Jump to content

Any football fans in here? Any predictions for the coming season?


Recommended Posts

I'm a Steeler fan... and am pretty jazzed about their defense AND the offense this year... I really think the Steelers are going to be close this year.  The defense last year was REALLY good... and the Offense had some REALLY good players also... Just NO QB to make it all go.  My biggest concern this year is Big Ben... I'm hoping against hope that he stays healthy, AND that he TRULY wants those last 2 super bowls he's talked about... They picked up a HUGE WR in the draft, who may become a TE at some point... Chase Claypool out of ND... 6'4", 240 lbs... and fast !!  He could be a MONSTER against most DB's... AND THEN free agent TE Eric Ebron... who if he can avoid the injury bug, along with Claypool, could give Ben a LOT of EXCELLENT targets...

 

With a little luck, MAYBE Super Bowl win #7 ??  There are a LOT of good teams out there though... I would just like to be in the MIX !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... hate the edit button location ... 

Yea... but the Steelers have so many great weapons this year... In addition to Claypool (a rookie), they have Ju Ju (Smith Schuster), Dionte Johnson, James Washington, Ray Ray McClowd, and Eric Ebron.

1 hour ago, ConservativeVoice said:

I'm a Steeler fan... and am pretty jazzed about their defense AND the offense this year... I really think the Steelers are going to be close this year.  The defense last year was REALLY good... and the Offense had some REALLY good players also... Just NO QB to make it all go.  My biggest concern this year is Big Ben... I'm hoping against hope that he stays healthy, AND that he TRULY wants those last 2 super bowls he's talked about... They picked up a HUGE WR in the draft, who may become a TE at some point... Chase Claypool out of ND... 6'4", 240 lbs... and fast !!  He could be a MONSTER against most DB's... AND THEN free agent TE Eric Ebron... who if he can avoid the injury bug, along with Claypool, could give Ben a LOT of EXCELLENT targets...

 

With a little luck, MAYBE Super Bowl win #7 ??  There are a LOT of good teams out there though... I would just like to be in the MIX !!

 

I don't much about the steelers but the chiefs ahem won last year and patrick mahomes is still the quarterback and most of the team is still there at his request... and kc is hoping for another good year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I predict a lot of over paid pussies getting on their knees, while people in mask applaud them. 

 

Yea.. they need to be careful about all of that... because at the end of the day, people like sports because it's an escape... IF they insist on conflating the two... and THINK people will STILL watch?  I KNOW they are going to loose fans !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ConservativeVoice said:

 

Yea.. they need to be careful about all of that... because at the end of the day, people like sports because it's an escape... IF they insist on conflating the two... and THINK people will STILL watch?  I KNOW they are going to loose fans !!

It pisses me off , because I’ve finally started enjoying the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

It pisses me off , because I’ve finally started enjoying the game. 

 

I'll tell you what... I've been a HUGE football fan since I was 10 years old, and watched Joe Namath beat the Colts in Super Bowl III... HOWEVER, I consider the politicization of the game an attack... on ME, AND what I believe... I would rather keep the two things separate, BUT, if push comes to shove, I will WALK away from the NFL... and SCREW them ALL !!

 

I will start watching NCAA football... and MAYBE even High School if it comes to that... and I'm VERY serious about it !!  ...and I think there are a LOT of people who feel the same... I wonder how many fans they will lose if they TRY to push it? 

 

I would say MANY MILLIONS!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Afc championship game: BAL vs. KC. Baltimore wins 35-31 with kc's serviceable but not great offensive line being the deciding factor 

 

NFC Championship game: NO vs. DAL. NO wins 27-24. Brees and Kamara are too much in the end as DAL is weak on the DL away from Boise state alum, Demarcus Lawrence.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Afc championship game: BAL vs. KC. Baltimore wins 35-31 with kc's serviceable but not great offensive line being the deciding factor 

 

NFC Championship game: NO vs. DAL. NO wins 27-24. Brees and Kamara are too much in the end as DAL is weak on the DL away from Boise state alum, Demarcus Lawrence.

 

hhmmmm, we will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Afc championship game: BAL vs. KC. Baltimore wins 35-31 with kc's serviceable but not great offensive line being the deciding factor 

 

NFC Championship game: NO vs. DAL. NO wins 27-24. Brees and Kamara are too much in the end as DAL is weak on the DL away from Boise state alum, Demarcus Lawrence.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Any football fans in here?

 

 

I was.    But not this year however.  

 

And won't be until the NFL and college teams get their collective heads screwed back on and issue a mea culpa for abject STUPIDITY.

 

And stay the hell out of politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/1/2020 at 10:15 PM, impartialobserver said:

Afc championship game: BAL vs. KC. Baltimore wins 35-31 with kc's serviceable but not great offensive line being the deciding factor 

 

NFC Championship game: NO vs. DAL. NO wins 27-24. Brees and Kamara are too much in the end as DAL is weak on the DL away from Boise state alum, Demarcus Lawrence.

 

 

Well, repeating in the NFL is REALLY hard, so I wouldn't bet on KC... something about the aura and satisfaction of being champs, just makes it hard to play HUNGRY... and I'm not sure if Lamar Jackson will be able to repeat his success of last year... sometimes it takes a year for the rest of the NFL to figure out how to stop a "seemingly" dominant QB... THAT would be THIS year !

 

NO and Dallas... seem like as good of choices as any...

 

But ME... I'm expecting the Steelers Defense to be BETTER than last year... with multiple ALL STAR talent at EVERY position.... DL, LB, and DB... THEIR LOADED !!

 

AND, an Offense that, if Big Ben stays healthy, COULD be SCARY GOOD.  It's combination of young ALL Stars coming into their own (JU-JU, James Conner, Benny Snell, Dionte Johnson, James Washington)...  Grizzled Vets who WANT a bite at the SB apple (Rothlisberger, Pouncey, Decastro), Promising re-treads from other teams (Eric Ebron, Derek Watt, Stephan Wisniewski), and FREAKY good rookies ( Chase Claypool, 6'4", 240lb WR who can run, Kevin Dotson, 6'4", 321lb Road grader OL, Anthony McFarland... who MIGHT be the best RB on the team !!  But, If Ben gets hurt... all bets are off !

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ConservativeVoice said:

 

 

Well, repeating in the NFL is REALLY hard, so I wouldn't bet on KC... something about the aura and satisfaction of being champs, just makes it hard to play HUNGRY... and I'm not sure if Lamar Jackson will be able to repeat his success of last year... sometimes it takes a year for the rest of the NFL to figure out how to stop a "seemingly" dominant QB... THAT would be THIS year !

 

NO and Dallas... seem like as good of choices as any...

 

But ME... I'm expecting the Steelers Defense to be BETTER than last year... with multiple ALL STAR talent at EVERY position.... DL, LB, and DB... THEIR LOADED !!

 

AND, an Offense that, if Big Ben stays healthy, COULD be SCARY GOOD.  It's combination of young ALL Stars coming into their own (JU-JU, James Conner, Benny Snell, Dionte Johnson, James Washington)...  Grizzled Vets who WANT a bite at the SB apple (Rothlisberger, Pouncey, Decastro), Promising re-treads from other teams (Eric Ebron, Derek Watt, Stephan Wisniewski), and FREAKY good rookies ( Chase Claypool, 6'4", 240lb WR who can run, Kevin Dotson, 6'4", 321lb Road grader OL, Anthony McFarland... who MIGHT be the best RB on the team !!  But, If Ben gets hurt... all bets are off !

 

 

 

the chiefs want to win even  more, they are not complacent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ConservativeVoice said:

 

EVERY team SAYS that... EVERY year... but the FACT IS that it's only happened 8 times in 57 years...

 

Out of the question?  No... but not likely !

 

the team is staying together mostly. the qb wants to keep the same team. they are a close knit group. I don't have a crystal ball but I am  hoping for a good year again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ConservativeVoice said:

 

 

Well, repeating in the NFL is REALLY hard, so I wouldn't bet on KC... something about the aura and satisfaction of being champs, just makes it hard to play HUNGRY... and I'm not sure if Lamar Jackson will be able to repeat his success of last year... sometimes it takes a year for the rest of the NFL to figure out how to stop a "seemingly" dominant QB... THAT would be THIS year !

 

NO and Dallas... seem like as good of choices as any...

 

But ME... I'm expecting the Steelers Defense to be BETTER than last year... with multiple ALL STAR talent at EVERY position.... DL, LB, and DB... THEIR LOADED !!

 

AND, an Offense that, if Big Ben stays healthy, COULD be SCARY GOOD.  It's combination of young ALL Stars coming into their own (JU-JU, James Conner, Benny Snell, Dionte Johnson, James Washington)...  Grizzled Vets who WANT a bite at the SB apple (Rothlisberger, Pouncey, Decastro), Promising re-treads from other teams (Eric Ebron, Derek Watt, Stephan Wisniewski), and FREAKY good rookies ( Chase Claypool, 6'4", 240lb WR who can run, Kevin Dotson, 6'4", 321lb Road grader OL, Anthony McFarland... who MIGHT be the best RB on the team !!  But, If Ben gets hurt... all bets are off !

 

 

I will say that there are 3 teams that simply do the draft right. They may not get All Pro players with every pick but they get it right more often than not and never swing and miss terribly (Tim Tebow, Jamarcus Russell, Brandon Weeden). Those teams are Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Minnesota. Steelers year in and year out play the draft right and therefore never bottom out completely. Even with no Big Ben, they were not too far out of playoff contention. Needless to say, I have great respect for that organization. If I was a pro football player and ended up there, I would relish it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, ConservativeVoice said:

I'm a Steeler fan... and am pretty jazzed about their defense AND the offense this year... I really think the Steelers are going to be close this year.  The defense last year was REALLY good... and the Offense had some REALLY good players also... Just NO QB to make it all go.  My biggest concern this year is Big Ben... I'm hoping against hope that he stays healthy, AND that he TRULY wants those last 2 super bowls he's talked about... They picked up a HUGE WR in the draft, who may become a TE at some point... Chase Claypool out of ND... 6'4", 240 lbs... and fast !!  He could be a MONSTER against most DB's... AND THEN free agent TE Eric Ebron... who if he can avoid the injury bug, along with Claypool, could give Ben a LOT of EXCELLENT targets...

 

With a little luck, MAYBE Super Bowl win #7 ??  There are a LOT of good teams out there though... I would just like to be in the MIX !!

You're watching football. You should be a shamed of yourself. I guess you're falling for the systemic racist BS. Hey to each his own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 11:48 PM, Imgreatagain said:

I predict a lot of over paid pussies getting on their knees, while people in mask applaud them. 

You got it. Not going there, or will I watch any other team that bows to the lies of the left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 11:45 PM, BeAChooser said:

... hate the edit button location ... 

I also don't like the fact that you can only see the top of the picture of posts and have to open it up all the way to see the whole thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, ConservativeVoice said:

I'm a Steeler fan... and am pretty jazzed about their defense AND the offense this year... I really think the Steelers are going to be close this year.  The defense last year was REALLY good... and the Offense had some REALLY good players also... Just NO QB to make it all go.  My biggest concern this year is Big Ben... I'm hoping against hope that he stays healthy, AND that he TRULY wants those last 2 super bowls he's talked about... They picked up a HUGE WR in the draft, who may become a TE at some point... Chase Claypool out of ND... 6'4", 240 lbs... and fast !!  He could be a MONSTER against most DB's... AND THEN free agent TE Eric Ebron... who if he can avoid the injury bug, along with Claypool, could give Ben a LOT of EXCELLENT targets...

 

With a little luck, MAYBE Super Bowl win #7 ??  There are a LOT of good teams out there though... I would just like to be in the MIX !!

119060485_146421100465141_4450931451892262468_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=tr_F7oJoNdgAX_XiKCC&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=5ec704cb566f85a5d0932c37ce1d1c86&oe=5F83BEEC

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I’ve spent countless sundays watching football to appease other people. 
smh 

I took a knee to the NFL when Colin took his knee. NFL is "done".

 

Friends do not let friends watch the NFL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...