Fauci:  "It is time for a Federal Mask Mandate."  

Fauci says it might be time to mandate masks as Covid-19 surges across US

He's the expert.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-says-it-might-be-time-to-mandate-masks-as-covid-19-surges-across-us/ar-BB1aleiU?ocid=msedgdhp

(Full article at above link)

Dr. Anthony Fauci has been reluctant to support a federal mask mandate.

"A national mandate probably would not work," he said on Sept 15 during a news conference with Vermont Gov. Phil Scott.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been urging Americans to use masks for months. "I have trust in the American people that if we put a strong emphasis on the importance of wearing masks, that we will come around and do that and get that percentage up above the relatively low percentage of people that are using masks," Fauci said on July 21 on NPR's Morning Edition.

But he has said before that he doesn't think a federal law would be the way to go.

"I don't like to be authoritarian from the federal government, but at the local level, if governors and others essentially mandate the use of masks when you have an outbreak, I think that would be very important," Fauci told Alabama Sen. Doug Jones during a Facebook live event in July.

Until now.

"Well, if people are not wearing masks, then maybe we should be mandating it," Fauci told CNN's Erin Burnett Friday.

Covid-19 has been worsening across the United States, with cases rising in 32 states Friday and holding steady in 17 more. The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation said the country was entering a winter surge as new infections passed 75,000 in a single day on Friday and more than 800 deaths were reported.

Mask mandates may be tricky to enforce, but it might be time to call for them, Fauci said.

"There's going to be a difficulty enforcing it, but if everyone agrees that this is something that's important and they mandate it and everybody pulls together and says, you know, we're going to mandate it but let's just do it, I think that would be a great idea to have everybody do it uniformly," he said.

As cooler weather comes, people need to "double down" on measures that work, Fauci said. "Universal mask wearing" is one, he said, as is keeping a distance from others and frequent hand washing. "They sound very simple. But we're not uniformly doing that and that's one of the reasons we're seeing these surges," Fauci said.

51 minutes ago, drvoke said:

He's the expert.

Until now.

dr. Fauci is often wrong.  Where were you, when they ran a montage of the many times he has been incorrect?

When will you all accept, that Trump does not have to ONLY listen to Fauci? What is about Trump, that makes you all feel like Fauci is the person who should control Trump's actions?

“Dr. Fauci said don’t wear masks, and now he says wear them,” Trump said July 7. “He said numerous things. Don’t close off China. Don’t ban China. I did it anyway.”   Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity July 9, “Fauci is a nice man, but he’s made a lot of mistakes.”

On July 11, The Washington Post reported that White House staff released a statement saying that “several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things.” The Post said the statement included a long list of Fauci’s alleged errors. Among them, doubt that people without symptoms could play a significant role in spreading the virus, and a late February comment that “at this moment, there is no need to change anything that you’re doing on a day-by-day basis.”

...I called out a YouTube channel that uploaded an old clip of Fauci saying masks were not necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as if it was new — the video segment was from more than two months earlier... Other criticisms overlook the caveats he included with his reassuring words.

Fauci’s comments also came in the context of Trump, who offered a drumbeat of encouragement. In mid-February, Trump said “we’re in very good shape,” and near the end of the month that “the coronavirus is very much under control.” PolitiFact has fact-checked several misleading claims about what Fauci has said. Here is a summary of Fauci in his own words on the travel ban, wearing masks, the size of the threat, and the risk of asymptomatic transmission... Click here to read more.

55 minutes ago, drvoke said:

He's the expert.

He's also the official asshole !

So why is he not wearing a muzzle there , the bastard ?

We're all supposed to wear one, don't we ?

I see  .  .  .   "some are more equals  than others",  right ? 

FUCK OFF LIBTARDS

MAGA&KAG

Amend the Constitution  .  .  .  TRUMP  ALL THE WAY TO  2028

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Fauci says it might be time to mandate masks as Covid-19 surges across US

He's the expert.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-says-it-might-be-time-to-mandate-masks-as-covid-19-surges-across-us/ar-BB1aleiU?ocid=msedgdhp

(Full article at above link)

Dr. Anthony Fauci has been reluctant to support a federal mask mandate.

"A national mandate probably would not work," he said on Sept 15 during a news conference with Vermont Gov. Phil Scott.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been urging Americans to use masks for months. "I have trust in the American people that if we put a strong emphasis on the importance of wearing masks, that we will come around and do that and get that percentage up above the relatively low percentage of people that are using masks," Fauci said on July 21 on NPR's Morning Edition.

But he has said before that he doesn't think a federal law would be the way to go.

"I don't like to be authoritarian from the federal government, but at the local level, if governors and others essentially mandate the use of masks when you have an outbreak, I think that would be very important," Fauci told Alabama Sen. Doug Jones during a Facebook live event in July.

Until now.

"Well, if people are not wearing masks, then maybe we should be mandating it," Fauci told CNN's Erin Burnett Friday.

Covid-19 has been worsening across the United States, with cases rising in 32 states Friday and holding steady in 17 more. The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation said the country was entering a winter surge as new infections passed 75,000 in a single day on Friday and more than 800 deaths were reported.

Mask mandates may be tricky to enforce, but it might be time to call for them, Fauci said.

"There's going to be a difficulty enforcing it, but if everyone agrees that this is something that's important and they mandate it and everybody pulls together and says, you know, we're going to mandate it but let's just do it, I think that would be a great idea to have everybody do it uniformly," he said.

As cooler weather comes, people need to "double down" on measures that work, Fauci said. "Universal mask wearing" is one, he said, as is keeping a distance from others and frequent hand washing. "They sound very simple. But we're not uniformly doing that and that's one of the reasons we're seeing these surges," Fauci said.

Where does the federal government get the authority for this mandate?

He's the expert.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? We are a constitutional republic, not an oligarchy. Oh wait, we are turning into an oligarchy. My bad.