The clown has lost the military

Just now, whiteboy said:

Apologize for what?

If you took your oath in the Navy in 1968 you would have either enlisted in said Navy, or been drafted into said Navy ... only two options.

Then you would have gone through boot at Great Lakes, and been sent to Nam ... period.

PERIOD?  You clearly don't know what you are talking about.  I took my oath in June of '68 in Tecumseh Court.... do you know where that is?  Is it the large brick courtyard outside of Bancroft Hall at the United States Naval Academy.  I walked in a civilian.... raised my hand,  took the oath, and when I put it down, I was a Midshipman Fourth Class, U.S. Navy,  and I started my four long, hard years at Annapolis.   After I graduated, I served in the surface Navy for 21 years.   I never enlisted... I was never drafted.  

Clearly, you don't know shit from fat meat, little snot nosed  prick.

7 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Then you would have gone through boot at Great Lakes, and been sent to Nam ... period.

oh...and FYI.... the only NAVY sailors that were in country were corpsmen or river boat crew.... that made up a minuscule portion of the navy.  The VAST majority of the US NAVY never set foot in Vietnam. You really should stick to a subject you know something about..... video games, maybe?

2 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

That is called enlisting idiot ...

no.... it's not.  Midshipmen are not enlisted.  Sorry.  Clearly, you should quit while you're behind.

Oh.. and another FYI....  up until '97, ENLISTED sailors could go to not only Great Lakes, but San Diego as well.

5 minutes ago, maineman said:

oh...and FYI.... the only NAVY sailors that were in country were corpsmen or river boat crew.... that made up a minuscule portion of the navy.  The VAST majority of the US NAVY never set foot in Vietnam. You really should stick to a subject you know something about..... video games, maybe?

You would have thought with the SEALS now being some of the baddest mother fuckers on the planet, that wouldn't have been the case. But for someone reason my relatives never respected Navy veterans the same way they did Army and Marines where they served ... except my grandfather who was Navy in WWII ... so I guess what you are saying may be the reason.

I respect all branches equally.

1 minute ago, maineman said:

I worked on the Detroit Marine boat engines & the Jacuzzi Jet drives. Wallowing in fucking muck, cleaning out the drives & picking off leeches. Very glamorous - very romantic.

17 minutes ago, maineman said:

PERIOD?  You clearly don't know what you are talking about.  I took my oath in June of '68 in Tecumseh Court.... do you know where that is?  Is it the large brick courtyard outside of Bancroft Hall at the United States Naval Academy.  I walked in a civilian.... raised my hand,  took the oath, and when I put it down, I was a Midshipman Fourth Class, U.S. Navy,  and I started my four long, hard years at Annapolis.   After I graduated, I served in the surface Navy for 21 years.   I never enlisted... I was never drafted.  

Clearly, you don't know shit from fat meat, little snot nosed  prick.

Whiteboy:

DeLallo Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 16.9 oz.

13 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Had three uncles in Nam .... one I spoke of, one did a tour and that was it, and the other went AWOL and was caught and sent back for four years. Came home really fucked up from what he said he had seen ... and done. Grandfather was in WWII in the South Pacific .... another uncle in Korea.

Gee, after all that, they oughta give you the highly valued ASA,"Avuncular Service Award".

My Uncle Jay was drafted into the Marines in 1944, they sent him to Hawaii as part of the Japanese Invasion Force, but it turned out that Japanese did not require invading. He spent two and a half years writing letters to politicians to send him home, he went on shore leave, got drunk and got a really ugly tattoo and finally came back in December, 1946.

3 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

I worked on the Detroit Marine boat engines & the Jacuzzi Jet drives. Wallowing in fucking muck, cleaning out the drives & picking off leeches. Very glamorous - very romantic.

I wanted to be on a sub; but Vietnam may have been a blessing in disguise. We lost the Scorpion during the period of my enlistment.

10 minutes ago, maineman said:

"The VAST majority of the US NAVY never set foot in Vietnam"

"I started my four long, hard years at Annapolis.   After I graduated, I served in the surface Navy for 21 years.   I never enlisted... I was never drafted"

So you brag about being a Veteran, but yet really didn't contribute much?

If I were you, I would probably just never tell anyone that again ...

3 minutes ago, whiteboy said:
enlist
verb

uk

/ɪnˈlɪst/ us

/ɪnˈlɪst/

enlist verb (JOIN)

the word is not used in that fashion in the US military.  sorry.  Naval Academy midshipmen do not enlist.  I did NOT have to go to boot camp in Great Lakes and all graduates of Great Lakes did not go to Vietnam.... you are just wrong on multiple levels.

Midshipman do not take an oath of ENLISTMENT... they take an oath of OFFICE:

HAVING BEEN APPOINTED A MIDSHIPMAN IN THE UNITED STATES NAVY, I SOLEMNLY SWEAR (OR AFFIRM) THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; THAT I TAKE THIS OBLIGATION FREELY, WITHOUT ANY MENTAL RESERVATION OR PURPOSE OF EVASION; AND THAT I WILL WELL AND FAITHFULLY DISCHARGE THE DUTIES OF THE OFFICE ON WHICH I AM ABOUT TO ENTER, SO HELP ME GOD.

4 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

So you brag about being a Veteran, but yet really didn't contribute much?

If I were you, I would probably just never tell anyone that again ...

^^^ from a snot nosed little prick who's never been to sea.

I am very proud of my naval service.  And here you are... after having your ass handed to you REPEATEDLY... what you have left is to denigrate the service of someone who served in harm's way on YOUR behalf for a quarter of century.  How classy.... your mom and dad would be so proud.  

We're done.  You're dismissed.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Whiteboy likes to claim credit for his uncle's service losing a useless war in a place of no real threat to the USA.

Whiteboy needs to be more introspective.Otherwise, he will never aspire to be white MAN or better yet White MENSCH.

At present, he has failed to be more than another bigoted racist Southern a-hole.

I think it likely that Xavier will always assert that resisting communism is useless.

8 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Yeah, and you fucking enlisted ...

no.  I did not.  the oath of enlistment is entirely different.

you're a snot nosed punk who tried to talk like you were this military expert and you got you ass HANDED to you over and over and over and over again.... Hey.... it's mid afternoon.  I have taken my daily walk with my dog.... dinner is all ready to cook... my wife is in our home gym on her spin bike for another hour or so.... I'm perfectly happy making you look like a moron for as long as you care to play.  Like I said... denigrating career military personnel is SO classy... be sure and tell your folks that's how you spent your afternoon.

8 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

All dead ...

Go walk your dog again and stop pretending to be ex-military.

I'm not pretending anything kid.

Clearly, you didn't know what you were talking about and I showed you.

Do you think your folks would be proud of your performance today if they WERE still alive?