He did what no other President could do... Trump is Muad'Dib

20 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

its a reference from the novel, Dune. 

Never read the book.  I saw part of the Movie once, and it was just so freaking bad and cheesy like that old movie where future humans are confined to living in a shopping mall.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fuck you...   you  liberal asshole racist POS, we all  know the deal with  you   on top of that  you are  an  anti American globalist    I love all pro Americans, regardless of  ra

Yes, he did. He’s lowered my healthcare costs and given me more access to healthcare. He’s done that for every American. 

ummm,  Dune  is real

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Yeah, I, a retired Spanish professor, and a member of the "globalist elites".

Trump is a globalist. He sold all sorts of stuff, most of it made outside the US. Even as I speak, he is peddling MAGA hats made in China. His campaign signs are printed in China.

You are a total moron. The economy of the world is global and will continue to be global. But I had not a thing to do with it.

14 minutes ago, Skans said:

Never read the book.  I saw part of the Movie once, and it was just so freaking bad and cheesy like that old movie where future humans are confined to living in a shopping mall.

The 1984 (or so) version directed by David Lynch was pretty bad. New one coming out in December 2020 and it looks like it does the best job of capturing the true ethos/vibe of Frank Herbert's novel. The beauty of the novel is not the political intrigue but how Melange (the spice) affects one. 

30 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

After five Dune movies and three or four novels, I thought that everyone at least knew who Muad'Ib was.  "Fear is the Mind killer!  The Spice must Flow.  We have Wormsign here the likes of which God himself as never seen!"

Read Dune in 2005 or so. Should probably re-read Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune. This latest version looks to be quite solid. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

The 1984 (or so) version directed by David Lynch was pretty bad. New one coming out in December 2020 and it looks like it does the best job of capturing the true ethos/vibe of Frank Herbert's novel. The beauty of the novel is not the political intrigue but how Melange (the spice) affects one. 

I could never watch the movie long enough to figure out what spice was supposed to be.  Too much Rock Opera, as I recall.  But, to be fair, I could never watch any of the Star Wars movies either.

Probably one of the better sci-fi movies I've watched was Interstellar.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I could never watch the movie long enough to figure out what spice was supposed to be.  Too much Rock Opera, as I recall.  But, to be fair, I could never watch any of the Star Wars movies either.

In short, Melange is a drug that has gives longer life spans, greater vitality, greater awareness, increased intelligence, and in some Prescience (ability to see the future). 

12 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

In short, Melange is a drug that has gives longer life spans, greater vitality, greater awareness, increased intelligence, and in some Prescience (ability to see the future). 

So, basically Meth, but it doesn't just make the user THINK he's living longer, being more vigorous, is more aware, smarter and can see the future.  A one-drug-does-it-all.

So, basically Meth, but it doesn't just make the user THINK he's living longer, being more vigorous, is more aware, smarter and can see the future.  A one-drug-does-it-all.

That pretty well sums it up. When one is high on it, the author describes it as a numb feeling like you get with Marijuana or Heroin. 

43 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Yeah, I, a retired Spanish professor, and a member of the "globalist elites".

You are a total moron. The economy of the world is global and will continue to be global. But I had not a thing to do with it.

you don't  know the difference  between global trade and globalism … they are unrelated

22 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

t, Melange is a drug that has gives longer life spans, greater vitality, greater awareness, increased intelligence, and in some Prescience (ability to see the future). 

7 minutes ago, Skans said:

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

That pretty well sums it up. When one is high on it, the author describes it as a numb feeling like you get with Marijuana or Heroin. 

Yes, unlike  Meth,  Melange actually does extend your life, and  your consciousness as well as your  intellect.   It also allows for  interspace  travel thru the  Guild...  the  OPEC of the   "Duniverse"

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Yes, unlike  Meth,  Melange actually does extend your life, and  your consciousness as well as your  intellect.   It also allows for  interspace  travel thru the  Guild...  the  OPEC of the   "Duniverse"

I assume that when you say "actually" you mean according to the script writers' fictional account, right?

3 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Trump is a rodent. More of a rat than a desert mouse. 

Bill

Awww, Bill's right.  Here is Trump (the big one) devouring Weak Little Biden during the debate.....

e47d84e76629e41f61fa045eebd5a61b.jpg&f=1

Awww, Bill's right.  Here is Trump (the big one) devouring Weak Little Biden during the debate.....

I can't wait for the debates. This will be fun.

Bill

1 minute ago, SpyCar said:

I can't wait for the debates. This will be fun.

Bill

Did you watch the   2012 debate with  Paul Ryan?

Trump won't be able to  get away  with that BS with Trump.    Om top of that  he is running at 10% of the   mental capacity of 2012, which was  then about 50% of   buffoon

2 hours ago, maineman said:

Why attempt to change the subject of a good thing? 

Is your hatred and agenda so deep as to not see a positive where a positive exists? Is that the approach everyone should take with the next Dem POTUS?

seriously man.....

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Why attempt to change the subject of a good thing? 

Is your hatred and agenda so deep as to not see a positive where a positive exists? Is that the approach everyone should take with the next Dem POTUS?

seriously man.....

Some truth to that. If Trump loses, liberals expect the rest to simply accept it with grace and treat Biden with respect. Yeah.... funny.

15 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Trump is a rodent. More of a rat than a desert mouse. 

Bill

Point out where another rodent, or POTUS for that matter......has made any positive headway in the ME.

Standing by.....and apology dick sucking tours are not positive-obviously given the results.

16 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Did you watch the   2012 debate with  Paul Ryan?

Trump won't be able to  get away  with that BS with Trump.    Om top of that  he is running at 10% of the   mental capacity of 2012, which was  then about 50% of   buffoon

I certainly did. Biden kicked Ryan's ass so hard. He'll do the same with trump.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Bill