Labor has weakened its strength by taking on so much consumer debt.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, silly boy, you are totally mistaken.  You clearly haven't brushed up on your idiot lib economic theories lately, have you?   You see, the first idiot lib theory of labor posits that if s

You want to improve wages, start with cutting up your credit cards and putting money into savings.  Then you will be in a position to squeeze the balls of management.    

You want to improve wages? Get rid of all the illegals that drive labor wages down.    What your labor is worth is based on simple supply and demand, MORON.   

1 minute ago, Str8tEdge said:

See? Here’s where your obvious stupidity shows. You just posted one part of the balance sheet without posting the other side. The US is the richest country on earth with close to 100 trillion in wealth and a GDP of 22 trillion a year. 

You really claimed you’re a fucking accountant? Because that would be an obvious lie. 😆

/end thread

2 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

See? Here’s where your obvious stupidity shows. You just posted one part of the balance sheet without posting the other side. The US is the richest country on earth with close to 100 trillion in wealth and a GDP of 22 trillion a year. 

You really claimed you’re a fucking accountant? Because that would be an obvious lie. 😆

And Str8 must resort to lying yet again.

I have never EVER claimed to have been an accountant.

At least I didn't run a Brookstone Store for 9 years, eh?  

Talk about a loser.....

23 hours ago, Scout said:

Yes, that compromises labor's strength still more.  

Its the dirty little secret that neither side will talk about.    Group insurance, in particular employer based insurance was nothing more than a carrot to convince people to work for a lower wage and at the same time enrich the employer, the insurance company, and the Healthcare industry.    

4 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

No. You claimed labor supply and demand can be manipulated. 😆You changed the subject, moron. 

No, I acknowledged the topic of this thread which I created, dumbfuck. 

You still don't understand it because you are so uneducated about economics. 

Running a store in a mall doesn't qualify you for ANYTHING, Str8.

You are a loser. 

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

Its the dirty little secret that neither side will talk about.    Group insurance, in particular employer based insurance was nothing more than a carrot to convince people to work for a lower wage and at the same time enrich the employer, the insurance company, and the Healthcare industry.    

You may have to explain all this to Str8.  He doesn't 'get' anything we are discussing.

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

I see it as a cruel evil conspiracy between gov't and industry.

45 minutes ago, Scout said:

Failed attempt to change the subject and the reason

is you didn't understand the subject when you read it.

So you thought you could cover up by lashing out instead

of just asking be to clarify or something.

Instead, your stupidity is revealed to all.

Your argument is a failed attempt and pointed out by that fact you ONLY reported on one side of the ledger. Let hope you account better than you post. 😆

1 minute ago, Str8tEdge said:

Your argument is a failed attempt and pointed out by that fact you ONLY reported on one side of the ledger. Let hope you account better than you post. 😆

Topic not about ledgers.  DUH. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Topic not about ledgers.  DUH. 

Your topic is meaningless drivel to begin with and proof you have zero education or experience in economics.

Businesses are competing for YOUR labor. 

Personal debt has ZERO to do with labor value. 

Demand for particular labor does. 

As an RN, I can go anywhere in the country and get a job within a week making excellent wages. 

Is it because of my personal debt to income ratio? 

No? The two aren’t even fucking related you God damned moron. 

WE determine the value of our labor, not the business. 

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

Your topic is meaningless drivel to begin with and proof you have zero education or experience in economics.

As an RN, I can go anywhere in the country and get a job within a week making excellent wages. 

We all get the connection.  YOu are the one who can't seem to grasp it.  :D  

7 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

The connection that doesn’t exist. 😆

Not for you with your limitations, but exists for the rest of us.  I think education is a factor.  

13 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

No, silly boy, you are totally mistaken.  You clearly haven't brushed up on your idiot lib economic theories lately, have you?

You see, the first idiot lib theory of labor posits that if some workers are in debt or other financial trouble, then this does 2 magical things.  The first is it telepathically sends a message to their evil employers to let them know about their worker's financial situations.  The second is that it creates a magical force field around those workers that prevents them from going to work for any other employer.  So now these evil, greedy employers take advantage of these situations and the inability of their workers to go somewhere else to screw these desperate workers with much lower wages than they would otherwise get.

The second idiot lib theory of labor says that if workers are on some type of government welfare, then this also does the same 2 magical things listed above.  Now, these evil, greedy employers take advantage of the fact that their workers on welfare don't need as much pay to make ends meet to also screw these workers with much lower wages than they would otherwise get.

So in summary, if workers have either too little or too much money, then this grants magical powers to their evil, greedy employers so they can screw their workers over and easily get filthy rich with massive profits.  The only possible ways to stop this is for a government MW law or a union to put a stop to their dastardly deeds.  That is why not one single non-union worker in the US makes more than the MW unless their employer graciously & generously pays them more out of the goodness of their hearts.  Period.

If you need more education on these labor theories, try listening to some of the dumbest idiot lib politicians such as those twits bernie or aoc.  Their ability to teach (i.e. brainwash) weak-minded sheep is legendary.

Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

No. You claimed labor supply and demand can be manipulated. 😆You changed the subject, moron. 

This is a quote from Adam Smith ( I doubt YOU know of him) about YOUR beliefs on this subject:

“as ignorant of the world as of the subject.” -- Adam Smith.  

========================================================================================

More than two centuries ago, Adam Smith, now widely regarded as a cheerleader for free market capitalism, raged that the market for labor was rigged. He argued that self-interested employers manipulated the labor market to drive workers’ wages below their competitive level. Smith warned that employers “are always and everywhere in a sort of tacit, but constant and uniform combination, not to raise the wages of labor above their actual rate.” And he ridiculed naysayers who denied that employers colluded to press their advantage against workers “as ignorant of the world as of the subject.” He further noted that “we seldom, indeed, hear of this combination, because it is the usual, and one may say, the natural state of things, which nobody ever hears of.”

https://www.milkenreview.org/articles/the-rigged-labor-market

On 9/13/2020 at 11:03 AM, Butthead said:

Absolutely true.    In addition to that, when people had the opportunity to opt out of employer based health insurance and buy a personal policy, they should have done so.   

Ran across an interesting article.  An excerpt:

Much research in labor economics over the past quarter century has confirmed Adam Smith’s fear that employers routinely use anticompetitive practices to reduce pay and curtail worker mobility. Research has further expanded our understanding of how “frictions” in the job market, such as imperfect information or costs associated with changing jobs, can give employers anticompetitive advantages even in situations where many employers are vying independently to hire workers. New practices have emerged to facilitate employer collusion, such as noncompete clauses and no-raid pacts, but the basic insights are the same: employers often implicitly, and sometimes explicitly, act to prevent the forces of competition from enabling workers to earn what a competitive market would dictate, and from working where they would prefer to work.

This was clear in professional sports before free agency enabled athletes to earn what the market would bear. And it remains the case in many other less glamorous and lower-paying industries. Even professional economists have faced a rigged labor market. The heads of several leading U.S. economics departments used to regularly confer at the Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association to jointly agree upon starting pay and teaching requirements for assistant professors until the Justice Department started nosing around and raising concerns about the legality of the practice.

https://www.milkenreview.org/articles/the-rigged-labor-market

On 9/13/2020 at 12:03 PM, Butthead said:

Absolutely true.    In addition to that, when people had the opportunity to opt out of employer based health insurance and buy a personal policy, they should have done so.   

Most people will not do this, because employer-paid health insurance pays part of the premium, while  with alternative insurance, the employer does not. I fail to see the wisdom of voluntarily paying more for insurance. Perhaps you can explain why anyone should do this.

16 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Despite this, when a company is seeking to hire new employees, it does a credit check, and often prospective employees are rejected based on their personal debt alone. I suspect that this has something to do with the company's insurance policy, which insures against embezzlement.

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Wow!  @Str8tEdge is even stupider than previously assumed, eh?

Did you see the statement I posted where Adam Smith says Str8 is "IGNORANT"?

Just now, Scout said:

Wow!  @Str8tEdge is even stupider than previously assumed, eh?

Did you see the statement I posted where Adam Smith says Str8 is "IGNORANT"?

Str8h8 is the least compassionate member of the medical profession I have ever had the misfortune to meet. he hates people. He hates patients. He is as hateful as someone who was vying for the title of "most likely to be Most Hated Medic Ever".

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Str8h8 is the least compassionate member of the medical profession I have ever had the misfortune to meet. he hates people. He hates patients. He is as hateful as someone who was vying for the title of "most likely to be Most Hated Medic Ever".

str8 is not in any job in medicine that requires intellect.  obviously.  

I'm thinking LPN or CNA.  

10 minutes ago, Scout said:

str8 is not in any job in medicine that requires intellect.  obviously.  

I'm thinking LPN or CNA.  

He has no compassion, he has no understanding. He is just a blowhard who posts here because in some perverted way it makes him feel worthwhile.