Humans Cannot Do "Forest Management." Nature Does That Job. Wildfire Is The ONLY "Forest Management" Needed. You Built Your Home In the Middle Of A River or Amid A Wildfire Zone? When It Burns Or Washes Away, Don't Come Crying To The Taxpayers.

The only thing sad and tragic happening on the West Coast inside all of Donald Trump's NATIONAL forests is that human beings are learning the folly of living where human beings do not belong.....in the woods, where the next lightning strike can kill your loved ones and destroy your illusion of "owning" a piece of Mother Nature.

Fact: Mother Nature ALWAYS gets the last at-bat, and always has a way to correct human foibles.

You want to live out in the woods? No worries. Fine. But YOU assume all the risks, and don't come crying to us begging for money when sh|t gets real.

Verdict:

Q. What is the ONLY way to prevent a massive loss of human lives and property when wildfire comes a'callin?

A. Not building in the woods. Humans should be respectful guests, and NEVER become residents of our forests.

11 hours ago, Fit2Serve said:

The only thing sad and tragic happening on the West Coast inside all of Donald Trump's NATIONAL forests is that human beings are learning the folly of living where human beings do not belong.....in the woods, where the next lightning strike can kill your loved ones and destroy your illusion of "owning" a piece of Mother Nature.

Fact: Mother Nature ALWAYS gets the last at-bat, and always has a way to correct human foibles.

You want to live out in the woods? No worries. Fine. But YOU assume all the risks, and don't come crying to us begging for money when sh|t gets real.

Verdict:

Q. What is the ONLY way to prevent a massive loss of human lives and property when wildfire comes a'callin?

A. Not building in the woods. Humans should be respectful guests, and NEVER become residents of our forests.

DISAGREE... If you  are given the rights to build a home there, and than are DENIED the right to clear brush, build walls, or erect barriers to PROTECT you home by a BUNCH of GREENIE BRAINED IDIOTS, MORONS, and EXTREMISTS... who are PART of the LIBERAL Government...

YOU SHOULD be able to come to the government for AID and JUSTICE !!

17 hours ago, Fit2Serve said:

Verdict:

Fit2Swallow doesn't know that the indigenous peoples regularly burned the forest underbrush off because he is an ignorant buffoon.

kj

5 hours ago, AnotherJim said:

Let's build a city that's 8 feet below sea level; and we'll call it New Orleans. Need I say more? 

New Orleans was founded in 1701 on the site of an Indian village.  It was built on silt deposited by the Mississippi River , land that is not particularly stable, and then it grew. Parts of it sank as the silt was compressed, and levees and dykes were built, because this was the only way to protect what people had already built.

It would have made sense to move the city after Katrina, but the land around the city was owned by people unwilling to sell or trade what they owned, so this could not be done.

In China or perhaps the USSR,  the government could have simply seized higher ground and divided it. But not here.

37 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

In China or perhaps the USSR,  the government could have simply seized higher ground and divided it.

Your heroes ...

kj

14 hours ago, KneeJerk said:

Your heroes ...

kj

They are not my heroes. I was stating a simple fact. If they could have relocated New Orleans upriver to higher ground, that would have prevented the sort of flooding that occurred after Hurricane Katrina.

Do you deny that?

The new site for New Orleans was already owned by citizens, and the law prevented any government, including that of the State or the national government, from declaring eminent domain on said site and distributing it to former inhabitants of New Orleans in a fashion that was agreeable to all.

Do you deny that?

The Peoples' Republic of China and the USSR have, in the past, seized land and reallocated it by decree.

Do you deny that?

Did you see where I said that I would support this? Where have I ever stated that the government of the PRC or the USSR are my "heroes"? The answer is nowhere. All I have ever done is state what they have done.

Did you read where I advocated the state or local governments doing this?

No, you did not.

So go fuck your stupid self, jerk.

14 hours ago, axxtion said:

My wife's first cousin is the mayor of new orleans.  I suggested to her that they should dig more canals and turn into New Venice.

That would be a disaster, of course. Canals below sea level would serve to flood the whole city as water flowed in to seek its own level.