great WNBA player and HOF superstar, Maya Moore, took a break to help free a negro from prison who's wrongfully convicted for 24yrs now ---then she married him!

this is real life, about how beautiful-people like Maya never let money make her feel that she is better than unfortunate marginalized people who have nothing

10 minutes ago, pmurT said:

this is real life, about how beautiful-people like Maya never let money make her feel that she is better than unfortunate marginalized people who have nothing

I am familiar with the story and can admire her dedication.  However, she plays in the WNBA and has played only a few seasons overseas (where the money is in women's professional basketball).  She has made, for a professional athlete, very little money.

1 hour ago, BatteryPowered said:

I am familiar with the story and can admire her dedication. 

True indeed.  Fortunately, she is a throwback... a player who loves  actually playing the game, instead of loving to make money off of playing the game.

She entered the WNBA destroying players and she is going down as a Top5 Player of All Time ---all while refusing to go overseas looking for more money.

2 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

She has played some overseas.  If I remember correctly, she has done so inconsistently because of her work on this case.

Exactly. The fact that we are not for certain, how long, just shows her refusal to go vehemently chase the dollar by playing overseas.

4 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

I am familiar with the story and can admire her dedication.  However, she plays in the WNBA and has played only a few seasons overseas (where the money is in women's professional basketball).  She has made, for a professional athlete, very little money.

Never heard of her, I feel normal.