He did what no other President could do... Trump is Muad'Dib

1 minute ago, Str8tEdge said:

It’s NPR. Of course the piece is going to be filled with severe TDS drivel. I didn’t link it for its content, dumbass. Here’s a non-TDS press release. 
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/24/trump-administration-announces-historic-action-lower-drug-prices-americans.html

Trump Administration Announces Historic Action to Lower Drug Prices for Americans

Today, President Donald Trump took historic action to deliver lower prescription drug prices to American patients. The President signed four Executive Orders on drug pricing directing the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to take several steps to deliver for American patients lower costs on prescription drugs, including insulin and epinephrine, and ensure Americans are getting the lowest price possible for their drugs.

The executive orders instruct HHS to take a number of actions:

• End a shadowy system of kickbacks by middlemen that lurks behind the high out-of-pocket costs many Americans face at the pharmacy counter. Under this action, American seniors will directly receive these kickback as discounts in Medicare Part D. In 2018, these Part D discounts totaled more than $30 billion, representing an average discount of 26 to 30 percent.
  • Require federally qualified health centers who purchase insulins and epinephrine in the 340B program to pass the savings from discounted drug prices directly on to medically underserved patients. This will increase access to life-saving insulin and epinephrine for the patients who face especially high costs among the 28 million patients who visit FQHCs every year, over six million of whom are uninsured.
  • Finalize a rule allowing states to develop safe importation plans for certain prescription drugs.
  • Authorize the re-importation of insulin products made in the United States if the Secretary finds re-importation is required for emergency medical care pursuant to section 801(d) of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
  • Create a pathway for safe personal importation through the use of individual waivers to purchase drugs at lower cost from pre-authorized U.S. pharmacies.
  • Take action to ensure that the Medicare program and seniors pay no more for the most costly Medicare Part B drugs than any economically comparable OECD country, ending foreign countries’ free loading off the backs of American taxpayers and pharmaceutical investments. This order takes effect in 30 days unless Congress acts.

“President Trump has already done more than any other President to lower drug costs,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar. “No President has ever taken action on drug prices as bold as any one of today’s individual actions. Today’s executive orders will deliver billions of dollars in discounts directly to patients at the pharmacy counter, safe low-cost imported drugs for Americans, the best deals for America on highly expensive drugs, and direct discounts passed on to patients on important drugs from community health centers. The President’s new efforts to cut drug costs are about making it affordable for American patients to be in control of their own health, their own healthcare choices, and the care they decide on with their own doctor.”

“Today’s Executive Order does what President Trump came into office with a mandate to do: disrupt a failed Washington status quo,” said CMS Administrator Seema Verma. “Thanks to this bold step, Medicare will no longer be a powerless price taker, and American seniors will no longer foot the bill for the world’s innovation while other countries take a free ride.”

“Access to affordable medicines is a public health priority and bringing more drug competition to the market and addressing high costs are top priorities of the Administration, HHS and FDA. The FDA is undertaking a series of policy and scientific initiatives to help patients get access to the safe and effective treatments they require,” said FDA Commissioner Stephen M. Hahn, M.D. “We’ll work closely with HHS to implement the Executive Order as it relates to FDA. We remain committed to advancing the policies outlined in the Safe Importation Action Plan, as quickly as possible, as we continue our broader work to increase drug competition to benefit American consumers.”

“Today’s action by the President will ensure that the most vulnerable among us receive the greatest benefit from both the health center and 340B drug pricing programs,” said HRSA Administrator Tom Engels. “The executive order will further help these two programs work together to see to it that health center patients have access to both high quality primary care and life-saving, affordable medications.”

###

HHS... the same guys who claimed that armed insurrectionists would riot after the election?  Yeah.... let's believe what the clown administration brags about itself.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fuck you...   you  liberal asshole racist POS, we all  know the deal with  you   on top of that  you are  an  anti American globalist    I love all pro Americans, regardless of  ra

Yes, he did. He’s lowered my healthcare costs and given me more access to healthcare. He’s done that for every American. 

ummm,  Dune  is real

2 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Yes, he did. He’s lowered my healthcare costs and given me more access to healthcare. He’s done that for every American. 

Healthcare bigger and better that Obamacare...that covered EVERY American cheaper than Obamacare did?

What is the color of the sky in your world?

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

FIFY

You’re a hyper-partisan extreme suffering TDS er. No one here takes anything you post seriously. It’s the same anti-Trump drivel over and over and over. 

Meanwhile, Trump has done more to secure peace than Obama did in 8 years and without appeasement Obama was famous for. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, maineman said:

Healthcare bigger and better that Obamacare...that covered EVERY American cheaper than Obamacare did?

What is the color of the sky in your world?

Once again, the government isn’t responsible for administering and providing healthcare you fucking moron. 

So yes, he has lowered the cost of healthcare making it more accessible to every American. 

You fail economics 101? 

You’re a hyper-partisan extreme suffering TDS er. No one here takes anything you post seriously. It’s the same anti-Trump drivel over and over and over. 

Meanwhile, Trump has done more to secure peace than Obama did in 8 years and without appeasement Obama was famous for. 

cool story, bro.  what will you do when he loses in November?  I would suggest seppuku.  I'd even send you a really cool knife.

Once again, the government isn’t responsible for administering and providing healthcare you fucking moron. 

So yes, he has lowered the cost of healthcare making it more accessible to every American. 

You fail economics 101? 

He promised that... and he didn't deliver.  He LIED... 

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

He promised that... and he didn't deliver.  He LIED... 

He promised what? Government care for everyone? 😆 NO. That's what YOU HEARD, fucking moron. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, maineman said:

cool story, bro.  what will you do when he loses in November?  I would suggest seppuku.  I'd even send you a really cool knife.

Considering Trump is doing better than he was in 2016, you may be in for a rude awakening. 😂Your boy can't even handle prescripted softball questions without a teleprompter. 

Pretty sure we could put Mr. Mondo Duke D on the ballot and you'd vote for him. 

9 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

He promised what? Government care for everyone? 😆 NO. That's what YOU HEARD, fucking moron. 

He promised a program to replace Obamacare that would cover everyone for less money.

And listen fool... you're a fucking nurse... you change bedpans... you wipe asses... you surf the web on your boss's nickel while other REAL nurses fight COVID in our nation.  YOU are not only a moron, but a lazy despicable moron. I am not a moron at all.  I served my country in harm's way for a quarter of a century. I'll hold my record, my service and my patriotism up against yours any fucking day.

11 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Considering Trump is doing better than he was in 2016, you may be in for a rude awakening. 😂Your boy can't even handle prescripted softball questions without a teleprompter. 

Pretty sure we could put Mr. Mondo Duke D on the ballot and you'd vote for him. 

who I'll vote for is not your concern. Biden is leading in all sorts of demographic groups that Hillary was losing to four years ago.

And the BIGGEST switch has been with the over 50 crowd.  The clown WON that group... Biden leads it now by double digits...and that group votes more regularly than any other.

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

He promised a program to replace Obamacare that would cover everyone for less money.

And listen fool... you're a fucking nurse... you change bedpans... you wipe asses... you surf the web on your boss's nickel while other REAL nurses fight COVID in our nation.  YOU are not only a moron, but a lazy despicable moron. I am not a moron at all.  I served my country in harm's way for a quarter of a century. I'll hold my record, my service and my patriotism up against yours any fucking day.

"In Harm's Way".......LOL, that chow line was rough, huh?

12 minutes ago, RebelGator said:

"In Harm's Way".......LOL, that chow line was rough, huh?

Southern Lebanon: 1981... Beirut: 1982

and you?  you never DID find the courage to serve in ANY capacity, amirite? 

11 minutes ago, maineman said:

Southern Lebanon: 1981... Beirut: 1982

and you?  you never DID find the courage to serve in ANY capacity, amirite? 

I may have told you this before, but I had a close friend there in Beirut at the time working as a journalist/photo-journalist. He had good access inside both the Amal and Hizbullah militias (among other paramilitary groups).

He started hearing chatter about an pending attack on the Marine compound in advance and did his utmost to plead with US military commanders and diplomats to do something to protect our forces as an attack was likely imminent.

He was rebuffed.  

Nothing was done. A fucking waste.

Bill

56 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I may have told you this before, but I had a close friend there in Beirut at the time working as a journalist/photo-journalist. He had good access inside both the Amal and Hizbullah militias (among other paramilitary groups).

He started hearing chatter about an pending attack on the Marine compound in advance and did his utmost to plead with US military commanders and diplomats to do something to protect our forces as an attack was likely imminent.

He was rebuffed.  

Nothing was done. A fucking waste.

Bill

I probably had drinks with him at the Commodore.  What is maddening to me about Beirut during the Reagan years was that, we had our embassy attacked in April '83 killing 63 people including the entire CIA shop (who I routinely played bridge with every week), and then six months later, the marine barracks at the airport killing 241, and then, less than a year later, the US Embassy annex in East Beirut killing 24 more... and all three attacks were committed n the same town by the exact same enemy using the exact same weapons delivery system.  And they ALL  could have been foiled by simple concrete barriers like we see at interstate exits all over the country.  It is understandable that we might have been caught off guard by the first one.... but why we didn't learn the simple lesson of barriers in the six months before the second one is inexcusable... and then to STILL not learn it and allow the THIRD attack by a suicide truck bomb against an unfortified US installation was CRIMINALLY negligent.  Not one congressional hearing... 328 lives... and our government named a fucking airport after Reagan after that.  328 lives.  Contrast that to Benghazi... FOUR LIVES... FOUR LIVES and only ONE of them was someone other than a mercenary... how many hearings did we have about Ben-fucking-ghazi?  And no one on the right will even stand up and admit the blatant hypocrisy.  SHAME.  SHAME.

11 minutes ago, maineman said:

I probably had drinks with him at the Commodore.  What is maddening to me about Beirut during the Reagan years was that, we had our embassy attacked in April '83 killing 63 people including the entire CIA shop (who I routinely played bridge with every week), and then six months later, the marine barracks at the airport killing 241, and then, less than a year later, the US Embassy annex in East Beirut killing 24 more... and all three attacks were committed n the same town by the exact same enemy using the exact same weapons delivery system.  And they ALL  could have been foiled by simple concert barriers like we see at interstate exits all over the country.  It is understandable that we might have been caught off guard by the first one.... but why we didn't learn the simple lesson of barriers in the six months before the second one is inexcusable... and then to STILL not learn it and allow the THIRD attack by a suicide truck bomb against an unfortified US installation was CRIMINALLY negligent.  Not one congressional hearing... 328 lives... and our government named a fucking airport after Reagan after that.  328 lives.  Contrast that to Benghazi... FOUR LIVES... FOUR LIVES and only ONE of them was someone other than a mercenary... how many hearings did we have about Ben-fucking-ghazi?  And no one on the right will even stand up and admit the blatant hypocrisy.  SHAME.  SHAME.

My friend certainly hung out at the Commodore with the rest of the journalistic crew.

Criminal neglect is right. Our forces were sitting ducks for attacks when our leadership was warned in advance and--as you say--the MO of these attacks was the same. Total incompetence.

Reagan's team was as incompetent as Trump's. He was the seed of this insanity.

Sad.

Bill

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, SpyCar said:

The announcement between nations that have never been at war and have quietly been working together for a very long time is hardly big news. Better than a kick in the head--all things being equal--but one has to wonder what sort of promises Trump made to spur the obviously politically themed announcement.

Trump has a bad record of working against America's national interests in pursuit of his own personal gain. 

Bill

Highly noted.

You can’t list ONE positive thing accomplished in the ME by previous POTUS’s, but you can display your TDS with the “ best” of them.

Thanks for playing kiddo......

3 hours ago, maineman said:

you mean like the approach the right took with the LAST democrats POTUS?  Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.  We're just getting started motherfucker..... 

You’ll reap what you’ve sowed. Whenever the next leftist POTUS occurs, the precedent has been set to manufacture endless lies and put him on trial for BS. 

And it is noted, you could not list one positive from Trumps predecessor in the ME. VERY telling.

2 hours ago, maineman said:

And listen fool... you're a fucking nurse... you change bedpans... you wipe asses...

Fuck off schlub.    You can't  hold a candle to any  nurse  you shit for brains.

They are the core of the  greatest healthcare system on Earth 

@Str8tEdge

2 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

You’ll reap what you’ve sowed. Whenever the next leftist POTUS occurs, the precedent has been set to manufacture endless lies and put him on trial for BS. 

And it is noted, you could not list one positive from Trumps predecessor in the ME. VERY telling.

and you chose to ignore the birtherism that was the clown's hallmark.

how hypocritical.

but to answer your question, I think that Obama's speech in Cairo had the potential to reset the entire dynamic,

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

Fuck off schlub.    You can't  hold a candle to any  nurse  you shit for brains.

They are the core of the  greatest healthcare system on Earth 

@Str8tEdge

I am sure that str8tttttEgdge will appreciate the reach around.

There ain't a fuckiing nurse in the world that can pilot a greyhound along side an oiler in heavy seas.  I can do it with one half of my brain playing online bridge

7 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Highly noted.

You can’t list ONE positive thing accomplished in the ME by previous POTUS’s, but you can display your TDS with the “ best” of them.

Thanks for playing kiddo......

Well, Jimmy Carter actually got two belligerent states--Egypt and Israel--to sign a peace treaty that's held. A treaty that Sadat paid for with his life.

That treaty had real meaning, as without Egypt in the mix the chances that Israel might once again face an Arab coalition in a conventional war that threatened its existence virtually disappeared.

That was a hugely significant treaty. The announcements with UAE and Bahrain--in contrast--are little more than a PR stunt.

I'd love to hear the tapes of those "negotiations." 

Bill