Fill the seat, then take election chicanery to supreme court.

Fill the seat, then take election chicanery to supreme court.

Yep.   Trump shouldn't listen to ANYONE he suspects of being a RINO, Never Trumper or Deep State member who is telling him he'd be smart waiting till after the election to do this.

4 hours ago, king of the county said:

Is there enough time for hearings?

One week in Judicial comittee, one week open floor debate.

Meanwhile, one lifetime of PMSDNCNN saying how she is a monster.

Meanwhile ...

Donald-Trump-Mt-Rushmore.jpg?resize=1146

kj

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Deadric said:

Not sure they are needed. He could break precedent and just call for a vote, if he really wanted to get shitty.

There are many GOP senators such as Graham and Collins that might be afraid to make that choice. 

Just now, pwkbirdie56 said:

There are many GOP senators such as Graham and Collins that might be afraid to make that choice. 

This is a real problem for these GOP senators up for election to have to decide on. They may lose moderate GOP voters if they give in to Mitch.

2 minutes ago, pwkbirdie56 said:

What choice? Electing a conservative judge to the Supreme Court? 🤣

1 minute ago, pwkbirdie56 said:

This is a real problem for these GOP senators up for election to have to decide on. They may lose moderate GOP voters if they give in to Mitch.

Can you explain what would be extreme to fulfill their constitutional duty? Why would MODERATE republicans care?

Would they rather see the opportunity squandered? 

Of course not. 

3 minutes ago, pwkbirdie56 said:

They may not care about that when it comes to their re-election.

So...they would rather have a liberal elected to the Supreme Court? 😆

Sounds like you're fucking terrified right now and you should be. 

3 hours ago, pwkbirdie56 said:

They may not care about that when it comes to their re-election.

They be told that the loss is worth it. Even is they lose the Senate. They can get very very vocal with the public later on for any expand the court business.

Let’s face it, regardless of how the GOP got control of the Supreme Court, they didn’t do it by adding judges. Anyone adding judges is 100% guilty of wanting political outcomes they favor. It will be framed like that and it will be believed, because it is true. It won’t be a good look for the left.

Edit:

I can tell you I will ignore any leftwing gun control ban that is approved by an expanded court. It will be clearly a cheated result.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Deadric said:

Let’s face it, regardless of how the GOP got control of the Supreme Court, they didn’t do it by adding judges. Anyone adding judges is 100% guilty of wanting political outcomes they favor. It will be framed like that and it will be believed, because it is true. It won’t be a good look for the left.

LOL... as opposed to forcing through an unpopular nominee, nominated by a president who lost the popular vote (and will again) and has been impeached, just before an election that's integrity has been undermined by said president, in the midst of widespread civil unrest, foreign interference and a botched pandemic response?

Not waiting until after the election... ESPECIALLY THIS ONE... will be a TERRIBLE decision and I think everyone must on some level know that. Just because you want it to happen or they can do it doesn't mean it's best for the country. People are NOT going to simply 'learn to live' with abortion being illegal or lack of health care or attacks on LGBTQ rights... this is the kind of shit that will only push the civil unrest towards full-blown armageddon.

I mean, the kind of thing that happened to Hong Kong where the economy started to suffer and the US was waiting for the Chinese to send in the tanks so they could start screaming about how China was an evil authoritarian regime that can't be trusted when it comes to trade.

Trump has so badly damaged the US reputation (look at what's happening now with this ridiculous declaration to reimpose UN sanctions on Iran, with absolutely nobody else backing the US up on it) that this could easily become the last straw-- the one that causes everything to fall apart and allies to dub America a risky investment and even a failed state.

4 minutes ago, RebelGator said:

When you're dealing with Democrat shit.....shit happens.

Shit like what?

Running a moderate candidate that RWNJs everywhere should take absolutely no issue with as the latest compromise in decades of trying to be reasonable and not take too much?

Recognizing that forcing a nominee through in this political climate is objectively bad for democracy?

In the past it used to be that whenever a right-winger won, civil rights wouldn't be touched, taxes would go down, and everything else would be business as usual (even including environmental regulations). When a left-winger won, civil rights would advance (basically towards individuals being given greater choice), taxes might go up or down, and everything else would be business as usual. This was a good system.

Now the GOP is a fucking freakshow full of religious lunatics, sadists and bullies who care more about causing pain and starting fights than having an actual REASON to cause pain and start fights. Even the most extreme left winger among the Democrats ultimately just believes that the US should be more like Canada or Germany. I honestly have no idea how this shit has gotten so fucked up that there's actually a single sliver of doubt about who should win this.

1 hour ago, Toldya said:

Shit like what?

Running a moderate candidate that RWNJs everywhere should take absolutely no issue with as the latest compromise in decades of trying to be reasonable and not take too much?

Recognizing that forcing a nominee through in this political climate is objectively bad for democracy?

In the past it used to be that whenever a right-winger won, civil rights wouldn't be touched, taxes would go down, and everything else would be business as usual (even including environmental regulations). When a left-winger won, civil rights would advance (basically towards individuals being given greater choice), taxes might go up or down, and everything else would be business as usual. This was a good system.

Now the GOP is a fucking freakshow full of religious lunatics, sadists and bullies who care more about causing pain and starting fights than having an actual REASON to cause pain and start fights. Even the most extreme left winger among the Democrats ultimately just believes that the US should be more like Canada or Germany. I honestly have no idea how this shit has gotten so fucked up that there's actually a single sliver of doubt about who should win this.

No that wasn't a good system.

The left is a freakshow of baby killers and people who think boys can marry boys and that a boy in a dress is a girl...and so very much more.

1 minute ago, Michaelf said:

No that wasn't a good system.

I guess you prefer collapse and meaningless antagonism.

5 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

The left is a freakshow of baby killers and people who think boys can marry boys and that a boy in a dress is a girl...and so very much more.

Oh FFS why do you even give a shit about boys marrying boys or a boy who thinks he's a girl? Why is it so important to prevent these people from living the way they want to live? It doesn't fucking matter. This is the kind of small-mindedness that makes it impossible for so many people to get on board with your bullshit.

4 hours ago, Toldya said:

I guess you prefer collapse and meaningless antagonism.

Oh FFS why do you even give a shit about boys marrying boys or a boy who thinks he's a girl? Why is it so important to prevent these people from living the way they want to live? It doesn't fucking matter. This is the kind of small-mindedness that makes it impossible for so many people to get on board with your bullshit.

People can live however they want. I really don't care if a boy wears a dress. But, when he tries to tell me he's a girl I'm going to call BULLSHIT. Then they'll call me a bigot and we won't be friends anymore. When I catch him trying to get into the girl's rest room with my granddaughters things will be much worse.

I don't care if a boy wants to play house with another boy. I just won't every agree that it can be called marriage...so I will again call BULLSHIT and they'll start calling me names and we have more trouble.

And when they start teaching our kids in school that all this horse shit qualifies as a "family" we have another problem. See? Do as you please but don't try to tell me, my children or grandchildren that it makes some kind of sense. Just do what you want and keep it to yourself. 

Prefer collapse? It is collapse!

• Thanks 1