August Shatters Another Gun Sales Record

24 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I hear ya. People often mischaracterize me as a liberal because I am a woke communist. It appears you have similar detractors for opposite reasons.

I've never for a moment considered you a liberal, nor "woke."

A communist? I almost believe that. A loon? For sure.

Bill

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FACTS:   Conservatives and libertarians have the guns.   Liberals do not.   Conservatives and libertarians have the ammo.   Liberals do not.   Conserv

Lefty: "yepper, there's trouble brewin' in them thar hills..."

Gen 5 Glock for $425 I can believe, because Gen 5 is junk and they go for $500-$550 retail. You didn't buy a $1000 Colt rifle for $500. Not even FFL wholesale gets that price. The aren't worth it eith

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I've never for a moment considered you a liberal, nor "woke."

A communist? I almost believe that. A loon? For sure.

Bill

That's fair.

• Thumb up 1
2 hours ago, drvoke said:

I hear ya. People often mischaracterize me as a liberal because I am a woke communist. It appears you have similar detractors for opposite reasons.

2 hours ago, JinnMartini said:

So you're far worse than a liberal !

Okay, let me just remember that !

the joke went over your head | Memes funny faces, The joke you, Funny memes

21 hours ago, Spartan said:

"State trooper discount" my ass.  "Connections" my ass.  Even cops using the Blue Label program are waiting 6 months for Glocks.  Basic Gen 3 Glocks have gone for as much as $1200 on internet auction sites.

AR-15s are nonexistent on the market and even stripped receivers are like hen's teeth at this point.  There are nationwide shortages of lead, copper, and brass; Winchester is 10 BILLION - that is BILLION, with a B - rounds backorders.  Shelves are stripped of 9mm and .223/5.56.  Even LE agencies can't get ammo for training.

In short, you're a bald faced liar; spouting crap just to spout crap.

And you're no liberal.

On the other hand, yeah, lots of people who haven't bought guns before are buying them now; whatever they can get their hands on.  Violence is growing.

We are in a state of war, and should comport ourselves as such.

You're wrong.

I can go buy an AR 15 in town today.

Just looked at it yesterday.

FN with SigSauer rangefinder scope. $1950.00

Same place has the Glock 17 for $699.00

Although ammo is getting expensive.

150 rounds of 5.56 /62 grain FMJ was $80.00

50 rounds of 9mm goes for $35.00

Although the store does keep those 2 calibers in the back for locals.

If you really want an AR buy the kit from Palmetto State Arms.

Put it together yourself.

They have them.

22 hours ago, Mirabeau said:

FACTS:

Conservatives and libertarians have the guns.

Liberals do not.

Conservatives and libertarians have the ammo.

Liberals do not.

Conservatives and libertarians know how to use the guns and ammo.

Liberals do not.

This will not end well for liberals.

- Force of Constitutional Law -

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..."

- U.S. Constitution - Amendment II -

RECONSTRUCTION II - Begins 04NOV20

On 9/6/2020 at 7:00 AM, Squatchman said:

Come find out if you got the hair.

Being a Texan you will just stay in your hole.

Cowards.

FOR THE SECOND TIME:

What is your VERIFIABLE legal name, age, and VERIFIABLE current home address?

Why are you avoiding Mirabeau?

(Watch this, folks!)

• Thumb up 1
On 9/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, Mirabeau said:

FOR THE SECOND TIME:

Why are you avoiding Mirabeau?

(Watch this, folks!)

Yeah @Squatchmanis A fucking COWARD! RUNS AND HIDES....

I HOPE YOU @SquatchmanGOT COVID-19 AND DIED!

YOU DESERVE IT!

18 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I think @Squatchman, @maineman, @Scout, @Zaro, @XavierOnassis, and @calguy are all on the same playing field. Fucking cowards. 

Several of those have initiated challenges to Mirabeau, and, each and every time Mirabeau has called the bluff by demanding that they provide their VERIFIABLE names and VERIFIABLE residence addresses so the challenges can be met, they clam up.

Just now, Mirabeau said:

Several of those have initiated challenges to Mirabeau, and, each and every time Mirabeau has called the bluff by demanding that they provide their VERIFIABLE names and VERIFIABLE residence addresses so the challenges can be met, they clam up.

I didn't stutter.....

@Squatchman, @maineman, @Scout, @Zaro, @XavierOnassis, and @calguy are all Fucking cowards. 

On 9/12/2020 at 7:00 PM, Mirabeau said:

Like you would show up.

Puss.

1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

I got under your skin I see.

Don't like facts do you?

I have more and know more about guns than you will ever know.

Run along you fat bag of crap

Stuff your face with salty snacks

You know the aisle at Meijers has it clearly marked!

On 9/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, Squatchman said:

If you really want an AR buy the kit from Palmetto State Arms.

Put it together yourself.

They have them.

Palmetto State Armory YOU CLOWN!

YOU COULDN'T PUT AN AR TOGETHER IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

YOU STILL PLAY WITH LINCOLN LOGS MADE FROM YOUR DRIED UP TURDS!!tumblr_mmygrozUBH1rv7ziyo1_1280.thumb.jpg.7816dffd8c48a60fd1b3b8cae543893a.jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 8:46 PM, Spartan said:

As much as those on the extreme Left don't want to think about it - and will rationalize that this doesn't mean what it means - Americans are arming themselves and exercising their Constitutional Right to be armed more now than at any prior point in American history.  LOTS of first time buyers this time; as opposed to the "gun nuts just buying more guns" the Left is hoping this is.

We face a frightening, dark time as a nation.  I fear the violence we've seen in Portland and Kenosha will only spread unless we can figure out a better way.  I fear what this nation becomes after the election.

2020 ELECTION

August Shatters Another Gun Sales Record

Michigan Instructor: 'I have never seen a higher level of interest in guns'

•  
  •  

GettyImages-1207851439-736x500.jpg A worker restocks AR-15 guns at Davidson Defense in Orem, Utah on March 20, 2020 / Getty Images

Stephen Gutowski - SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 6:20 PM

August 2020 saw more gun sales than any other August on record as Americans continue to rush to gun stores at a record pace.

A Washington Free Beacon analysis of FBI data released on Tuesday found a 57 percent increase in sales compared to August 2019. There were at least 1.6 million sales in August 2020. Only two previous Augusts had broken a million sales, though limitations in FBI reporting means that not every gun sale is captured in the data. August represents the sixth month in a row to set a new sales record with March seeing the most gun sales of any month in the history of the FBI background check system.

Sales thus far in 2020 have soared past previous years. Sales through the first eight months of the year are up 43 percent over the previous record.

plot1-1024x640.png

"In 15 years of teaching firearm safety, I have never seen a higher level of interest in guns," Rick Ector, a Detroit-based firearms instructor, told the Washington Free Beacon. "I do not need to advertise, and my phone is constantly ringing."

A June report from the gun industry's trade group indicated dealers believed 40 percent of buyers since March have been first-time owners. The group pegged the total number of new owners at just under five million. If the estimated percentage of new owners holds for August, that would mean at least 640,000 Americans bought a gun for the first time in August. The surge in firearm owners could have a significant impact on gun politics and American elections for years to come.

Ector said the sales are driven by concerns over the pandemic, the economic downturn, and recent rioting in places like Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon. He expects the record sales to keep up through the end of the year, pointing to Democrat nominee Joe Biden's strict new gun-control policies and his lead in national polling.

"Any single issue by itself would lead to an increase of people buying guns," he said. "We have all four factors ‘in play' and the run on guns is no surprise to me."

plot2-1024x640.png

The number of checks run through the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System is not a one-to-one representation of total gun sales, but is widely considered the best gauge because the checks are required on all sales done through licensed dealers. The Free Beacon removed checks from the count that were coded for gun-carry permits or other non-gun sales to reach the final sales numbers.

Charles Fain Lehman contributed to this report.

I went with a family member to buy a handgun a few days ago.

It used to take between 4 and 8 mins for NICS to OK your gun sale.

It took almost 2 days to get OKed from NICS to buy the gun.

NICS is backed up THAT much.

The store owner said that was because so many people are buying guns for protection.  WOW!!!

On 9/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, drvoke said:

Why conservatives are constantly bragging about their cowardice is beyond me. I have a couple of guns, (I should get some more ammo), but I don't piss myself every time  a few people write some slogans on cardboard and walk down the street. I don't race to the gun store to buy more guns. Grow a pair, cons.

btw - where can I get some decent ammo?

Anywhere.  You just need the financial fortitude to afford it right now.  I will not be buying any more ammo until after Trump wins the election.  Then there will be a 2-year window in which to buy all of the ammo and assault weapons your wallet can tolerate.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, Squatchman said:

Just bought a Gen5 Glock 17 for $425.00

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

Plus all the 9mm and .223 ammo I can use for free.

It's great having connections.

Liberals are the ones buying the guns bitches.

Lots of blacks and lots of liberal women.

And for anyone who believes that conservatives are the ones with the guns,ammo and training. You just keep on believing that one.

To buy a firearm, you have to have a clean police record.  Too many liberal and Biden voters are criminals, some are career-criminals, THAT is why liberals want to do away with the police.

Only liberals, communists and criminals want to do away with the police.

Any law-abiding citizen wants MORE police, NOT LESS.

????Why are all your  "heroes" criminals/career-criminals???? ... Brown, Martin, Floyd, Garner, ETC.

The only non-criminal was the poor girl shot by mistake in her apartment.  THAT shouldn't have happened.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:10 AM, Squatchman said:

You're wrong.

I can go buy an AR 15 in town today.   AR's are everywhere, you just have to pay the going price.

Just looked at it yesterday.

FN with SigSauer rangefinder scope. $1950.00  Glass is easily available, because Leftists have not declared war on Glass.....yet.

Same place has the Glock 17 for $699.00 -  Stupid price for a Glock 17. 

Although ammo is getting expensive.  Yep, blame that on the Democrats.

150 rounds of 5.56 /62 grain FMJ was $80.00

50 rounds of 9mm goes for $35.00

Although the store does keep those 2 calibers in the back for locals.

If you really want an AR buy the kit from Palmetto State Arms.  Decent advice here.   But, if you know what you're doing you might be able to shave off a few bucks and get the same or better quality.

Put it together yourself.  Good advice - it's the only way to go with an AR. 

They have them.

5 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Like you would show up.

Puss.

FAIL!

You have NOT provided your VERIFIABLE legal name and VERIFIABLE residence address per YOUR challenge to Mirabeau.

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AND HIDING FROM MIRABEAU?

5 hours ago, Squatchman said:

I got under your skin I see.

Don't like facts do you?

I have more and know more about guns than you will ever know.

A SALAD SHOOTER is not a gun, dumbass.

Oh . . . yes.

One more thing.

You have NOT provided your VERIFIABLE legal name and VERIFIABLE residence address per YOUR challenge to Mirabeau.

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AND HIDING FROM MIRABEAU?

3 hours ago, bgr39 said:

I went with a family member to buy a handgun a few days ago.

It used to take between 4 and 8 mins for NICS to OK your gun sale.

It took almost 2 days to get OKed from NICS to buy the gun.

NICS is backed up THAT much.

The store owner said that was because so many people are buying guns for protection.  WOW!!!

I'm seeing the same thing at my LGS.

Sometimes you can't even get through to NICS, their system is crashing that often.

People who have never been delayed before are being delayed regularly now.

Most distributors are out of handguns, pump shotguns, and AR's.  One distributor lists over 2000 models of handgun in their product lists.  At last count, THREE are available; all high-dollar, high-end competition guns.

Pump shotguns in any kind of tactical/defense configuration, or even simply with barrels under 20 inches in length, were one of the first things dealers sold out of, and remain essentially nonexistent on the market.  Revolvers and semi-auto pistols are hard to get and elevated in price.  Most semi-auto rifles and shotguns are sold out, months backordered.

Ammunition?  Nationwide shortages on most popular ammo.  My LGS gets 9mm in a trickle; a box here and a box there, usually sold the instant it's unboxed.  .40 and .45 are almost as hard to come by.  10mm is available in small amounts, as is .41 and .44 Magnum.  .38 Special is hard to find and .357 Magnum is a unicorn; my LGS hasn't had a box of .357 since March.  5.56/.223 is likewise rare, and what comes in disappears pretty much instantly.  Bulk ammo is a thing of the past, at least for now.  It shows up online here and there but at scalpers' prices.  Defense shotgun ammo (OO Buck, #4 Buck, etc.) is nonexistent.  Reloading components are likewise hard to get.

Not only are sales sky high, but availability of the raw materials is low because of world-wide shortages.  Copper, brass, and lead are in short supply.  The Obama Administration shut down the last lead smelter in the U.S., so we have to import our lead from other countries; many of whom aren't shipping now.  The upsurge in online learning for students has exponentially raised demand in laptop computers and iPads, and they use copper and lead in their construction as well.

Dark times.

I'm glad I've stocked up whenever I have the chance, and have a good inventory for now.