Jump to content

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, My Thoughts.....


Recommended Posts

I actually find my self feeling a bit of sorrow at Justice Ginsberg's death.  While I disagreed with her politics and with her positions on certain key social issues, I had a certain degree of respect for her.  She was no doubt intelligent and after reading accounts of how she and Justice Scalia (someone I admire) were "best buddies", I started to see Ginsburg in a different light. 

 

She was staunch and steadfast in her beliefs, beliefs which I do not share, but she must have had some genuine goodness in her if Scalia enjoyed her company.   I think Justice Scalia would look down on us from heaven and shed a tear of sorrow if he heard his fellow conservatives say nasty things about Justice Ginsberg upon her passing.  So, I will refrain from making this an opportunity to deride Justice Ginsberg or her Supreme Court decisions and instead say "God bless her and be with her family, and even forgive her for her stance against the Unborn." 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skans said:

I actually find my self feeling a bit of sorrow at Justice Ginsberg's death.  While I disagreed with her politics and with her positions on certain key social issues, I had a certain degree of respect for her.  She was no doubt intelligent and after reading accounts of how she and Justice Scalia (someone I admire) were "best buddies", I started to see Ginsburg in a different light. 

 

She was staunch and steadfast in her beliefs, beliefs which I do not share, but she must have had some genuine goodness in her if Scalia enjoyed her company.   I think Justice Scalia would look down on us from heaven and shed a tear of sorrow if he heard his fellow conservatives say nasty things about Justice Ginsberg upon her passing.  So, I will refrain from making this an opportunity to deride Justice Ginsberg or her Supreme Court decisions and instead say "God bless her and be with her family, and even forgive her for her stance against the Unborn." 

 

Here we go: 207 Members of Congress Just Asked The Supreme Court to  Revisit/Overturn Roe v. Wade!

 

She is already in Hell.. She had a trial at the Pearly Gates... Millions of aborted fetus stepped forward...

Pass go, pass board walk, past Trump Tower. Straight to hell.

 

Abortion Guilt Relief - RiseUp OutreachWill I meet my aborted child in Heaven? | Successful relationships, Heaven,  Children

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

 

Here we go: 207 Members of Congress Just Asked The Supreme Court to  Revisit/Overturn Roe v. Wade!

 

She is already in Hell.. She had a trial at the Pearly Gates... Millions of aborted fetus stepped forward...

Pass go, pass board walk, past Trump Tower. Straight to hell.

 

Abortion Guilt Relief - RiseUp OutreachWill I meet my aborted child in Heaven? | Successful relationships, Heaven,  Children

 Too bad there is no heaven or hell.

 Just rot.

 Those aborted parasites make the base for good fertilizer though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

 Too bad there is no heaven or hell.

 Just rot.

 Those aborted parasites make the base for good fertilizer though.

 

You better pray that there ain't no Hell.

Because if those Bible stories are true.............then you are

in a whoooooole lot of trouble there, Bubba!!                                               😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

 

You better pray that there ain't no Hell.

Because if those Bible stories are true.............then you are

in a whoooooole lot of trouble there, Bubba!!                                               😇

I don't pray.

There is nobody to pray to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I think that it would be of great benefit if you had a lot of aborted fetus souls to tell all about what they missed by not being born. It sure as hell would be better than spending all your time in the Choir Celestial singing to God about how great he is. That sounds like something that would tend to get tedious after the first century or so. You ought to consider the possibility that having a lot of innocent souls to talk to might be a major part of God's Plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Taipan said:

 

You better pray that there ain't no Hell.

Because if those Bible stories are true.............then you are

in a whoooooole lot of trouble there, Bubba!!                                               😇

It depends on the Bible story in question.

Like most believers, it seems that you have not actually READ and UNDERSTOOD everything that the Bible tells us.

It is confusing and rather strange even in the best translations.

It may be the best selling book, but it is certainly not the most widely read book, Some passages are read many times, others, practically never.

I suggest a traditional Bible Concordance and the ones written by Isaac Asimov. There is one for each Testament.

The usual error of Bible Study is that it starts with the assumption that all the Bible makes sense and is true  and somehow logical, which it is decidedly NOT. Then all sorts of verbal contortions are given to say that this or that word does not really mean what we have always understood it to mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XavierOnassis said:

It depends on the Bible story in question.

Like most believers, it seems that you have not actually READ and UNDERSTOOD everything that the Bible tells us.

It is confusing and rather strange even in the best translations.

It may be the best selling book, but it is certainly not the most widely read book, Some passages are read many times, others, practically never.

I suggest a traditional Bible Concordance and the ones written by Isaac Asimov. There is one for each Testament.

The usual error of Bible Study is that it starts with the assumption that all the Bible makes sense and is true  and somehow logical, which it is decidedly NOT. Then all sorts of verbal contortions are given to say that this or that word does not really mean what we have always understood it to mean.

 

The Bible disagrees on what actually happens to sinners.

In one place it states, "The wages of sin are DEATH."  You sin, you die. Simple.

In other places it suggests that you will be tortured eternally for refusing to  acknowledge the existence of an invisible, mute, tasteless, odorless and intangible Being that knows all, sees all and is everywhere at once who nevertheless wants us to build huge structures to worship Him in. NOT simple.

Obviously, you are confused. You still do not know whether there is a Hell, although you do seem to know what it is like.  This is normal, as the Christian religion is confusing and self contradicting. Islam is even worse. Read the Koran and you will see what I mean.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, tunafish said:

 

 

She is already in Hell.. She had a trial at the Pearly Gates... Millions of aborted fetus stepped forward...

Pass go, pass board walk, past Trump Tower. Straight to hell.

 

 

Well, one thing I know for certain is that I am not the one to stand in judgement of Ginsburg after she has died.  Nor am I one to demand that God condemn someone to Hell.  That will be between her and God.  As far as I know, Ginsburg never wrote a decision which furthered abortion, although she made it clear in at least one dissenting opinion where she stood on the matter.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skans said:
32 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

There is order in the universe & everyone has faith; even atheists.

No. There is only enough order in the matter that makes up the Universe as is necessary to keep bits of it from flying off in every possible directions.

Atheists have fear, not faith. 

Oh nonsense!

There are Atheists that are not afraid of death, there are believers who fear what might come.

 

What is exceedingly rare are people whose faith was always justified. They believed there would be a pony, and there always was a pony. Everyone I know has had faith about something that turned out to be unworthy of faith.

 

There are also those who feared events which  did not take place and turned out to not be worthy of fear at all.

 

Whether one has fear, faith or both is part of one's personality and thought processes.

 

There is little reason for people who have faith to consider themselves superior to those who doubt.

 

There is a reason for everything that exists existing, but the Universe was not designed for us to understand it fully, nor our senses and thinking skills capable of knowing everything. Still, we owe it to ourselves to understand as much as we can.

 

There is insufficient proof that God exists.

There is also insufficient proof that he does not exist.

 The real definition of faith is "having a hunch".

 

I am an Agnostic. I see the Universe as Schroedinger's Cattery.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about STUPID IDIOTS, yeah the Clowns from the Religion of Hate, Fear and Ignorance, babbling their Book of FAIRY TALES passages that fir their WORTHLESS cause.

 

One of the most beautiful things that can happen in this Country is to TAX, TAX, TAX, all churches and their properties and if they fail to pay we confiscate their properties and IMPRISON them for sedition ( hell if the PIG and Ass Wipe AG can say it so can I)

 

Make it ILLEGAL for any member of the Make believe Phony ass christian right movement to proselytize in public and if they do fines start at $ 50,000 dollars mandatory 8 years in JAIL and NO parole.

 

Death to christians and their IGNORANCE

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

I don't pray.

There is nobody to pray to.

I was making a joke.

Where is your sense of humor?

Damn, lighten up.     You soooo depressing.                       😟

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

I don't pray.

There is nobody to pray to.

 

There IS a human SOUL and that SOUL is what lives for eternity- either in HEAVEN OR IN HELL!!!

And because you "don't believe it", doesn't mean it isn't true that YOU WILL BURN ETERNALLY IN HELL!!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Freethinker said:

Talk about STUPID IDIOTS, yeah the Clowns from the Religion of Hate, Fear and Ignorance, babbling their Book of FAIRY TALES passages that fir their WORTHLESS cause.

 

One of the most beautiful things that can happen in this Country is to TAX, TAX, TAX, all churches and their properties and if they fail to pay we confiscate their properties and IMPRISON them for sedition ( hell if the PIG and Ass Wipe AG can say it so can I)

 

Make it ILLEGAL for any member of the Make believe Phony ass christian right movement to proselytize in public and if they do fines start at $ 50,000 dollars mandatory 8 years in JAIL and NO parole.

 

Death to christians and their IGNORANCE

 

So you commit yourself to BURNING IN HELL TOO!!!!

Congratulations!! Since you SHITSTAINS would STANK UP HEAVEN with all that HATE inside yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

It depends on the Bible story in question.

Like most believers, it seems that you have not actually READ and UNDERSTOOD everything that the Bible tells us.

It is confusing and rather strange even in the best translations.

It may be the best selling book, but it is certainly not the most widely read book, Some passages are read many times, others, practically never.

I suggest a traditional Bible Concordance and the ones written by Isaac Asimov. There is one for each Testament.

The usual error of Bible Study is that it starts with the assumption that all the Bible makes sense and is true  and somehow logical, which it is decidedly NOT. Then all sorts of verbal contortions are given to say that this or that word does not really mean what we have always understood it to mean.

 

I cotton to the green New International Version.

Plain, modern day, English.....stated clearly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

 

There IS a human SOUL and that SOUL is what lives for eternity- either in HEAVEN OR IN HELL!!!

And because you "don't believe it", doesn't mean it isn't true that YOU WILL BURN ETERNALLY IN HELL!!!

 

 

As pissed off as you are all the time, I'd say you're already living in a form hell on earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Freethinker said:

Talk about STUPID IDIOTS, yeah the Clowns from the Religion of Hate, Fear and Ignorance, babbling their Book of FAIRY TALES passages that fir their WORTHLESS cause.

 

One of the most beautiful things that can happen in this Country is to TAX, TAX, TAX, all churches and their properties and if they fail to pay we confiscate their properties and IMPRISON them for sedition ( hell if the PIG and Ass Wipe AG can say it so can I)

 

Make it ILLEGAL for any member of the Make believe Phony ass christian right movement to proselytize in public and if they do fines start at $ 50,000 dollars mandatory 8 years in JAIL and NO parole.

 

Death to christians and their IGNORANCE

 

Atheists, Muslims, Satanists, racist BLM, communists, queers, pedophiles, and abortionists.

Why do they all fly the Dem Flag?        Why do the Dems hate hard-working, easy-going, peace-

loving Christians?      What's up w/ that ?                         🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, calguy said:

As pissed off as you are all the time, I'd say you're already living in a form hell on earth.

 

You razorback boys got any Churches in Arkansas?

Why don't you try one out, and take your family w/ you

tomorrow morning about 11:00 AM ?

Might be very beneficial for all concerned.                                              😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skans said:

I actually find my self feeling a bit of sorrow at Justice Ginsberg's death.  While I disagreed with her politics and with her positions on certain key social issues, I had a certain degree of respect for he

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Agreed...you gotta respect the old bitch & HO  !

 

One thing I read tho and I hate to agree (in a sense) with a ultraliberal...she should have retired while President Obama was still in office and the DEMs could have had thier pick for a Supreme Court Justice.

 

Instead President Trump will have a second pick. (and we will get to the ultraliberals stalling and garbing at straw once again)

 

It seems she picked her own ambitions (or the countries) over the party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, calguy said:

As pissed off as you are all the time, I'd say you're already living in a form hell on earth.

 

Nope!!!

 

I have more happiness inside than you SHITSTAINS could ever have in the ENTIRE LOT of you have!!!


Seeing that YOUR HATE is easy to spot on EVERY POST you make!!!

 

But I DO love pissing you fucking SHITSUCKERS off so massively that you shit all over yourselves!!!
 

THAT part is easy. AND FUN!!!
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...