Black man wanted for attempted murder shoots cop trying to arrest him....Why didn't they send a social worker?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-officer-shot-suspect-killed-gun-battle-police

Florida police shot and killed a man wanted for attempted murder on Saturday after the suspect opened fire on officers, striking one of them during a “gun battle," officials said.

The officer was hit in his bullet-proof vest and suffered a bruise to his chest from the impact, Daytona Beach Police Chief Craig Capri told reporters. A second officer tripped during the gunfire and injured his head and neck. Both officers were in “great spirits” at a hospital, according to Capri, and were expected to recover from their injuries.

2 hours ago, Z09 said:

Harris was wanted for attempted murder, police said.

Thank you for alerting us to this subhuman savage and also send my thanks to Chief Capri as well then, please, do tell readers where was your thread you created for instances like this:

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

One friend of the suspect’s referred to him as a “good kid” who got in with the wrong crowd.

Ooooh, that splains everything...

• Like 1

If only the Community Safety Engineers had replaced armed cops before this incident, that poor guy would be alive.

Of course, several CSEs would be dead, but who cares, right? BLM

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

One friend of the suspect’s referred to him as a “good kid” who got in with the wrong crowd.

I love when their Mother says...."He was turning his life around..."

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Z09 said:

I love when their Mother says...."He was turning his life around..."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I'll start using that one to.

His mother said he was a good kid who got in with the wrong crowd.

One friend of the suspect’s said he was turning his life around.

Another said he wanted to be either a basketball player, a rap singer or join the Marine Corps.