The ATF Wants to Make Gun Owners Criminals.

Just now, Redoctober said:

Many people like me have AR pistols with brace stocks and short barrel PCC with brace stocks. Now the ATF wants to change their mind (AGAIN) and make these weapons require a tax stamp. 

Pistol length rifle caliber firearms are useless... a gimmick.

Sure it should be your right to own them, but why would you. Have you ever shot a Mini Draco? It's just a dumb idea.

Now these short barreled shotties... yeah, I can get behind that.

A double barrel 12 gauge that you can carry in your pocket, fuck yeah. I'll take two.

4 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Many people like me have AR pistols with brace stocks and short barrel PCC with brace stocks. Now the ATF wants to change their mind (AGAIN) and make these weapons require a tax stamp. 

During the Ovomit debacle, gun stores were set up 1 by 1. Hell a guy down the road that had been there for 40 years was shut down due to some minor paper work error. He was only open 1 day a week and probably only sold a few guns a year. Same happened to many others in the area. Democrats are criminals, not Americans.

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

Sure it should be your right to own them, but why would you. Have you ever shot a Mini Draco? It's just a dumb idea.

A double barrel 12 gauge that you can carry in your pocket, fuck yeah. I'll take two.

PCC's have been around for a long time. They aren't a gimmick. You just happen to not like them. Why, I don't know. 

I love shooting my Stribog and my Zenith MP5 clone.

StribogwithBrace.jpg?fit=1016,670&ssl=1

My PCC's are not my go to gun for defense but I have fun shooting them. 

The issue is the ATF and their ever-changing rules that confuse gun owners. 

6 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I have a Poly Judge that I like.

2 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

PCC's have been around for a long time. They aren't a gimmick. You just happen to not like them. Why, I don't know. 

I love shooting my Stribog and my Zenith MP5 clone.

StribogwithBrace.jpg?fit=1016,670&ssl=1

My PCC's are not my go to gun for defense but I have fun shooting them. 

The issue is the ATF and their ever-changing rules that confuse gun owners. 

That is not a rifle cartridge is it?

I'm not talking about a monkey gun here, but a pistol that chambers a rifle cartridge.

Have you ever fired a 7.62 out of a six inch barrel?

Just now, rippy38 said:

I'm not talking about a monkey gun here, but a pistol that chambers a rifle cartridge.

No , but ive fired a .410 slug out of  a 2" BARREL...lol

8 minutes ago, 123urout said:

No , but ive fired a .410 slug out of  a 2" BARREL...lol

I love a .410

I like pressure and weight when it comes to a cartridge.

A .38 is the perfect handgun round for personal defense... damn those autoloaders.

There are some nice .45 ACPs on the market right now though, but that's a whole different subject.

I just like to shoot!

Just now, rippy38 said:

I love a .410

I like pressure and weight when it comes to a cartridge.

A .38 is the perfect handgun round for personal defense... damn those autoloaders.

There are some nice .45 ACPs on the market right now though, but that's a whole different subject.

I just like to shoot!

My favorite thing to do is shoot 22lr at 125 yards.Lob them in like cannon balls, takes a lot of practice.

Just now, 123urout said:

My favorite thing to do is shoot 22lr at 125 yards.Lob them in like cannon balls, takes a lot of practice.

Yes sir.

When you dial that dude in, you can smack a beer can out of the sheriff's hand at 100 yards. My .22's are my favorite firearms to shoot. I have a couple pistols that just a blast to plink with. No squirrel or rabbit is safe.

Lol

Just now, rippy38 said:

Yes sir.

When you dial that dude in, you can smack a beer can out of the sheriff's hand at 100 yards. My .22's are my favorite firearms to shoot. I have a couple pistols that just a blast to plink with. No squirrel or rabbit is safe.

Lol

My favorite 22 pistol is-

HIGH STANDARD MODEL 106 MILITARY SUPERMATIC TROPHY .22 LR ...Its impossible to miss with this thing, gold plated trigger.

Just now, 123urout said:

I have several .22 pistols, i like them all, the other high standard I like is-

HIGH STANDARD 22 CAL TARGET PISTOL in muncie / anderson ...

I had a Hi Standard .22 mag two shot derringer that my ex wife tooke with her when we split. She still has it, but STILL wont give it back... 20 years later.

If she dies before me, I'm getting that god damned pistol... mark my words.

Lol

Just now, rippy38 said:

I had a Hi Standard .22 mag two shot derringer that my ex wife tooke with her when we split. She still has it, but STILL wont give it back... 20 years later.

If she dies before me, I'm getting that god damned pistol... mark my words.

Lol

Those things are very deadly in the right hands.

4 minutes ago, 123urout said:

Those things are very deadly in the right hands.

Indeed. That single six revolver I have has a mag cylinder that I can swap out, and it makes it a completely different animal.

I think she may let me have that derringer after this last week... I saw her for the first time in about 8 years and she seemed receptive. She's got a .38 and a shotgun I want back too. May have to make a road trip.

I've driven five hours for a couple of bottles of bourbon, so a seven hour trip for my own firearms isn't completely out of the question.

Might get some duck hunting in while I'm out there.

Lol

1 hour ago, Redoctober said:

Now the ATF wants to change their mind (AGAIN) and make these weapons require a tax stamp. 

The AFT do not make the Federal Laws...Congress does...they just enforce them.

Not sure BUT I think Congress gives them some discretion on what they enforce.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, rippy38 said:

I see what you are saying. No that stribog is 9mm. 

I will say an 8 - 10" barrel for 300 blackout is perfect, because the cartridge was developed for subsonic suppression.  My 8" blackout is my main home defense weapon.

2 hours ago, 123urout said:

I can shoot 22 anything  all day. The funnest gins to shoot. I still have well over 1k rounds of 22lr. I'm too sacred to shoot them after the previous 22lr shoetage.

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

The AFT do not make the Federal Laws...Congress does...they just enforce them.

Not sure BUT I think Congress gives them some discretion on what they enforce.

This is not law but a regulation. The ATF does all sorts of things like this. They are directly going against Trump's directive to not make anymore changes to regulations. 

There is no reason to require tax stamps on SBR's or stocks. We don't require it for handguns and it is handguns  that are mostly used in gun violence. 

6 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

I see what you are saying. No that stribog is 9mm. 

I will say an 8 - 10" barrel for 300 blackout is perfect, because the cartridge was developed for subsonic suppression.  My 8" blackout is my main home defense weapon.

I could see that. Low speed and lots of ummph.

My biggest consideration in home defense is over penetration.  Standard rifle ammo just keeps on going, and going, and going

2 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

This is not law but a regulation. The ATF does all sorts of things like this. They are directly going against Trump's directive to not make anymore changes to regulations. 

Besides being a city Philadelphia is a county and they make their own gun laws.

They have been sued by Harrisburg several times BUT basically it doesn't change a thing.

Nothing surprises me now of days.

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

I could see that. Low speed and lots of ummph.

My biggest consideration in home defense is over penetration.  Standard rifle ammo just keeps on going, and going, and going

You will get that with any defensive rounds. A lot of people get 5.56 frangible rounds for this reason.

I am more concerned with having an easy to shoot low recoil and compact weapon, than over penitration. 

Whatever.

They can ban all they want ... people aint giving up shit.

Wonder how many bump stocks are still out there?

Everyone was supposed to take those down to their local police station right?

I'm guessing how many actually got turned in ... let's see ... umm ... zero.