Amy Barrett Says Catholic Faith Would Have No Bearing On Her Decisions As A Judge

Trump is 'saving' a seat on the Supreme Court for conservative Amy Barrett  | Daily Mail Online

The bitch is lying already. NO ONE on the left or the right believes that load of crap. She is being hired to destroy a woman's right to choose. Period. Catholics are staunchly opposed to abortion. Hell, they even frown on contraception, the filthy mutts. Who knows how many died in Africa from AIDS due to the Catholics. Plus, this religious puppet clerked for Scalia who was a disaster. I was happy to see him die.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amy-barrett-says-catholic-faith-would-have-no-bearing-on-her-decisions-as-a-judge/vi-BB19jMIv?ocid=msedgdhp

(Full article and video above)

U.S. Circuit Court Judge Amy Coney Barrett, a socially conservative Catholic, has been mentioned since late 2017 as a potential Supreme Court pick, most recently as a replacement for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, should she retire. During her confirmation hearings, Barrett insisted that while she was a devout Catholic, her religious beliefs would not have any bearing on her decisions as SCOTUS judge.

How Charismatic Catholic Groups Like Amy Coney Barrett's People of Praise  Inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'

This is what it probably felt like for Iranians when the Ayatollah Khomeini took the country backwards. At least American women have guns and will fight back. Look for bloodshed when you touch Roe. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She hasn't even been nominated and you're projecting....knock that shit off, you shill...

Apparently he’s pre-sniveling.

________________________________________________________________________________________________ RBG WAS the BIGGEST KILLER AROUND...BUT THAT WAS OK WITH drjoke.   ultraliberals and (code

46 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Trump is 'saving' a seat on the Supreme Court for conservative Amy Barrett  | Daily Mail Online

The bitch is lying already. NO ONE on the left or the right believes that load of crap. She is being hired to destroy a woman's right to choose. Period. Catholics are staunchly opposed to abortion. Hell, they even frown on contraception, the filthy mutts. Who knows how many died in Africa from AIDS due to the Catholics. Plus, this religious puppet clerked for Scalia who was a disaster. I was happy to see him die.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amy-barrett-says-catholic-faith-would-have-no-bearing-on-her-decisions-as-a-judge/vi-BB19jMIv?ocid=msedgdhp

(Full article and video above)

U.S. Circuit Court Judge Amy Coney Barrett, a socially conservative Catholic, has been mentioned since late 2017 as a potential Supreme Court pick, most recently as a replacement for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, should she retire. During her confirmation hearings, Barrett insisted that while she was a devout Catholic, her religious beliefs would not have any bearing on her decisions as SCOTUS judge.

How Charismatic Catholic Groups Like Amy Coney Barrett's People of Praise  Inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'

This is what it probably felt like for Iranians when the Ayatollah Khomeini took the country backwards. At least American women have guns and will fight back. Look for bloodshed when you touch Roe. 

there's already bloodshed because of Roe, you just don't see it.

59 minutes ago, drvoke said:

She is being hired to destroy a woman's right to choose.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

RBG WAS the BIGGEST KILLER AROUND...BUT THAT WAS OK WITH drjoke.

ultraliberals and (codeword) Democrats don't care about facts...only the agenda matters to them.

And it's safe to say without fear of contradiction  ultraliberals / (codeword) Democrats are delusional, detached and in denial.

• Thumb up 1
1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Who knows how many died in Africa from AIDS due to the Catholics. Plus, this religious puppet clerked for Scalia who was a disaster. I was happy to see him die.

Scalia was a  Constitutionalist, as all  SCOTUS judges should be.    You're kind of an a hole

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Plus, this religious puppet clerked for Scalia who was a disaster. I was happy to see him die.

Sweet merciful crap!  You were "happy to see him die"?  What the flying FUCK is the matter with you???  There have been people in the public arena I detested, but I have NEVER wished death on ANYONE.    

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

At least American women have guns and will fight back. Look for bloodshed when you touch Roe. 

You are a fucking idiot.  The American women who have guns tend to be politically conservative and pro-Life... as well as PRO-GUN.  

You cocksucking assholes who have hijacked the Democratic Party and turned it from a once great party into the laughingstock it is today disgust me to my core.

Well, Voke, congratulations.  The odds of bloodshed are pretty damn good right now; the American people can't even talk to each other anymore, and it's people like YOU who have created that situation.  When the bloodshed comes, I hope you get your proper and rightful comeuppance in the conflagration you will have helped create.

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

Scalia was a  Constitutionalist, as all  SCOTUS judges should be.    You're kind of an a hole

Voke isn't "kind of an a hole"; he's a world-class ASSHOLE.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

That's an ironic statement if I have EVER heard one.

That's an understatement.   They are willing to kill if they're right to kill is taken away?   Paints a pretty clear picture of the situation, doesn't it.   

People are fvcked up.    

3 hours ago, Butthead said:

They are willing to kill if they're right to kill is taken away?

LOL 

more proof, that The Dem Party needs to be banned from operating in the USA.

7 hours ago, ROG62 said:

She hasn't even been nominated and you're projecting....knock that shit off, you shill...

Trump will nominate her.

7 hours ago, solarcell said:

there's already bloodshed because of Roe, you just don't see it.

That's right, we did have a couple of nutjobs kill doctors. I stand corrected.

6 hours ago, Old Mack said:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

RBG WAS the BIGGEST KILLER AROUND...BUT THAT WAS OK WITH drjoke.

ultraliberals and (codeword) Democrats don't care about facts...only the agenda matters to them.

And it's safe to say without fear of contradiction  ultraliberals / (codeword) Democrats are delusional, detached and in denial.

RBG was a hero to many, and an icon to the women's rights movement. She saved many women from a life of drudgery by allowing them the freedom to choose.

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

RBG was a hero to many, and an icon to the women's rights movement. She saved many women from a life of drudgery by allowing them the freedom to choose.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

You're a hack !

22857659409f61805515270e762dda50.jpg

• Thumb up 1

Newsweek attacks potential Trump SCOTUS nominee for her Christian faith, has to issue a major correction.

...So media outlets have begun digging into her background, many of them with the intent of finding unfavorable information about the woman who could become President Donald Trump's third Supreme Court appointment of his first term. Barrett's Catholic faith has been a primary focus.

Newsweek published an article that claimed in the headline that a Catholic group Barrett is a member of was the inspiration for "The Handmaid's Tale," a novel by Margaret Atwood that was recently made into a television show. This is not true, and Newsweek had to issue a correction.

"Correction: This article's headline originally stated that People of Praise inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The book's author, Margaret Atwood, has never specifically mentioned the group as being the inspiration for her work," the correction read. "A New Yorker profile of the author from 2017 mentions a newspaper clipping as part of her research for the book of a different charismatic Catholic group, People of Hope. Newsweek regrets the error."

"The Handmaid's Tale" is described on IMDb as follows: "A religion based autocracy has taken over most of the United States, renaming the country Gilead. In this country women are second-class citizens. Anyone trying to escape is punished."

The article described some of the aspects of People of Praise, such as opposition to premarital or extramarital sex, opposition to abortion, and opposition to homosexuality and quoted a professor who questioned whether Barrett would be able to make individual decisions as a member of such a group.

Nevertheless, concerns have been raised that Barrett's ties to the group as would influence her decisions on the Supreme Court....

6 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

I do.

I was raised Catholic.    

The  leftists  are not  that smart.

If you believe it, you are a simpleton.

6 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Scalia was a Catholic ideologue and a right-wing pos. He was also on a hunting trip. Catholics are delusional numbskulls and hunters have fun killing. Fuck Scalia.  I remember it made my day when he died. I bet they had a time getting his bloated carcass out of the hunting lodge.

You have no idea how much of an asshole I can be if I put any effort into it.

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

Sweet merciful crap!  You were "happy to see him die"?  What the flying FUCK is the matter with you???  There have been people in the public arena I detested, but I have NEVER wished death on ANYONE.    

Bless your bleeding little heart.

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

You are a fucking idiot.  The American women who have guns tend to be politically conservative and pro-Life... as well as PRO-GUN.  

You cocksucking assholes who have hijacked the Democratic Party and turned it from a once great party into the laughingstock it is today disgust me to my core.

Well, Voke, congratulations.  The odds of bloodshed are pretty damn good right now; the American people can't even talk to each other anymore, and it's people like YOU who have created that situation.  When the bloodshed comes, I hope you get your proper and rightful comeuppance in the conflagration you will have helped create.

I have little to do with the current crop of Dems. Identity politics is infantile. What has caused the rift in our discourse is we are learning more about each other, because of the internet, and we have discovered the cultural divide. And what also plays into that is a broken as fuck MSM that quantifies and caters to our baser instinct because hate is addictive. This is also due to AI editors that select articles that get the most clicks. This is why race, politics, and personality are what is considered news.

The conflagration isn't coming. Chill out.

19 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Trump will nominate her.

That's right, we did have a couple of nutjobs kill doctors. I stand corrected.

Before being nominated, RBG was Chief Legal Counsel for the ACLU......that should tell you all you want to know about the communist.

6 hours ago, rippy38 said:

That's an ironic statement if I have EVER heard one.

I considered tacking on a joke about that, but reconsidered. It was beyond the pale, even for me.

10 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Newsweek attacks potential Trump SCOTUS nominee for her Christian faith, has to issue a major correction.

...So media outlets have begun digging into her background, many of them with the intent of finding unfavorable information about the woman who could become President Donald Trump's third Supreme Court appointment of his first term. Barrett's Catholic faith has been a primary focus.

Newsweek published an article that claimed in the headline that a Catholic group Barrett is a member of was the inspiration for "The Handmaid's Tale," a novel by Margaret Atwood that was recently made into a television show. This is not true, and Newsweek had to issue a correction.

"Correction: This article's headline originally stated that People of Praise inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The book's author, Margaret Atwood, has never specifically mentioned the group as being the inspiration for her work," the correction read. "A New Yorker profile of the author from 2017 mentions a newspaper clipping as part of her research for the book of a different charismatic Catholic group, People of Hope. Newsweek regrets the error."

"The Handmaid's Tale" is described on IMDb as follows: "A religion based autocracy has taken over most of the United States, renaming the country Gilead. In this country women are second-class citizens. Anyone trying to escape is punished."

The article described some of the aspects of People of Praise, such as opposition to premarital or extramarital sex, opposition to abortion, and opposition to homosexuality and quoted a professor who questioned whether Barrett would be able to make individual decisions as a member of such a group.

Nevertheless, concerns have been raised that Barrett's ties to the group as would influence her decisions on the Supreme Court....

Newsweek was too specific, that's all. They should have made a sweeping statement of condemnation.

I have the Atwood novel, but I never got around to reading it. It was a good movie starring Robert Duval and Natasha Richardson. I need to make some time for the mini-series; it has been universally praised.

I've heard interviews with Atwood. She is a seriously smart individual.

10 minutes ago, RebelGator said:

Before being nominated, RBG was Chief Legal Counsel for the ACLU......that should tell you all you want to know about the communist.

Are you referring to the organization that saved Rush Limbaugh's drug-addled fat ass?