Jump to content

United States vs. Google


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, pmurT said:

 

Yes!!  God Bless America!

 

 

 

 

I've been predicting this and begging for it to happen for quite some time.  Yes, God Bless America and to Hell with Google!!!

 

FWIW, I've been using DuckDuckGo for years now because of my pure hate for Google.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skans said:

  been using DuckDuckGo for years 

 

ROFL ... me too!!

 

but I hate it how I can't use semi-colon when I type into the url/have to been on the actual website  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pmurT said:

 

ROFL ... me too!!

 

but I hate it how I can't use semi-colon when I type into the url/have to been on the actual website  

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  I just type in "DuckDuckGo" into the address bar and it pops up.  I do my searches the same way I would on Google.  I just don't get pages of bullshit anymore with a Duck search.  What do you use a semicolon for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pmurT said:

 filter searches

I use the " - " sign in front of a word to exclude it.  I looked up different types of filters, but found nothing about a semi-colon, thus why I'm inquiring.

 

Common search techniques

Search social media

Put @ in front of a word to search social media. For example: @twitter.

Search for a price

Put in front of a number. For example: camera $400.

Search hashtags

Put in front of a word. For example: #throwbackthursday

Exclude words from your search

Put - in front of a word you want to leave out. For example, jaguar speed -car

Search for an exact match

Put a word or phrase inside quotes. For example, "tallest building".

Search within a range of numbers

Put .. between two numbers. For example, camera $50..$100.

Combine searches

Put "OR" between each search query. For example, marathon OR race.

Search for a specific site

Put "site:" in front of a site or domain. For example, site:youtube.com or site:.gov.

Search for related sites

Put "related:" in front of a web address you already know. For example, related:time.com.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skans said:

I use the " - " sign in front of a word to exclude it.  I looked up different types of filters, but found nothing about a semi-colon, thus why I'm inquiring.

 

Common search techniques

Search social media

Put @ in front of a word to search social media. For example: @twitter.

Search for a price

Put in front of a number. For example: camera $400.

Search hashtags

Put in front of a word. For example: #throwbackthursday

Exclude words from your search

Put - in front of a word you want to leave out. For example, jaguar speed -car

Search for an exact match

Put a word or phrase inside quotes. For example, "tallest building".

Search within a range of numbers

Put .. between two numbers. For example, camera $50..$100.

Combine searches

Put "OR" between each search query. For example, marathon OR race.

Search for a specific site

Put "site:" in front of a site or domain. For example, site:youtube.com or site:.gov.

Search for related sites

Put "related:" in front of a web address you already know. For example, related:time.com.

 

Cool. Thanks for that info

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

Google is unfair toward President Trump, just like I am. So I'm mad they will use anti trust laws to break up google's deceitful practices which favor Dem voters. 

 

...fixed

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

I'm glad they will use anti trust laws to break up google. 

I wish they would break up Google too.  But, they won't.  Google will pay a fine.  They will sign some sort of agreement with the DOJ to refrain from structuring their search engine to have bias for or against any political candidate.  Probably some more stuff in the agreement too, but that will be the crux of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

Apparently you are a fan of corporate influence over public opinion but there is no reason to pretend that Google is an operating system

What is the operating system for a Chromebook?  It seems to be a specialized version of Linux used with Android devices and Chromebook.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

Apparently you are a fan of corporate influence over public opinion but there is no reason to pretend that Google is an operating system

Google allows me to express my opinion just fine.

 

Corporate whores have been running this country for decades.

 

In both parties.

 

Joe is a corporate whore.. but vote for him I must.  The alternative is crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FivebyFive said:

Google allows me to express my opinion just fine.

 

Corporate whores have been running this country for decades.

 

In both parties.

 

Joe is a corporate whore.. but vote for him I must.  The alternative is crap.

Expressing your opinion is irrelevant to the science of controlling your opinion. Google has indeed made this into a science and already brags about how effective it is at social engineering. This is not the age of enlightenment anymore...it is a sort of brave new world Orwellian dystopia with a idiocracy characteristics

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...