Sounds like Lagoa might be the nominee for USSC .....

She is a Cuban America from Florida - so Trump thinks it will help his vote in Florida.

Barrett is from Indiana - a definite already RED state.  There is a third likely pick

whose name I cannot recall..... anybody? 

24 minutes ago, Scout said:

She is a Cuban America from Florida - so Trump thinks it will help his vote in Florida.

Barrett is from Indiana - a definite already RED state.  There is a third likely pick

Folks, it is a total coincidence that out of thousands of judges, Trump’s two top choices inc Lagoa, who is currently deciding the fate of his favorite guy, Jason Miller’s, Get Rich Quick Scheme. Totally just a coincidence and not corruption:
Quote Tweet

c0ghM_C9_normal.jpg

A.J. Delgado

@AJDelgado13
· Sep 19
Replying to @lawrencehurley and @nycsouthpaw
Lagoa is currently deciding the fate of Trump Campaign chief and Trump-whisperer Jason Miller’s $100M-lawsuit-against-Gizmodo. As such, I said a week ago Miller would ensure she’d end up on the short list & here she is. This is outrageous. Must recuse herself imm.

9 minutes ago, calguy said:
Folks, it is a total coincidence that out of thousands of judges, Trump’s two top choices inc Lagoa, who is currently deciding the fate of his favorite guy, Jason Miller’s, Get Rich Quick Scheme. Totally just a coincidence and not corruption:
Quote Tweet

c0ghM_C9_normal.jpg

A.J. Delgado

@AJDelgado13
· Sep 19
Lagoa is currently deciding the fate of Trump Campaign chief and Trump-whisperer Jason Miller’s $100M-lawsuit-against-Gizmodo. As such, I said a week ago Miller would ensure she’d end up on the short list & here she is. This is outrageous. Must recuse herself imm.

Oh, my......very interesting.  

44 minutes ago, calguy said:
Quote Tweet

c0ghM_C9_normal.jpg

A.J. Delgado

@AJDelgado13
· Sep 19

Never heard of him 

1 hour ago, calguy said:

1ivkc5.jpg

21 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Jason Miller 

`If you have to ask who he is you are admitting that you really are quite politically illiterate and don't have a clue to what's going on. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

That would be smart.

Being a woman, you cannot Kavanaugh her at the 11th hour with a “oh oh, I forgot too mention I was sexually assaulted decades ago” accuser.

Opposing her means we can do the liberal race card thing and claim racism and sexism is behind any negative attacks on her.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Deadric said:

That would be smart.

Being a woman, you cannot Kavanaugh her at the 11th hour with a “oh oh, I forgot too mention I was sexually assaulted decades ago” accuser.

Opposing her means we can do the liberal race card thing and claim racism and sexism is behind any negative attacks on her.

All we have to do is point out her opposition to women's reproductive rights. 

2 minutes ago, Scout said:

Yes, please do.  Women who are not, selfish, and therefore refuse to murder innocent fetuses do need to be reminded of why Lagoa is a great choice

1 hour ago, BatteryPowered said:

She was confirmed by a bipartisan vote to the 11th circuit in 2019...so she has recently been vetted.  That helps keep the process moving quickly as very little will need to be done.

And she's only 52...would likely serve a long time.

Are you talking about Lagoa?  

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

Then you should have at your disposal a ruling by Lagoa on reproductive rights.  I have used multiple search engines and found none.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

Then you should have at your disposal a ruling by Lagoa on reproductive rights.  I have used multiple search engines and found none.

It is surmised by other things than just rulings..... 

2 hours ago, Scout said:

Politically speaking, Lagoa is a really good nominee for the most part.    Barrett being Catholic does kind of diminish her effectiness when it comes to protecting her from criticism and I'm not sure she helps his approval with suburban white women.   Trump's "sexism" is already baked into the cake and I doubt he can overcome that with just a simple SCOTUS nomination.   He might be able to move the meter with a minority female candidate enough to make a difference 

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

Politically speaking, Lagoa is a really good nominee for the most part.    Barrett being Catholic does kind of diminish her effectiness when it comes to protecting her from criticism and I'm not sure she helps his approval with suburban white women.   Trump's "sexism" is already baked into the cake and I doubt he can overcome that with just a simple SCOTUS nomination.   He might be able to move the meter with a minority female candidate enough to make a difference 

Mostly agreed.  His greatest mileage for it is probably the Florida pick - perhaps helping the vote count

in one important swing state.  

5 minutes ago, Scout said:

Mostly agreed.  His greatest mileage for it is probably the Florida pick - perhaps helping the vote count

in one important swing state.  

Honestly, I dont think Trump needs any help winning Florida but it would likely solidify it.   I could see this pick giving him a bump in states like New Mexico and Nevada (yes, I know those are hispanic, not Latino populations) and even create issues for Biden in NYC that he would have trouble addressing if he spoke out against the nominee.   I'm sure that part of the calculation here is forcing Biden to redirect resources away from Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.   Politics at its best (worst).  

2 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I'm sure that part of the calculation here is forcing Biden to redirect resources away from Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.   Politics at its best (worst).  

That will certainly play a part...just life in the world of politics.

The Ginny Hens death...and replacement fight...is also pushing the Wuhan "Kung Flu" Virus off center stage and has the potential to be a HUGE boost to republican voter turnout.