Does Anyone Know Where Amy Barrett Stands On 2nd Amendment?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the law can take one particular weapon legally owned by the law abiding, it can take other weapons ( sooner or later ). Creeping gradualism. Remember, it's not AR-15, it's assault "TYPE" rifles; an

Kid, let the adults talk. You pipe down!

Kind of like where you stand after your old lady tells you where to stand?

28 minutes ago, Skans said:

I don't know if Barrett will be Trump's pick or not, but does anyone know where she stands on 2nd Amendment issues. 

She opined that convicted NON-violent felons should, on completion of sentence, get back their gun rights. 

13 minutes ago, theLion said:

She opined that convicted NON-violent felons should, on completion of sentence, get back their gun rights. 

Hmmm, that doesn't say a lot.  Will she stand up for gun owners being permitted to own AR-15's and large capacity magazines?

2 minutes ago, Skans said:

Hmmm, that doesn't say a lot.  Will she stand up for gun owners being permitted to own AR-15's and large capacity magazines?

If the law can take one particular weapon legally owned by the law abiding, it can take other weapons ( sooner or later ). Creeping gradualism. Remember, it's not AR-15, it's assault "TYPE" rifles; and that's open to broad brush interpretation.

• Thumb up 1
11 minutes ago, Skans said:

If she thinks felons should get their gun rights back.  I can't see how she  would have  a problem with America's Rifle and proper  mags 

11 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

If the law can take one particular weapon legally owned by the law abiding, it can take other weapons ( sooner or later ). Creeping gradualism. Remember, it's not AR-15, it's assault "TYPE" rifles; and that's open to broad brush interpretation.

Yes, I am aware.  But, I also know that beltway females, conservative judge or not, typically have no clue about AR-15's let alone any other "assault type rifles".

10 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

If she thinks felons should get their gun rights back.  I can't see how she  would have  a problem with America's Rifle and proper  mags 

If you're comfortable with a particular rifle, it's effortless to switch low capacity ( 8 - 10 round ) magazines. It's actually more important to be focused when shooting. I never went for that firehose shit. My deer rifle is a single shot 30 - 06 New England. 

th?id=OIP.Y1HteTCe4rv6dbek7G485AHaD4&w=100&h=100&c=1&pid=5.1

This New England Firearms Co. Handi Rifle is a break-action single-shot rifle chambered in 30-06. A 22-inch barrel is topped with a Bushnell 3-9x40 illuminated reticle scope. The blued steel of the...

• Brand: New England Firearms Co.
2 minutes ago, Skans said:

Yes, I am aware.  But, I also know that beltway females, conservative judge or not, typically have no clue about AR-15's let alone any other "assault type rifles".

CORRECT!

That is ONE REASON Mirabeau hopes Trump will consider one of the several very, very qualified men who would be an excellent choice.

Ted Cruz, of course, should be the first choice, but he has indicated he wants to stay in the Senate.

Tom Cotton or Mike Lee would be EXCELLENT choices.

1 minute ago, Mirabeau said:

CORRECT!

That is ONE REASON Mirabeau hopes Trump will consider one of the several very, very qualified men who would be an excellent choice.

Ted Cruz, of course, should be the first choice, but he has indicated he wants to stay in the Senate.

Tom Cotton or Mike Lee would be EXCELLENT choices.

Don't be pick'n off our Cotton and stuff'n him in some Judge-hole.  We need these folks where they are, kick'n ass 'n taking names!  Personally, I'd be recruiting judges from the NRA Board. They can stop taking my NRA money and get to work judging!!!

26 minutes ago, Skans said:

Forget AR 15s, where does she stand on the right to bear personal thermo-nuclear weapons?

Those are "arms." Why be so squishy?

Bill 

4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Forget AR 15s, where does she stand on the right to bear personal thermo-nuclear weapons?

Bill 

The paperwork would be excessive. Stop talking through your ass. We all know exactly what liberals want, disarm law abiding citizens.

9 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Bill 

^^^^^ Another Democrat Gun Hater - wants Joe Biden and Friends to destroy your right to own firearms.  Thanks, SpyCar - shinning light on the cockroaches who seek to infest our freedom is what I am good at.

32 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

If you're comfortable with a particular rifle, it's effortless to switch low capacity ( 8 - 10 round ) magazines.

I think if you  ask and  operators  if they  use  10 round  mags  vs 20 or 20   they will tell you  they don't like  10.  

They  always want to be  topped off and  ready to rock 

Do you know what a tactical reload is?

3 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I think if you  ask and  operators  if they  use  10 round  mags  vs 20 or 20   they will tell you  they don't like  10.  

They  always want to be  topped off and  ready to rock 

Do you know what a tactical reload is?

Reloading before you have emptied the magazine 

I know what this is: 

KCI Ruger Mini-14 .223/5.56 100-Round Dual Drum Magazine

Image result for KCI Ruger Mini-14 .223/5.56 100-Round Dual Drum Magazine
This is a Mini-14 .223 Rem/5.56x45mm 100-drum magazine from KCI. KCI’s drum magazines are the last word in capacity and the first word in value—providing a unique shooting experience at a price that’s practically imposs…
4 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

I know what this is: 

KCI Ruger Mini-14 .223/5.56 100-Round Dual Drum Magazine

I have a  Mini 14, a great small beast.     I think that 100 round  mag would take away  from  its  maneuverability 

1 hour ago, AnotherJim said:

Henry lever-action rifles are assault weapons under their logic, because the fixed tube holds more than ten .22 rounds.

42 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I have a  Mini 14, a great small beast.     I think that 100 round  mag would take away  from  its  maneuverability 

It does not lend itself to ,maneuverability. At the range I use 5 round magazines - sandbag. Occasionally just single shot. But if you do need that firehose.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

^^^^^ Another Democrat Gun Hater - wants Joe Biden and Friends to destroy your right to own firearms.  Thanks, SpyCar - shinning light on the cockroaches who seek to infest our freedom is what I am good at.

You all a wimps. Why not Howitzers? Tanks? Nukes?

An AR15 is a pea-shooter. Be a real man. LOL.

Bill

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

Harder to maneuver when you unleash it on crowds, but think how many Americans you can kill with one magazine.

You fuckers are real sickos.

Bill

1 minute ago, SpyCar said:

You all a wimps. Why not Howitzers? Tanks? Nukes?

An AR15 is a pea-shooter. Be a real man. LOL.

Bill

Nuclear bombs are not "arms".  However, it is legal to own Howitzers and Tanks.  Come on, Bill, bone up on your rights as an American.  Howitzers come up for sale every now and again at RIA.