The Official I Voted for Joe Biden Thread.

Dropped my ballot off last Wednesday, but only saw that my ballot was in-hand and approved to be counted about a half-hour ago on the "Where's My Ballot?" app that CA is using to track ballots this season.

This will be my first election since getting the vote when I haven't voted in person. I always vote. Seems weird.

I was mildly anxious as I was not sure of my signature matching. When did I last sign something? 

But I'm good.

Proud to cast a vote for America's future: Biden/Harris 2020.

How about you?

Bill

• Upvote 1

My ballot should have arrived and will be counted although its California.

Need battleground state Dems to step up!!

Hooray liberals, we can fix these problems if we really try.

Do try!

Please make everyone you know try!

Cheers!!!

5 hours ago, Whatthe said:

My ballot should have arrived and will be counted although its California.

Need battleground state Dems to step up!!

Hooray liberals, we can fix these problems if we really try.

Do try!

Please make everyone you know try!

Cheers!!!

Welcome to the forum.

And thank you for voting!!!

Bill

Two days ago, I deposited the ballots for myself and wife at the county admin building, drop box.  

Joe Biden and the Democrats all the way.   Blast the misnamed GOP out of office.  🌟🌟🌟.  They are vile traitors to truth, justice and the American Way.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, bludog said:

Two days ago, I deposited the ballots for myself and wife at the county admin building, drop box.  

Joe Biden and the Democrats all the way.   Blast the misnamed GOP out of office.  🌟🌟🌟.  They are vile traitors to truth, justice and the American Way.

Site is back up Bluedog. do you know if it was attacked again? 

19 minutes ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

Site is back up Bluedog. do you know if it was attacked again? 

Hi Cyndi:  I think dot net must have been attacked, since it went offline similar to before.  But George Washington (aka Admin), have. to his credit, put protections in place which enabled it to bounce back quickly.

4 minutes ago, bludog said:

Hi Cyndi:  I think dot net must have been attacked, since it went offline similar to before.  But George Washington (aka Admin), have. to his credit, put protections in place which enabled it to bounce back quickly.

It seems to me, someone is out to get both these tiny forums.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

It seems to me, someone is out to get both these tiny forums.

Yes.  All social media that allow any form of free speech.  

24 minutes ago, bludog said:

Yes.  All social media that allow any form of free speech.  

Moderately free, as someone at the other place keeps erasing/hiding my posts.

Bill

13 hours ago, theLion said:

I early voted the first day it was open here in Illinois. Straight demo. 

I grew up Republican, but SWITCHED TO dem in 2004. tRump is the final degradation of the GOP. 

I heard that on the supreme court  agenda real soon is whether or not trump's taxes can be released to courts. I heard this on the news. I don't have a link. 

My wife and I dropped off our absentee ballots at the Freeport town hall the very first day they were accepting them.  We have checked on the SecState website and both of our ballots have been  accepted.  Blue from top to bottom.  Adios clown... Adios Susan Collins!

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, maineman said:

My wife and I dropped off our absentee ballots at the Freeport town hall the very first day they were accepting them.  We have checked on the SecState website and both of our ballots have been  accepted.  Blue from top to bottom.  Adios clown... Adios Susan Collins!

Good man! 

What's you take on the Maine Senate race? Is Collins cooked?

Bill

7 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Good man! 

What's you take on the Maine Senate race? Is Collins cooked?

Bill

After 2016,  I am reticent to get too confident, but The Portland Press Herald, who has endorsed Collins in some of her previous elections, strongly endorsed Sara Gideon (who is MY state representative and just a cute and feisty little firecracker who rose to become Speaker of the Maine House).  The paper basically said that sending her back to be a rubber stamp for Mitch was not in the best interests of the state.  She's up in the polls and she's got a bunch of cash to keep ads on TV.  I KNOW she's got at least two votes already. ;)

26 minutes ago, maineman said:

After 2016,  I am reticent to get too confident, but The Portland Press Herald, who has endorsed Collins in some of her previous elections, strongly endorsed Sara Gideon (who is MY state representative and just a cute and feisty little firecracker who rose to become Speaker of the Maine House).  The paper basically said that sending her back to be a rubber stamp for Mitch was not in the best interests of the state.  She's up in the polls and she's got a bunch of cash to keep ads on TV.  I KNOW she's got at least two votes already. ;)

I think we all have PTSD from 2016. I do--for sure.

The polls I've seen show Sara Gideon willing handily. It is hard to get a full complexion of her from afar, but boy does she come off well. Seems like a great candidate to run against Collins from a non-local perspective.

Bill

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I think we all have PTSD from 2016. I do--for sure.

The polls I've seen show Sara Gideon willing handily. It is hard to get a full complexion of her from afar, but boy does she come off well. Seems like a great candidate to run against Collins from a non-local perspective.

Bill

I will try to find my moments of zen and be ready for an evening of good news a week from today.  I cautiously anticipate a blue wave that sends the GOP the strong message that Trumpism is a losing strategy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, maineman said:

I will try to find my moments of zen and be ready for an evening of good news a week from today.  I cautiously anticipate a blue wave that sends the GOP the strong message that Trumpism is a losing strategy.

If it doesn't go well, I'll join you in some fermented and distilled agave juice.

Bill

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

If it doesn't go well, I'll join you in some fermented and distilled agave juice.

Bill

May I recommend Cazadores Reposado.  After living in Mexico for six years, I tasted an enormous number of different tequilas.  A lot of them were a lot more expensive, but very few of them tasted better.

• Upvote 1
Just now, maineman said:

May I recommend Cazadores Reposado.  After living in Mexico for six years, I tasted an enormous number of different tequilas.  A lot of them were a lot more expensive, but very few of them tasted better.

I do believe that I have a bottle of Cazadores Reposado stashed around here somewhere. It is a favorite among our local Mexican tequila aficionados.

Did you ever consume pulque during your stay in Mexico? I once went on an art-buying/research trip with my (then) Phd candidate girlfriend from UCLA to DF. The patriarch of a famous folk-art making family loved pulque and he dragged me everyday to his favorite pulquería. He was an old man, but boy could he drink.

The pulquería was most interesting. Had a large bathtub-like trough to piss in the back of the bar, and a tiled channel right in front of the bar (at one's feet) in case one was too drunk to make it. LOL.

No ladies allowed. Women could place "to go" orders at a side window.

I kind of developed a taste for the stuff. I think I earned "bonus points" for not adding any optional fruit flavorings.

Bill

33 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I do believe that I have a bottle of Cazadores Reposado stashed around here somewhere. It is a favorite among our local Mexican tequila aficionados.

Did you ever consume pulque during your stay in Mexico? I once went on an art-buying/research trip with my (then) Phd candidate girlfriend from UCLA to DF. The patriarch of a famous folk-art making family loved pulque and he dragged me everyday to his favorite pulquería. He was an old man, but boy could he drink.

The pulquería was most interesting. Had a large bathtub-like trough to piss in the back of the bar, and a tiled channel right in front of the bar (at one's feet) in case one was too drunk to make it. LOL.

No ladies allowed. Women could place "to go" orders at a side window.

I kind of developed a taste for the stuff. I think I earned "bonus points" for not adding any optional fruit flavorings.

Bill

Our neighbor had some and I tried it once and was not a fan.  We did not have any pulquerias in Merida that I knew of.

6 minutes ago, maineman said:

Our neighbor had some and I tried it once and was not a fan.  We did not have any pulquerias in Merida that I knew of.

My impression is that pulquerías are dying out. Old fashioned.

I think I earned a lot of good-will with my new artist friend when I liked the pulque. I don't think he or the bartender expected that one bit. They pushed the fruit additives at first--which I refused. But after a few, I was "in." LOL.

Bill

4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

My impression is that pulquerías are dying out. Old fashioned.

I think I earned a lot of good-will with my new artist friend when I liked the pulque. I don't think he or the bartender expected that one bit. They pushed the fruit additives at first--which I refused. But after a few, I was "in." LOL.

Bill

it reminded me of buttermilk.... good for you - that was some hard earned street cred!