Con Posts Photos of Wicked-Ass Assault Weapons On Political Forum....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like guns. I hate weed, drugs and Democrats.

In your face, you returning leftist pussies:    

This is exactly what they do in Communist Nations.  Howdie Commie - nice of you to show us how you want to disarm us too.

1 minute ago, whiteboy said:

Pictures of some genuine quality hardware!

Those are some very fine additions NFA to this thread!  And, an interesting Glock. 

20 hours ago, Dontlooknow said:

Well the right wing gotta have their binky I guess. They are so scared to go to the grocery store they gotta go heavily armed. 

Lotta cowardice among them.

I just walk out the door and get in the car.

Apparently some of us have gotten sufficient established to not have to live in crime ridden neighborhoods.

Trump people are known for being FAILURES so I am not surprised they live in such low rent places that are

crime ridden.  Of course, I also know THEY are likely the source of all the armed crime as the guys

who carry guns......for theft. 

11 minutes ago, Scout said:

Apparently some of us have gotten sufficient established to not have to live in crime ridden neighborhoods.

Trump people are known for being FAILURES so I am not surprised they live in such low rent places that are

crime ridden.  Of course, I also know THEY are likely the source of all the armed crime as the guys

Here's hoping to see hear about you being a victim someday, Scout.  Democrats like to be victims, perpetual victims, don't they, Scout.  That is what being a Democrat is all about.  Being a victim and making others victims too. 

Democrats believe that Crime is for the Courageous, and Criminals should be rewarded.  Those who protect themselves from crime, according to Democrat Scout, are cowards, because they are actually willing to stand up, fight and take on the criminal who attempts to make them a victim. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

So you do not consider your life worth saving, good neither do the rest of us.

6 hours ago, Skans said:

Here's a few more "scary" assault weapons....

See if you can name them.....

SITE-Spectre-M4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

400px-ClaridgeHiTec9mmTR.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

300px-MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg&f=1&nofbth?id=OIP.XS1Bohwzuoa3h1w1Y01vSAHaC6%26pbruce_shaw_prototype_leftside..jpg&f=1&n

All 'assault weapons' that should be banned.

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

All 'assault weapons' that should be banned.

Why? Because you think they look scary?  Democrats just want to ban guns, you've proven your point.

15 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

The second one down on the left... what is this? Why the need for the ribbed (or whatever you call it) item?

The second one down is a Claridge Hi-Tech, based on a gun desgned by an x-cop, Joe Claridge.  So, this is actually just a 9mm pistol (other calibers were supposedly made, but I've never seen them).  Capacity was not all that high - IIRC, the mags hold about 15-20 rounds.  The doo-dad on the barrel is just that - something to make it look cool.  It does absolutely nothing.  There was a pistol carbine and a rifle version of this gun as well.  They were made between 1984 and 1990.  It was featured in the movie Total Recall.

While some people think this gun looks a bit ridiculous, it was actually fairly well made, and accurate. It's just that a Glock 9mm holds as many or more rounds and, well, is much easier to conceal and carry. 

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

The second one down is a Claridge Hi-Tech, based on a gun desgned by an x-cop, Joe Claridge.  So, this is actually just a 9mm pistol.  Capacity was not all that high - IIRC, the mags hold about 15-20 rounds.  The doo-dad on the barrel is just that - something to make it look cool.  It does absolutely nothing.  There was a pistol carbine and a rifle version of this gun as well.  They were made between 1984 and 1990.

While some people think this gun looks a bit ridiculous, it was actually fairly well made, and accurate. It's just that a Glock 9mm holds as many or more rounds and, well, is much easier to conceal and carry. 

Interesting. Was hoping that the doo-dad had some functional purpose. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

Interesting. Was hoping that the doo-dad had some functional purpose. 

It's only functional purpose was to get it used in the movie Total Recall.   Still, I think it's a pretty cool looking doo-dad.

Just now, Skans said:

It's only functional purpose was to get it used in the movie Total Recall.   Still, I think it's a pretty cool looking doo-dad.

It is cool. Probably expensive as heck but would be worth acquiring. 

On another note, when you watch films do you have an eye for the guns used? Any that were more interesting than others. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

It is cool. Probably expensive as heck but would be worth acquiring. 

Right, and right.  I've tried to acquire one several times and each time I got outbid at the lest second. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

On another note, when you watch films do you have an eye for the guns used? Any that were more interesting than others. 

When watching a movie, I can generally name all of the guns used  - it's rare that I can't, but occasionally, there will be one that will stump me.  When I was first married, my wife would get annoyed by this - she's deaf to it now. 

Blade Runner featured a COP .357.  I did purchase one of these, but not because of the movie, it was because a friend's father had one, which he let me hold once, and I was impressed with its design.

The first gun in my little montage is a Sites Spectre.  I find this one rather interesting because it has an odd design feature which seems to have been missed by BATF, and which most people are unaware of.  It was banned under the '89 import Ban anyway, so no more being made or coming into the country.  I don't know if it was featured in any movies.   It is rather well made, though.

The very steampunk looking Borchardt C-93 was featured in the 1999 Wild Wild West - do you remember seeing this one - it's on my list of "gotta have" pistols, bid on two and was too low to get one:

2014_CSK_05963_0113_002(a_fine_and_early

4 minutes ago, Skans said:

The very steampunk looking Borchardt C-93 was featured in the 1999 Wild Wild West - do you remember seeing this one - it's on my list of "gotta have" pistols, bid on two and was too low to get one:

I do remember seeing this one. Very interesting to look at. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I do remember seeing this one. Very interesting to look at.

It was the first semi-auto, magazine fed pistol that actually went into production developed by German engineer, Hugo Borchardt.  George Luger took that design and simplified it to come up with the German Luger.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

It was the first semi-auto, magazine fed pistol that actually went into production developed by German engineer, Hugo Borchardt.  George Luger took that design and simplified it to come up with the German Luger.

Interesting factoid. 

On 10/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, Skans said:

Here's a few more "scary" assault weapons....

See if you can name them.....

SITE-Spectre-M4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

400px-ClaridgeHiTec9mmTR.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

300px-MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg&f=1&nofbth?id=OIP.XS1Bohwzuoa3h1w1Y01vSAHaC6%26pbruce_shaw_prototype_leftside..jpg&f=1&n

The last one (from up to down)... is this a factory model or a modification of an existing item? Does this come from the factory looking exactly like this?

14 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

The last one (from up to down)... is this a factory model or a modification of an existing item? Does this come from the factory looking exactly like this?

Yes, this came from the factory that way.  It was not modified. It's called the Gwinn Arm Pistol also produced by Gwinn and Bushmaster, and hasn't been manufactured in decades.  As I recall, most were made during the 1970's, maybe some in the '80's. 

There were several different variants.  The story goes that It was designed for helicopter pilots, apparently because they were easy to stow, and could be fired one-handed, even in full-auto.  The "butt" rests on your forearm, and the pistol/barrel portion can twist left or right independently of the rear portion with the magazine sticking out. 

There was even a rifle version of this made - I don't know why, it was never much of a success.  The parts for the rifle and arm-pistol are interchangeable.