider policies on hate speech," he wrote in a public Facebook post.

Zucherberg is a Nazi.

Must writers and speakers who deny the Holocaust be guaranteed equal access to curricula and classrooms? Should responsible libraries collect and classify work born of blatant bigotry? Have survivors been injured when their victimization has been repudiated? More profoundly, can we reject spurious revisionism, or punish purposeful expressions of hatred, and still pay homage to the liberty of thought ennobled by the First Amendment? Should the People have the power to suppress the misrepresentation of historical fact when it is motivated by nothing more than racial animus? Are some conflicts between freedom of expression and civility as insoluble as they are inevitable? Can history ever be proven as Truth?  

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel plans to nominate a far-right former general and Cabinet minister who once called for the expulsion of Palestinians from the West Bank to head the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial, officials said Tuesday.

Effie Eitam, a religious nationalist with a history of harsh rhetoric toward the Palestinians and Israel's Arab minority, is also a staunch advocate of Jewish settlements in the occupied territories, which are widely seen as a violation of international law and an obstacle to peace.

Groups representing Holocaust survivors have expressed concern his appointment could tarnish one of the world's leading institutions for Holocaust remembrance and open it up to criticism from the Palestinian-led boycott movement as well as those who question or deny the Nazi genocide.

Higher Education Minister Zeev Elkin, a member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party, selected Eitam for the post, Israel's Haaretz daily reported. An Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the appointment, which has not been made public, said Netanyahu supports his candidacy. A spokesman for Elkin did not respond to requests for comment.  ITS ALL A BIG Fat  lie..

26 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Facebook is not government.  

You’d think by now the constitutional scholars (all republicans 🙄) would understand this.

Woolworth was not the govt nor was the Birmingham city bus co.. both were found guilty of  refusing access to blacks and to Rosa Parks.. 

I'm refused equal access on facebook for who  I am..

43 minutes ago, falconduler said:

Woolworth was not the govt nor was the Birmingham city bus co.. both were found guilty of  refusing access to blacks and to Rosa Parks.. 

I'm refused equal access on facebook for who  I am..

Transportation is public.

Social media is private enterprise.  

On 10/27/2020 at 11:32 PM, falconduler said:

The infamous "Abeit macht frei" (work makes you free" slogan over Auschwitz's entrance

IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS

After what has gone down this year ...

If someone did to the blacks in America, what Hitler did to the Jews in Germany ... you think anyone would complain?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

I think BLM is being framed by the usual suspects. 

How do you "frame" someone caught on video rioting, looting, burning property, attacking innocent people, vandalizing homes, etc, etc, etc ...

You cant really be that delusional.