Diane Feinstein is now an ally.

Yes, she is the worst when it comes to wanting to ban guns, but she is our new best friend for two reasons:

1) She likes the filibuster and will likely vote against getting rid of it.

2) She does not want to expand the court; another vote against that.

She is so stuck on precedent at her age, that she doesn’t realize her vote against getting #1 and #2 will keep the her from ever getting the gun control she wants. Without those two things, our 6-3 Court will destroy their gun legislation and a lot of other stuff.

I am proud to call Diane Feinstein my new best friend.

14 minutes ago, Deadric said:

Yes, she is the worst when it comes to wanting to ban guns, but she is our new best friend for two reasons:

She is so stuck on precedent at her age, that she doesn’t realize her vote against getting #1 and #2 will keep the her from ever getting the gun control she wants. Without those two things, our 6-3 Court will destroy their gun legislation and a lot of other stuff.

DiFi is probably ready to keel over at any moment.

I think she is about 112 or something.

I read a story the other day that said she was pretty tight with Jim Jones back in the day in San Francisco.

That should tell you all you need to know about that crazy bitch.

LOL

13 minutes ago, Deadric said:

The filibuster been gone forever. 

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

No it's not.

On November 21, 2013, Senate Democrats used the so-called "nuclear option," voting 52–48 — with all Republicans and three Democrats opposed — to eliminate the use of the filibuster on executive branch nominees and judicial nominees, except to the Supreme Court.

Fact check: Republicans, not Democrats, eliminated the Senate filibuster on Supreme Court nominees

CAMILLE CALDERA | USA TODAY | 6:58 pm EDT October 1, 2020

icon-sms_24.svg icon-facebook_24.svg icon-twitter_24.svg icon-mail_24.svg

c1f97016-6bff-431b-a571-30418898acf0-VPC_DEABTE_SCOTUS_WIDE_ABC.jpg
President Trump and Joe Biden clash on the debate stage over the appointment of a new Supreme Court justice.
USA TODAY

The claim: Former Sen. Harry Reid orchestrated the 'nuclear option' to lower the vote threshold for Supreme Court confirmations to 51

As Democrats lament the possible confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, some Republicans tried to tell them that they have no one to blame but themselves. 

Alongside a photo of former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and current Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a user took to Facebook to "remind" Americans what Reid did in 2013.

"You see prior to 2013 it took 60 votes in the Senate to confirm a Supreme Court nominee, now it takes a simple majority of 51. Know why? Because Harry Reid and his fellow Democratic senators voted to change the rule to 51, it was called the 'nuclear option' and they pushed that button," the post read.

The post also noted that at the time, then-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., — now the majority leader — spoke out against the change.

"So all you Democrats, if it wasn't for your party changing the rule in 2013 you would now have the votes to stop Trump from replacing Ginsburg," the post continued. "If you want to blame somebody for screwing you out of the chance to stop Trump from filling this seat, you can put the blame right where it belongs, your own party and the people you elected to run it."

The user behind the post did not respond to a request from USA TODAY for comment.

Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., on Capitol Hill. Reid has since retired from politics.
Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., on Capitol Hill. Reid has since retired from politics.
J. SCOTT APPLEWHITE, AP

In 2013, Reid and Democrats lowered vote threshold on most nominees, but not for Supreme Court picks

In 2013, Democrats held a majority in the Senate while President Barack Obama occupied the White House. 

21 minutes ago, Deadric said:

It won't matter.  I am confident Trump will win the election. 

Just now, Skans said:

It won't matter.  I am confident Trump will win the election. 

22 minutes ago, Deadric said:

I'm confident that Trump will lose the election and the court will be expanded. 

3 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

On November 21, 2013, Senate Democrats used the so-called "nuclear option," voting 52–48 — with all Republicans and three Democrats opposed — to eliminate the use of the filibuster on executive branch nominees and judicial nominees, except to the Supreme Court.

Yes... but this only applies to executive branch nominees and judicial nominees... as your post states.

Just now, rippy38 said:

Yes... but this only applies to executive branch nominees and judicial nominees... as your post states.

Oh your right right. I forgot the Senate still has the filibuster for legislation. 

1 minute ago, Dontlooknow said:

Read the article on who ended the filibuster one supreme court nominees. 

Reid created the "nuclear option" so it's kinda hard to get pissed at the Republicans for using it.

McConnell warned Reid that it would come back to bite the Dems in the ass one day... and it has.

Just now, rippy38 said:

Reid created the "nuclear option" so it's kinda hard to get pissed at the Republicans for using it.

McConnell warned Reid that it would come back to bite the Dems in the ass one day... and it has.

McConnell ended the filibuster on supreme court nominees. 

Just now, Dontlooknow said:

Because it you can learn who eliminated the filibuster for supreme court nominees. 

Who eliminated the filibuster for supreme court nominee's?

Reid opened the door for it to happen.

McConnell told him it would happen... Reid changed the rule anyway.

I see I see. 

So when read is in charge he eliminated the filibuster. When mcconnell is in charge he eliminated the last restriction on it. 

This is McConnells fault though?