August Shatters Another Gun Sales Record

As much as those on the extreme Left don't want to think about it - and will rationalize that this doesn't mean what it means - Americans are arming themselves and exercising their Constitutional Right to be armed more now than at any prior point in American history.  LOTS of first time buyers this time; as opposed to the "gun nuts just buying more guns" the Left is hoping this is.

We face a frightening, dark time as a nation.  I fear the violence we've seen in Portland and Kenosha will only spread unless we can figure out a better way.  I fear what this nation becomes after the election.

2020 ELECTION

Michigan Instructor: 'I have never seen a higher level of interest in guns'

•  
  •  
GettyImages-1207851439-736x500.jpg A worker restocks AR-15 guns at Davidson Defense in Orem, Utah on March 20, 2020 / Getty Images

Stephen Gutowski - SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 6:20 PM

August 2020 saw more gun sales than any other August on record as Americans continue to rush to gun stores at a record pace.

A Washington Free Beacon analysis of FBI data released on Tuesday found a 57 percent increase in sales compared to August 2019. There were at least 1.6 million sales in August 2020. Only two previous Augusts had broken a million sales, though limitations in FBI reporting means that not every gun sale is captured in the data. August represents the sixth month in a row to set a new sales record with March seeing the most gun sales of any month in the history of the FBI background check system.

Sales thus far in 2020 have soared past previous years. Sales through the first eight months of the year are up 43 percent over the previous record.

plot1-1024x640.png

"In 15 years of teaching firearm safety, I have never seen a higher level of interest in guns," Rick Ector, a Detroit-based firearms instructor, told the Washington Free Beacon. "I do not need to advertise, and my phone is constantly ringing."

A June report from the gun industry's trade group indicated dealers believed 40 percent of buyers since March have been first-time owners. The group pegged the total number of new owners at just under five million. If the estimated percentage of new owners holds for August, that would mean at least 640,000 Americans bought a gun for the first time in August. The surge in firearm owners could have a significant impact on gun politics and American elections for years to come.

Ector said the sales are driven by concerns over the pandemic, the economic downturn, and recent rioting in places like Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon. He expects the record sales to keep up through the end of the year, pointing to Democrat nominee Joe Biden's strict new gun-control policies and his lead in national polling.

"Any single issue by itself would lead to an increase of people buying guns," he said. "We have all four factors ‘in play' and the run on guns is no surprise to me."

plot2-1024x640.png

The number of checks run through the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System is not a one-to-one representation of total gun sales, but is widely considered the best gauge because the checks are required on all sales done through licensed dealers. The Free Beacon removed checks from the count that were coded for gun-carry permits or other non-gun sales to reach the final sales numbers.

Charles Fain Lehman contributed to this report.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FACTS:   Conservatives and libertarians have the guns.   Liberals do not.   Conservatives and libertarians have the ammo.   Liberals do not.   Conserv

Lefty: "yepper, there's trouble brewin' in them thar hills..."

Gen 5 Glock for $425 I can believe, because Gen 5 is junk and they go for $500-$550 retail. You didn't buy a $1000 Colt rifle for $500. Not even FFL wholesale gets that price. The aren't worth it eith

Posted Images

Why conservatives are constantly bragging about their cowardice is beyond me. I have a couple of guns, (I should get some more ammo), but I don't piss myself every time  a few people write some slogans on cardboard and walk down the street. I don't race to the gun store to buy more guns. Grow a pair, cons.

btw - where can I get some decent ammo?

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Why conservatives are constantly bragging about their cowardice is beyond me. I have a couple of guns, (I should get some more ammo), but I don't piss myself every time  a few people write some slogans on cardboard and walk down the street. I don't race to the gun store to buy more guns. Grow a pair, cons.

btw - where can I get some decent ammo?

You're deluding yourself, voke.  There are more first time shooters buying guns than at any point in history.  I know, I know; people like you think every gun surge is driven by rabid, white supremacist rednecks buying more guns to add to their already immorally large arsenals... and sometimes, in the past, that was a valid assertion; but this time is very, VERY different.

As for ammo....

Ammo is nonexistent right now.  

Obama's administration closed down the last functioning lead smelter in the U.S.; now we have to import our lead from outside the U.S.... and our usual suppliers have none to give.

There are world-wide shortages of copper and brass.

Some manufacturers are struggling to put out product to meet exploding demand; Winchester alone is over 10 BILLION rounds backordered.

Glad I have always kept a good reserve and that I handload my own ammo.  The Second American Civil War is spooling up, even as we speak.  Shots fired.

We now live in a state of War, and it behooves us to comport ourselves as such.

40 minutes ago, Spartan said:

You're deluding yourself, voke.  There are more first time shooters buying guns than at any point in history.  I know, I know; people like you think every gun surge is driven by rabid, white supremacist rednecks buying more guns to add to their already immorally large arsenals... and sometimes, in the past, that was a valid assertion; but this time is very, VERY different.

As for ammo....

Obama's administration closed down the last functioning lead smelter in the U.S.; now we have to import our lead from outside the U.S.... and our usual suppliers have none to give.

Some manufacturers are struggling to put out product to meet exploding demand; Winchester alone is over 10 BILLION rounds backordered.

Glad I have always kept a good reserve and that I handload my own ammo.  The Second American Civil War is spooling up, even as we speak.  Shots fired.

Lefty: "yepper, there's trouble brewin' in them thar hills..."

• Thumb up 1
1 hour ago, Spartan said:

As for ammo....

Not even reloads? I'm not picky. I just need them to drop someone.

Not just new gun sales, but face to face sales have gone crazy.

On the sites in Texas, prices for pre-owned firearms are up 50 - 100 - sometimes 200%.

Folks are asking $1000 for a fucking Glock! Sometimes $500 for a POS Hi-Point!

Not to mention the ammo gouging going on.

Those of us already set can just sit back and laugh.

43 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Not just new gun sales, but face to face sales have gone crazy.

On the sites in Texas, prices for pre-owned firearms are up 50 - 100 - sometimes 200%.

Folks are asking $1000 for a fucking Glock! Sometimes $500 for a POS Hi-Point!

Not to mention the ammo gouging going on.

Those of us already set can just sit back and laugh.

Just bought a Gen5 Glock 17 for $425.00

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

Plus all the 9mm and .223 ammo I can use for free.

It's great having connections.

Liberals are the ones buying the guns bitches.

Lots of blacks and lots of liberal women.

And for anyone who believes that conservatives are the ones with the guns,ammo and training. You just keep on believing that one.

2 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

And for anyone who believes that conservatives are the ones with the guns,ammo and training. You just keep on believing that one.

Hard to believe liberals are buying guns because it's liberals that want to restrict gun ownership..

Sure you got that right kid?

12 hours ago, Spartan said:

As much as those on the extreme Left don't want to think about it - and will rationalize that this doesn't mean what it means - Americans are arming themselves and exercising their Constitutional Right to be armed more now than at any prior point in American history.  LOTS of first time buyers this time; as opposed to the "gun nuts just buying more guns" the Left is hoping this is.

We face a frightening, dark time as a nation.  I fear the violence we've seen in Portland and Kenosha will only spread unless we can figure out a better way.  I fear what this nation becomes after the election.

2020 ELECTION

Michigan Instructor: 'I have never seen a higher level of interest in guns'

•  
  •  

GettyImages-1207851439-736x500.jpg A worker restocks AR-15 guns at Davidson Defense in Orem, Utah on March 20, 2020 / Getty Images

Stephen Gutowski - SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 6:20 PM

August 2020 saw more gun sales than any other August on record as Americans continue to rush to gun stores at a record pace.

A Washington Free Beacon analysis of FBI data released on Tuesday found a 57 percent increase in sales compared to August 2019. There were at least 1.6 million sales in August 2020. Only two previous Augusts had broken a million sales, though limitations in FBI reporting means that not every gun sale is captured in the data. August represents the sixth month in a row to set a new sales record with March seeing the most gun sales of any month in the history of the FBI background check system.

Sales thus far in 2020 have soared past previous years. Sales through the first eight months of the year are up 43 percent over the previous record.

plot1-1024x640.png

"In 15 years of teaching firearm safety, I have never seen a higher level of interest in guns," Rick Ector, a Detroit-based firearms instructor, told the Washington Free Beacon. "I do not need to advertise, and my phone is constantly ringing."

A June report from the gun industry's trade group indicated dealers believed 40 percent of buyers since March have been first-time owners. The group pegged the total number of new owners at just under five million. If the estimated percentage of new owners holds for August, that would mean at least 640,000 Americans bought a gun for the first time in August. The surge in firearm owners could have a significant impact on gun politics and American elections for years to come.

Ector said the sales are driven by concerns over the pandemic, the economic downturn, and recent rioting in places like Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon. He expects the record sales to keep up through the end of the year, pointing to Democrat nominee Joe Biden's strict new gun-control policies and his lead in national polling.

"Any single issue by itself would lead to an increase of people buying guns," he said. "We have all four factors ‘in play' and the run on guns is no surprise to me."

plot2-1024x640.png

The number of checks run through the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System is not a one-to-one representation of total gun sales, but is widely considered the best gauge because the checks are required on all sales done through licensed dealers. The Free Beacon removed checks from the count that were coded for gun-carry permits or other non-gun sales to reach the final sales numbers.

Charles Fain Lehman contributed to this report.

- Force of Constitutional Law -

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..."

- U.S. Constitution - Amendment II -

Second-_Amendment--620x358.jpg

RECONSTRUCTION II - Begins 04NOV20

36 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

Gen 5 Glock for $425 I can believe, because Gen 5 is junk and they go for $500-$550 retail. You didn't buy a $1000 Colt rifle for $500. Not even FFL wholesale gets that price. The aren't worth it either, unless you have to have a prancing pony on your firearm, but they never, ever sell for that. Ever.

So again, just another lying Liberal who also doesn't know shit about firearms.

Probably Googled firearms and those two came up ...

Carry on

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Hard to believe liberals are buying guns because it's liberals that want to restrict gun ownership..

Sure you got that right kid?

Doubtful squat boi could fire a cap gun...

26 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Gen 5 Glock for $425 I can believe, because Gen 5 is junk and they go for $500-$550 retail. You didn't buy a $1000 Colt rifle for $500. Not even FFL wholesale gets that price. The aren't worth it either, unless you have to have a prancing pony on your firearm, but they never, ever sell for that. Ever.

So again, just another lying Liberal who also doesn't know shit about firearms.

Probably Googled firearms and those two came up ...

Carry on

That's nothing..

dontlooknow claims he sold his McDonald's for $20 million

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

FACTS:

Conservatives and libertarians have the guns.

Liberals do not.

Conservatives and libertarians have the ammo.

Liberals do not.

Conservatives and libertarians know how to use the guns and ammo.

Liberals do not.

This will not end well for liberals.

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

The closest thing to a "gun" a drooling, blithering idiot like you has ever handled is a salad shooter.

State trooper discount.

Colt  AR 15 for $499.00.

"State trooper discount" my ass.  "Connections" my ass.  Even cops using the Blue Label program are waiting 6 months for Glocks.  Basic Gen 3 Glocks have gone for as much as $1200 on internet auction sites.

AR-15s are nonexistent on the market and even stripped receivers are like hen's teeth at this point.  There are nationwide shortages of lead, copper, and brass; Winchester is 10 BILLION - that is BILLION, with a B - rounds backorders.  Shelves are stripped of 9mm and .223/5.56.  Even LE agencies can't get ammo for training.

In short, you're a bald faced liar; spouting crap just to spout crap.

And you're no liberal.

On the other hand, yeah, lots of people who haven't bought guns before are buying them now; whatever they can get their hands on.  Violence is growing.

We are in a state of war, and should comport ourselves as such.

2 hours ago, JinnMartini said:

You have  "a couple of guns"  and you don't know where to get ammo ???

Jizz's Crisis !

I haven't been to my my local gun stores in years. And  I don't want to go, because I am sure they are not wearing masks, like most con scumbags. And I have never purchased ammo online ever. I thought you guys might know a good online store, you scumbag.

• MORON! 1
3 hours ago, Scout said:

Told you he is a rightwinger.

Spartan reveals what he is. 

You remain incapable of the intellectual flexibility to comprehend that because someone has a strong position on a given issue does not testify to his position on other issues.

Am I Pro-2nd Amendment??  You are God damned right I am.  Am I pro-Constitution?  Hell yes.

Does that make me a "rightwinger"??

Only in the minds of deluded anti-freedom extremists.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

You remain incapable of the intellectual flexibility to comprehend that because someone has a strong position on a given issue does not testify to his position on other issues.

Am I Pro-2nd Amendment??  You are God damned right I am.  Am I pro-Constitution?  Hell yes.

Only in the minds of deluded anti-freedom extremists.

I hear ya. People often mischaracterize me as a liberal because I am a woke communist. It appears you have similar detractors for opposite reasons.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

These leftist bastards hate the Constitution, so anyone who embraces it, is a rightwinger in their twisted logic !