Maine Wedding Linked To More Than 140 COVID-19 Cases, 3 Deaths: CDC

@mainemanthinking of you.......

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/millinocket-wedding-coronavirus-cases-rise_n_5f54f13fc5b6578026cf94a2

An indoor wedding and reception in Maine last month resulted in at least 147 confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the state, including three deaths, state health officials said.

The growing outbreak came after about 65 guests attended the Aug. 7 wedding in Millinocket, Maine. Just 10 days later, two dozen people directly associated with the event tested positive for the virus, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said.

As of Sunday, additional confirmed cases linked to the wedding included 19 at the Maplecrest Rehabilitation and Living Center in Madison, Maine, where a member of a wedding guest’s household worked, Maine CDC spokesperson Robert Long told HuffPost. The nursing home is about 100 miles southwest of the Big Moose Inn, where the wedding reception took place.

The event was also linked to a 72-case outbreak at the York County Jail, southwest of Portland, Maine, Long said.

Health officials said they linked 147 cases of COVID-19, including three deaths, to a wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn
CBS BOSTON
Health officials said they linked 147 cases of COVID-19, including three deaths, to a wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket, Maine, on Aug. 7.

A jail staff member attended both the wedding and reception and was one of the first people at the jail to test positive for the virus, Maine CDC Director Nirav Shah told a news conference Thursday. Inmates made up the majority of those infected with the virus at the jail, followed by staff members and their families, Shah said.

The three people who died from the virus did not attend the wedding or reception, Long said.

The state CDC continued to investigate whether an outbreak at the Calvary Baptist Church in Sanford, Maine, was also connected to the Millinocket event. The church’s pastor, Todd Bell, officiated the wedding at a Millinocket church and reportedly admitted to his congregation last week that he was at the wedding.

2nd district morons.... clown squad members, probably... 

Up north in the 2nd district, one more COVID death equals one less Trump vote.  I hope they are all going to Labor Day picnics today, sitting real close to one another and not wearing masks.

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

2nd district morons.... clown squad members, probably... 

Up north in the 2nd district, one more COVID death equals one less Trump vote.  I hope they are all going to Labor Day picnics today, sitting real close to one another and not wearing masks.

Hope it spreads rapidly though your district... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I can't understand how a country like this was put on it's knees that easy by a pandemic, that is terrible. How you can be that irresponsible and organise a wedding during the pandemic and you make 140 cases and 3 deaths, incredible and very dub thing in my opinion. Next time, be careful, because life doesn't like jokes and irresponsibility. I also wanted to organise a wedding and this AV hire company in London might be able to help, because I wanted to rent a place in the forest and make the wedding there with people that have passed the test.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:26 AM, tunafish said:

@mainemanthinking of you.......

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/millinocket-wedding-coronavirus-cases-rise_n_5f54f13fc5b6578026cf94a2

An indoor wedding and reception in Maine last month resulted in at least 147 confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the state, including three deaths, state health officials said.

The growing outbreak came after about 65 guests attended the Aug. 7 wedding in Millinocket, Maine. Just 10 days later, two dozen people directly associated with the event tested positive for the virus, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said.

As of Sunday, additional confirmed cases linked to the wedding included 19 at the Maplecrest Rehabilitation and Living Center in Madison, Maine, where a member of a wedding guest’s household worked, Maine CDC spokesperson Robert Long told HuffPost. The nursing home is about 100 miles southwest of the Big Moose Inn, where the wedding reception took place.

The event was also linked to a 72-case outbreak at the York County Jail, southwest of Portland, Maine, Long said.

Health officials said they linked 147 cases of COVID-19, including three deaths, to a wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn

CBS BOSTON

Health officials said they linked 147 cases of COVID-19, including three deaths, to a wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket, Maine, on Aug. 7.

A jail staff member attended both the wedding and reception and was one of the first people at the jail to test positive for the virus, Maine CDC Director Nirav Shah told a news conference Thursday. Inmates made up the majority of those infected with the virus at the jail, followed by staff members and their families, Shah said.

The three people who died from the virus did not attend the wedding or reception, Long said.

The state CDC continued to investigate whether an outbreak at the Calvary Baptist Church in Sanford, Maine, was also connected to the Millinocket event. The church’s pastor, Todd Bell, officiated the wedding at a Millinocket church and reportedly admitted to his congregation last week that he was at the wedding.

I thought I read where the death count was much higher now. 

4 minutes ago, VictorMet7 said:

I can't understand how a country like this was put on it's knees that easy by a pandemic, that is terrible. How you can be that irresponsible and organise a wedding during the pandemic and you make 140 cases and 3 deaths, incredible and very dub thing in my opinion. Next time, be careful, because life doesn't like jokes and irresponsibility. I also wanted to organise a wedding and this AV hire company in London might be able to help, because I wanted to rent a place in the forest and make the wedding there with people that have passed the test.

Just Trump voters....no loss. 

52 minutes ago, calguy said:

You're an ass KISSER. Not a kicker.

Meet me in Texarkana and bring a fucking lunch and dinner I'll be kicking ass all day! 

Hey fuckwad! Make good on your FUIQ thread. READ MY SIGNATURE!

34 minutes ago, maineman said:

RSVP.... regrets only 

Do you think I am going to "telegraph"?... Listen hear you faggot cocksucker go blow some more seaman. Then have your man whore wife fuck you in your ass! @slidemancan suck you off and you can blow @calguy.

@maineman will be a bowling ball. All holes filled!

All aboard.. faggot train.

Whooo whooo

16 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Meet me in Texarkana and bring a fucking lunch and dinner I'll be kicking ass all day! 

Hey fuckwad! Make good on your FUIQ thread. READ MY SIGNATURE!

Fuck off you smelly dead fish. The whole world knows you're an ass kisser.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, BatteryPowered said:

Explain to me how they know...for a fact...that NONE of those 140 people did not come into anyone else with the Wuhan Virus that was asymptomatic?  

They don’t.