Being pro-Trump has caused me more grief than being Osama bin Laden’s niece

Americans are, in my experience, the warmest, most kind-hearted and open-minded people in the world. I have found this to be true for my whole life, despite being the niece of Osama bin Laden and sharing the same last name (albeit spelled slightly differently — bin Ladin is the original translation). Americans base their judgment on the content of someone’s character and actions, not on the color of their skin — or their last name. This was reaffirmed last month, after I voiced my love for America and support for President Trump. The response to ‘My Letter to America’ has been overwhelmingly wonderful, and I am most thankful to all those who took the time to read it and send kind messages, including Spectatorreaders. But in my private life, I have lost a few so-called friends for backing Donald Trump over the past five years. Coming out publicly was a step too far for some, and the vitriol I received for stating my political beliefs revealed unflattering sides to certain characters. From a sociological standpoint, it is quite interesting that in some elitist circles being pro-Trump has caused me more grief than carrying the name bin Ladin.

Even more striking were the contrasting reactions to President Trump’s COVID diagnosis. Gleeful comments devoid of compassion flooded social media, some even going as far as to wish for his death. Kim Jong-un showed more sympathy than many of the President’s detractors. Yet for all the hate, there was an outpouring of love and well-wishes from his supporters. One take from a favorite Twitter account of mine (@HonorAndDaring) expressed it best: ‘Trump is the first and only President that I’ve actually cared about. That’s because he’s the first President in recent memory that seems to care more about Americans than an abstract ideology or just enriching his donors.’ This sentiment is clearly felt by many Americans, who come out in droves for the President wherever he goes, including Walter Reed Medical Center during his stay: if he can’t hit the road, the rally comes to him.

And why do I support Donald Trump? Look at his record. He has stood up to China, kept America out of new wars, solidified ties with Israel, overturned the disastrous Iran deal and obliterated Isis. Domestically, he removed handicapping regulations to American economic growth, rebuilt a depleted military, brought back manufacturing and revamped dying industries by renegotiating trade deals and cutting taxes; he has achieved energy independence, curbed immigration — all of which contributed to setting record unemployment rates. He has tackled neglected issues such as human trafficking and unjust incarceration — and given America a chance at restoring her principles, pride, independence and true place in the world as beacon of liberty and hope for all.

I had intended to write this from London, but COVID quarantine restrictions prevented me from flying into the UK from Switzerland. I did try to skirt the rules, I admit, via neighboring countries, but to no avail. In proper Orwellian fashion, all traveling nowadays is monitored with mandatory governmental forms throughout Europe, even if your country isn’t on the quarantine list. I missed my goddaughter’s baptism as a result. Besides the sadness I felt from missing out on this, I thought of all those who couldn’t be with their loved ones before passing away during lockdown, and was filled with dread at the prospect of what the future might hold: is the next step ‘no vaccine, no travel’?

At least I wasn’t subjected to a two-hour Black Lives Matter-themed play, The New Tomorrow at the Young Vic, unlike my friend who wasn’t so lucky last weekend. She was invited by a leftist friend of hers and, unknown to her before accepting the invitation, the entire play was a BLM manifesto. Not surprisingly, she described the experience as a form of torture; her friend was enthralled. While I’m glad to miss out on London’s latest cultural trends, I was disappointed at having to cancel my reunion with friends — not least with Douglas Murray whose book launch for The Madness of Crowds at the Spectator offices remains a firm highlight of last year.

Thankfully, these frustrations and let-downs are outweighed by hope, love and trust. Seeing the uplifting images of Americans rallying around the President also warms my heart and lifts my spirits. I wish I could be there with them. You can be sure I’ll be on one of the first flights to America once restrictions are lifted — via London, to meet my goddaughter, of course.

This article was originally published in The Spectator’s November 2020 US edition.

https://spectator.us/being-pro-trump-caused-more-grief-bin-laden-niece-noor-bin-ladin/

she was on Tucker Friday...she stated the anti-Trump rhetoric on European media is way worse than here...hard to believe...

1 hour ago, ROG62 said:

Americans are, in my experience, the warmest, most kind-hearted and open-minded people in the world. I have found this to be true for my whole life, despite being the niece of Osama bin Laden and sharing the same last name (albeit spelled slightly differently — bin Ladin is the original translation). Americans base their judgment on the content of someone’s character and actions, not on the color of their skin — or their last name. This was reaffirmed last month, after I voiced my love for America and support for President Trump. The response to ‘My Letter to America’ has been overwhelmingly wonderful, and I am most thankful to all those who took the time to read it and send kind messages, including Spectatorreaders. But in my private life, I have lost a few so-called friends for backing Donald Trump over the past five years. Coming out publicly was a step too far for some, and the vitriol I received for stating my political beliefs revealed unflattering sides to certain characters. From a sociological standpoint, it is quite interesting that in some elitist circles being pro-Trump has caused me more grief than carrying the name bin Ladin.

Even more striking were the contrasting reactions to President Trump’s COVID diagnosis. Gleeful comments devoid of compassion flooded social media, some even going as far as to wish for his death. Kim Jong-un showed more sympathy than many of the President’s detractors. Yet for all the hate, there was an outpouring of love and well-wishes from his supporters. One take from a favorite Twitter account of mine (@HonorAndDaring) expressed it best: ‘Trump is the first and only President that I’ve actually cared about. That’s because he’s the first President in recent memory that seems to care more about Americans than an abstract ideology or just enriching his donors.’ This sentiment is clearly felt by many Americans, who come out in droves for the President wherever he goes, including Walter Reed Medical Center during his stay: if he can’t hit the road, the rally comes to him.

And why do I support Donald Trump? Look at his record. He has stood up to China, kept America out of new wars, solidified ties with Israel, overturned the disastrous Iran deal and obliterated Isis. Domestically, he removed handicapping regulations to American economic growth, rebuilt a depleted military, brought back manufacturing and revamped dying industries by renegotiating trade deals and cutting taxes; he has achieved energy independence, curbed immigration — all of which contributed to setting record unemployment rates. He has tackled neglected issues such as human trafficking and unjust incarceration — and given America a chance at restoring her principles, pride, independence and true place in the world as beacon of liberty and hope for all.

I had intended to write this from London, but COVID quarantine restrictions prevented me from flying into the UK from Switzerland. I did try to skirt the rules, I admit, via neighboring countries, but to no avail. In proper Orwellian fashion, all traveling nowadays is monitored with mandatory governmental forms throughout Europe, even if your country isn’t on the quarantine list. I missed my goddaughter’s baptism as a result. Besides the sadness I felt from missing out on this, I thought of all those who couldn’t be with their loved ones before passing away during lockdown, and was filled with dread at the prospect of what the future might hold: is the next step ‘no vaccine, no travel’?

At least I wasn’t subjected to a two-hour Black Lives Matter-themed play, The New Tomorrow at the Young Vic, unlike my friend who wasn’t so lucky last weekend. She was invited by a leftist friend of hers and, unknown to her before accepting the invitation, the entire play was a BLM manifesto. Not surprisingly, she described the experience as a form of torture; her friend was enthralled. While I’m glad to miss out on London’s latest cultural trends, I was disappointed at having to cancel my reunion with friends — not least with Douglas Murray whose book launch for The Madness of Crowds at the Spectator offices remains a firm highlight of last year.

Thankfully, these frustrations and let-downs are outweighed by hope, love and trust. Seeing the uplifting images of Americans rallying around the President also warms my heart and lifts my spirits. I wish I could be there with them. You can be sure I’ll be on one of the first flights to America once restrictions are lifted — via London, to meet my goddaughter, of course.

This article was originally published in The Spectator’s November 2020 US edition.

https://spectator.us/being-pro-trump-caused-more-grief-bin-laden-niece-noor-bin-ladin/

she was on Tucker Friday...she stated the anti-Trump rhetoric on European media is way worse than here...hard to believe...

+100.

Excellent post !!

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

And cheese for free.

The Old Dem Party is dead.

The New Dem Party is made up of communists, queers,

negros, atheists, and whites on S.S. Disability & Medicaid.

Which group do you fall into?                                          😎

Just now, Taipan said:

All of them.

What of it?

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Toldya said:

You're all so oppressed... worse than the Jews in Nazi Germany.

I cry for you every day.

Not oppressed...of course if you had it your way, we would be...

I just found it interesting...the cancer culture knows no borders, I guess...

20 minutes ago, Taipan said:

That's obvious...you see his pic? A true commie queer welfare bottom feeder...

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

You actually think that's me? Not! Its my California idol/LiberalismLapdog, James Bobo Faye, who epitomizes why California's big foot always shoes our deceitful Dem Party

...fixed

• Thumb up 1
16 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

You actually think that's me?

What a maroon!

Look up James Bobo Faye.

Your answer lies there.

It's your nic...why would I believe anything different...or does he write your posts too?

13 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

You actually think that's me?

What a maroon!

Look up James Bobo Faye.

Your answer lies there.

Being a spelling Nazi like you try to be

ma•roon

•  
    Very dark crimson or red. See II., 2.
  • n.
    A kind of sweet chestnut produced in southern Europe, and known elsewhere as the French or Italian chestnut, having a single kernel and attaining a large size from the fact that the other two seeds of the involucre or bur are abortive. It is largely used for food by the poor in the countries where it is produced.
  • n.
    A generic name for any pure or crimson red of very low luminosity. The color of a chestnut is yellower.
6 hours ago, Taipan said:

The Republican Party - the party of WHITE LIARS.

I will take the Dems, new or old, anyday over the white trash of the GOP.

15 minutes ago, Scout said:

Here is the old Dem Party;

"Ask not what the country can do for you.....but

what you can do for your country".

Dem Pres. John F. Kennedy, 1960.

Old Dem Party

Does that sound like the New Dem Party today? (I don't think so).

Or does Kennedy sound like a patriot GOP of today?

47 minutes ago, Scout said:

The Republican Party - the party of WHITE LIARS

Joe Biden is WHITE and has told many lies.  Joe Biden hates the USA, so you are fine with him telling lies. There's a famous computer in America, these days, which verify that Joe Biden and Hunter Biden are WHITE LIARS but since they hate America, like you do, then you are a-okay with them being WHITE LIARS. 

So, thank you for once again, showing readers here why you have the dreadful reputation which you have on this website.

Being pro-Trump is shameful.

Bin Laden killed less than 4,000 Americans--which a horrific number.

Trump's at about 215,000. It's like a Twin Towers every other day.

Yet Trump goes around dancing to the Village People while he spreads the Trump-virus in areas already at maximum hospital capacity.

Trump is a monster. Time to cancel this freak show.

Bill

4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Being pro-Biden is shameful. Bin Laden killed less than 4,000 Americans--which a horrific number--and Joe Biden was against the invasion of bin Laden's compound that night he was killed. But today, my job is tell lies on President Trump regarding 215,000 dead people. I know they are dead because Dem mayors and Dem governors botched the COVID response after President Trump quickly sent them all of the supplies they asked for.

...fixed

1 hour ago, Scout said:

*SHOCK* *AWE* GASPS*

3 hours ago, Taipan said:

Here is the old Dem Party;

"Ask not what the country can do for you.....but

what you can do for your country".

Dem Pres. John F. Kennedy, 1960.

Old Dem Party

Does that sound like the New Dem Party today? (I don't think so).

Or does Kennedy sound like a patriot GOP of today?

Dems stand for a person getting decent wages for their work......not letting only the wealthiest stay wealthy.

Dems are people who really work; Republicans are people who LIE their way out of working.  

8 hours ago, Scout said:

Dems stand for a person getting decent wages for their work......not letting only the wealthiest stay wealthy.

Dems are people who really work; Republicans are people who LIE their way out of working.  

I have decided to join the Dem Party because I want;

1.  Free F/stamps.

2.  Free Housing.

3.  Free Elect. 

4.  Free  EBT cash debit cards.

5.  Free H/care.

6.  Free College.

7.  Free 'living wage'.  ($2,000/mo.).

8.  Free Med/Marijuana.

9.  Free day care.

10. Free S.S. Disability.    I have 'carpel-tunnel syndrome'  because I stay home all day,

smoke weed, and play violent video games.

And....I want high taxes.

I don't care how high they are. 

I won't be working.                        I am going to make a reeeal fine Democrat !!                 😊