New York Gov. Cuomo says Ginsburg statue to be erected in Brooklyn

Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Be Honored with a Statue in Her Brooklyn Hometown,  Says Gov. Andrew Cuomo | News Break

My Most Fervent Wish Is That I Will Not Be Replaced Until a New President Is Installed.’

We must fight to insure her last wish.

RBG meant a great deal to those marginalized voices trying to be heard. She amplified their message, their aspirations, and their dreams, and fought to make them a reality. She will not be forgotten.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-gov-cuomo-says-ginsburg-statue-to-be-erected-in-brooklyn/ar-BB19dlt7?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

New York will erect a statue honoring the legacy of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg in her native Brooklyn, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Saturday.

“Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg selflessly pursued truth and justice in a world of division, giving voice to the voiceless and uplifting those who were pushed aside by forces of hate and indifference,” Cuomo said in a statement.

Ginsburg, a highly respected jurist and champion of women's rights, died Friday from complications of pancreatic cancer. She was 87.

“As a lawyer, jurist, and professor, she redefined gender equity and civil rights and ensured America lived up to her founding ideals -- she was a monumental figure of equality, and we can all agree that she deserves a monument in her honor," Cuomo said.

The governor said he will appoint a commission "in the coming days" to come up with ideas for the design and location of the memorial.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted "I couldn't agree more," after Cuomo's announcement.  "Her memory will live on. I promise you that."

Ginsburg was born in Brooklyn in March 1933 and grew up in Flatbush. She was raised in a Jewish household with parents of Ukrainian and Austrian descent. She is survived by her children, Jane Carol and James Steven Ginsburg.

Appointed to the Supreme Court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton, Ginsburg was known for her soft-spoken demeanor that masked a fierce, analytical mind.

Flowers, homemade signs blanket Supreme Court grounds in tribute to Ginsburg  | KTLA

The outpouring of affection for RBG confirms her place as an American hero.

1 hour ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I find that offensive. Guess that means I can go topple it, after all - the left has set that precedent.

YUp, tear it down or keep it adorned with piles of pig shit

11 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I find that offensive. Guess that means I can go topple it, after all - the left has set that precedent.

Absolutely! We're all into tearing down statues these days and that's one statue that will have to go!

12 hours ago, drvoke said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Be Honored with a Statue in Her Brooklyn Hometown,  Says Gov. Andrew Cuomo | News Break

My Most Fervent Wish Is That I Will Not Be Replaced Until a New President Is Installed.’

We must fight to insure her last wish.

RBG meant a great deal to those marginalized voices trying to be heard. She amplified their message, their aspirations, and their dreams, and fought to make them a reality. She will not be forgotten.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-gov-cuomo-says-ginsburg-statue-to-be-erected-in-brooklyn/ar-BB19dlt7?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

New York will erect a statue honoring the legacy of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg in her native Brooklyn, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Saturday.

“Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg selflessly pursued truth and justice in a world of division, giving voice to the voiceless and uplifting those who were pushed aside by forces of hate and indifference,” Cuomo said in a statement.

Ginsburg, a highly respected jurist and champion of women's rights, died Friday from complications of pancreatic cancer. She was 87.

“As a lawyer, jurist, and professor, she redefined gender equity and civil rights and ensured America lived up to her founding ideals -- she was a monumental figure of equality, and we can all agree that she deserves a monument in her honor," Cuomo said.

The governor said he will appoint a commission "in the coming days" to come up with ideas for the design and location of the memorial.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted "I couldn't agree more," after Cuomo's announcement.  "Her memory will live on. I promise you that."

Ginsburg was born in Brooklyn in March 1933 and grew up in Flatbush. She was raised in a Jewish household with parents of Ukrainian and Austrian descent. She is survived by her children, Jane Carol and James Steven Ginsburg.

Appointed to the Supreme Court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton, Ginsburg was known for her soft-spoken demeanor that masked a fierce, analytical mind.

Flowers, homemade signs blanket Supreme Court grounds in tribute to Ginsburg  | KTLA

The outpouring of affection for RBG confirms her place as an American hero.

That statue will be torn down by BLM.

Ruth Bader was a white, Jewish woman.

BLM hates whites and Jews.

The Dem Party backs the racist BLM.

This is why everyone should vote GOP.

4 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Yep.

She used her WHITE AND JEWISH PRIVILEGE to get what she wanted.

Time to tear it down before it EVER goes up.

Signed,

BLM/ANTIFA

• Thumb up 1

9-20-2020

Advocate for Partial Birth Abortion Dies, NY governor who kills old people wants a statue, they should have been removed from office via 14th amendment section 3 in order to stop the removal of life and liberty.  Democrats simply kill-degrade all USA citizens that they can, then replace with angry feudal orientated foreigners who will never be taught anything about USA law..

Amazing how eulogies miss anything & everything negative when someone buys. it. Some of most vile leaders in history end up being portrayed as saints. Go figure. I'm OK with a statue; it will keep those diseased pigeons ( flying rats ) away.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

BLM is against neither White people nor Jews. You are surprisingly ignorant.

13 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

BLM is against neither White people nor Jews. You are surprisingly ignorant.

The KKK fights for white-power.

The BLM fights for black-power.

Same breed of dog. 

Just difference colors.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all just dropped our tribalism and followed the Words of Jesus?

"Do unto others......as you would have them do unto you".

Jesus.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Same breed of dog. 

Just difference colors.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all just dropped our tribalism and followed the Words of Jesus?

Jesus.

You are  the one that is always advocating tribalism.

The KKK is White Supremacist.

BLM wants for Black people to be treated the way White people are treated.

Did Jesus treat the moneychangers the way he wished them to treat him?

5 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Same breed of dog. 

Just difference colors.

Jesus.

Unfortunately we've been killing each other since our ancestors left the trees & began walking on two legs; and when the smoke clears, nothing is gained. Well, maybe the population is reduced for a while. 

• Thumb up 1
6 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Even Jesus had His limits. Myself, I'm just a mortal man; but if I'm left to my own devices, it's unlikely I'll bust someone's head. Like this; leave me be & I will not wail you with a rock or a large stick. Sort of common sense. 

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

If my enemy pursues tribalism, then I am forced to defend my tribe.....w/ tribalism.

For the last 60yrs. the White Tribe has tried hard, damned hard, to lay down

tribalism and evolve past all racism.     Latinos, Asians, Indians, Jews, GOP-blacks,

and most all other races are blending in to peaceful America.

But the Dem-Black Tribe refuses to assimilate into American culture.  They fight

for black-power, hate on the whites, and pursue black supremacy.

Ohhhh.....the money-changers were wicked and full of iniquity.

Jesus ran them out like a good strong police officer.

"Up with Jesus......and down with the world".                                               😇

7 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

Unfortunately we've been killing each other since our ancestors left the trees & began walking on two legs; and when the smoke clears, nothing is gained. Well, maybe the population is reduced for a while. 

Men(and women) have been fighting for their own tribe sense the dawn of time.

It is the nature of the beast.     But as time goes by, and without being threatened, I think we

all can evolve past tribalism and move smoothly into the valley of spiritual goodness,

Light, and brotherly love.   

Let's call it evolution.                                                                                                  😇

The whole moneychanger affair was due to Hebrew tradition. To engage the services of a Rabbi, one needed to supply an animal to be sacrificed. To purchase a suitable  animal, it had to be purchased from the vendors at the Temple; and of course, it  could not be purchased with  Roman money, which had he image of a Roman God-Emperor on it, so Jewish minted coins had to be used, and they were increasingly more scarce and therefore expensive.

Jesus was actually attacking the Law of Supply and Demand.

The first thing the Jews did when Shimon Bar-Kokhba drove the Romans out of Palisreal was to mint Jewish money.

https://www.etsy.com/market/bar_kochba_coin  The law of supply is still in force, as we see.

Nowadays, even orthodox Jews do not need to buy sacrificial livestock to the Rabbis.  Jews no longer have priests as they once did. There is a provision for a high priest, but there is no high priest because there is no Temple. There is no Temple because the only place to rebuild it is occupied by Muslims.

10 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Men(and women) have been fighting for their own tribe sense the dawn of time.

It is the nature of the beast.     But as time goes by, and without being threatened, I think we

all can evolve past tribalism and move smoothly into the valley of spiritual goodness,

Light, and brotherly love.   

Let's call it evolution.                                                                                                  😇

There is no doubt in my mind that most of the population want nothing more than quiet uneventful lives. It's the rabble rousers, the power hungry, the greedy, that stir up the  trouble. All that results is human misery. And power and greed know no politics. Just the nature of ( in the scheme of things ) a small minority.

• Thumb up 1
21 minutes ago, Taipan said:

If my enemy pursues tribalism, then I am forced to defend my tribe.....w/ tribalism.

For the last 60yrs. the White Tribe has tried hard, damned hard, to lay down

tribalism and evolve past all racism.     Latinos, Asians, Indians, Jews, GOP-blacks,

and most all other races are blending in to peaceful America.

But the Dem-Black Tribe refuses to assimilate into American culture.  They fight

for black-power, hate on the whites, and pursue black supremacy.

Ohhhh.....the money-changers were wicked and full of iniquity.

Jesus ran them out like a good strong police officer.

"Up with Jesus......and down with the world".                                               😇

It's not like Jesus ran away the money-changers away, they were almost certainly back changing denari for shakels. Jesus' reforms of Judaism were sparse and rather short-lived.

Note that the Bar-Kokhba Revolt (which you can google) in which the Jews drove the Romans out of Palisrael is never mentioned in any Christian Church and unknown to most Christians. Shimon Bar-Kokhba actually did everything that the predicted Messiah was supposed to do except (a) he was defeated by the Romans, who came back in force and vanquished him,and (b) he was not named Emmanuel. A second King David that would bring independence to the Jews was what the Messiah is defined as being. In Hebrew tradition, there is God and pnly God, who has no son nor any Holy Spirit.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

It's not like Jesus ran away the money-changers away, they were almost certainly back changing denari for shakels. Jesus' reforms of Judaism were sparse and rather short-lived.

Note that the Bar-Kokhba Revolt (which you can google) in which the Jews drove the Romans out of Palisrael is never mentioned in any Christian Church and unknown to most Christians. Shimon Bar-Kokhba actually did everything that the predicted Messiah was supposed to do except (a) he was defeated by the Romans, who came back in force and vanquished him,and (b) he was not named Emmanuel. A second King David that would bring independence to the Jews was what the Messiah is defined as being. In Hebrew tradition, there is God and only God, who has no son nor any Holy Spirit.

Black people cannot assimilate into American society as did the Irish, because of their pigmentation. 

17 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Note that the Bar-Kokhba Revolt (which you can google) in which the Jews drove the Romans out of Palisrael is never mentioned in any Christian Church and unknown to most Christians. Shimon Bar-Kokhba actually did everything that the predicted Messiah was supposed to do except (a) he was defeated by the Romans, who came back in force and vanquished him,and (b) he was not named Emmanuel. A second King David that would bring independence to the Jews was what the Messiah is defined as being. In Hebrew tradition, there is God and pnly God, who has no son nor any Holy Spirit.

Isn't it true that you are more agnostic.....

as opposed to being full blown atheist ?