Tucker rips lack of coverage of DC mass shooting, claims media silent to help Biden campaign

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-washington-dc-mass-shooting-coverage

Tucker rips lack of coverage of DC mass shooting, claims media silent to help Biden campaign

… snip video …

The single biggest U.S. mass shooting of 2020 occurred over the weekend in Washington, but because the story didn't "help the Biden campaign," it went largely unreported on, Tucker Carlson said Monday.

"Twenty-one people were shot in this single incident ... more than half of them were women. One was a D.C. Police officer. It was the single biggest mass shooting in America this year and yet you probably heard nothing about it," the "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-dc-shooting-neighborhood-dead

… snip video …

"Members of Congress didn’t lock arms on the House floor to demand an end to the gun violence, CNN didn't book a procession of weepy teenage gun-control activists ... news organizations barely touched the story and when they did, they moved fast," Carlson continued. "It wouldn't help the Biden campaign to talk about it, so they didn't talk about it. "

The shooting took place at a large gathering early Sunday in a residential neighborhood in southeast Washington D.C. A teenager was killed and 20 others were wounded at the scene.  The Washington, D.C. police officer who was wounded is said to be "fighting for her life."

"As far as we can tell, neither CNN or MSNBC even mentioned it today," Carlson said. "Now they acted like it didn't happen, but it did happen. Twenty-one African-Americans shot by gunmen and yet the media spent all weekend telling you about how Simon Cowell fell off his electric bike in Malibu because really, Black Lives Matter."

The episode is an obvious example of the media's glaring double standard, Carlson said.

"Dead bodies don't count unless they are politically useful dead bodies."

Any comment LF leftists ... or are you going to join most of the MSM in ignoring this story too?

3 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

Why would he say that since it was President Trump's fault.

4c03943abc22c0bb6e08d4fd02146641.jpg

10 minutes ago, nuckin futz said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Adam Best @adamcbest USPS ran like clockwork. There was no reason to touch it. But this is what Republicans do. They falsely claim government doesn't work. Then they sabotage government to prove themselves right and find ways to benefit from that destructive process. Trump needs to leave the USPS alone! Do you agree? CALL TO ACTIVISM'

Ran like clockwork?

LOL

And what does the USPS have to do with the MSM burying a news story for political expediency?

Just now, nuckin futz said:

Image may contain: text that says 'Are any of you out there fully prepared for a future WITHOUT Social Security benefits? Just curious....Be honest'

Hey nutz... why do you lefty loons always want to hijack a thread with something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OP?

Be honest!

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

Ran like clockwork?

LOL

And what does the USPS have to do with the MSM burying a news story for political expediency?

On time, every time! 98% . Why do you hate the USPO? Do I have to tell you what's going on with the new guy trying to sabotage mail-in ballots?

lol he changes the topic.

The USPS will go away like the pony express. The only time I come in contact with my.mail is to throw away the mountain of CRAP that is put in my mailbox.  You cannot stop spam mail at the post office. It is horrible. I hope the post goes awaqy.

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

Hey nutz... why do you lefty loons always want to hijack a thread with something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OP?

Be honest!

Why? Because I can! I have to put it somewhere! Now go take a good shit, and you will feel better! LMAO!

1 minute ago, nuckin futz said:

On time, every time! 98% . Why do you hate the USPO? Do I have to tell you what's going on with the new guy trying to sabotage mail-in ballots?

Why don't you make a thread about it instead of hijacking someone else's topic?

This thread is about the MSM burying Democrat supported lawlessness in DC for political purposes!

Why? Because I can! I have to put it somewhere! Now go take a good shit, and you will feel better! LMAO!

Lying crying liberal asswipes

2 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

lol he changes the topic.

The USPS will go away like the pony express. The only time I come in contact with my.mail is to throw away the mountain of CRAP that is put in my mailbox.  You cannot stop spam mail at the post office. It is horrible. I hope the post goes awaqy.

You just don't grasp the issue!

3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Why don't you make a thread about it instead of hijacking someone else's topic?

This thread is about the MSM burying Democrat supported lawlessness in DC for political purposes!

Maybe I will! If I have time.

How about starting your own topic and let it stand on it's own merit?

Oh wait...

I found stories on this mass shooting on abc, cbs, cnn, WaPo, WSJ, and Tucker’s own Fox News, and that was just on the first page and not counting all the local coverage. 

I had also heard about it on Chicago news radio and read about it in the QC Times. 

tucker is full of shit: and BeachOozer is Santorumming it. 

54 minutes ago, theLion said:

I found stories on this mass shooting on abc, cbs, cnn, WaPo, WSJ, and Tucker’s own Fox News, and that was just on the first page and not counting all the local coverage. 

I had also heard about it on Chicago news radio and read about it in the QC Times. 

tucker is full of shit: and BeachOozer is Santorumming it. 

What Tucker said is that "you probably heard nothing about it."   And I'm guessing that's true in your case, Lion, since you didn't say one word about it on this forum until I started this thread.  And aren't you're a gun control fanatic who loves using mass shootings to push the topic?   If not you, then certainly other leftists on this forum are ... so why didn't they mention it if this was as widely covered as you claim?     You have an answer for that, Lion?

Furthermore, Tucker didn't say the MSM didn't report it like you implied.   He said "news organizations barely touched the story and when they did, they moved fast".     And of course he was talking about reporting prior to when he aired his story.   And it seems to me that's true.     You say you found reports on ABC, CBS, CNN and the WP?   Well link us to them.   Let's see the date of them because mind you ... the shooting took place on Sunday so were they timely ... or did they wait a whole day to say anything?  And let's see what sort of reporting they did ...  how much coverage they actually gave the story.   

For example, this ABC article (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/dc-officials-condemn-horrific-mass-shootings-cookout-72289235 ) appeared yesterday but look how brief it is?   And just as Tucker complained, almost as much of the article concerns the crowd violating the social distancing orders of the government as the actual shooting.   See for yourself ...

The large crowded public block party also constituted a flagrant violation of Bowser's COVID-19 restrictions, which ban public gatherings of more than 50 people. The annual public cookout had been widely advertised on social media and videos show hundreds of attendees.

Newsham said he was “very concerned that a gathering of that size was able to gather .... We will take a look as to whether that could have been handled in a better way." 

Police officers were present at the time of the shootings, however Newsham said there were “not enough police officers on the scene to handle a crowd of that size.” 

Bowser said she is counting on the community to cooperate in enforcing pandemic social distancing guidelines, and said that sending in the police to break up a block party may have prompted a negative reaction — especially at a time when the country is struggling with longstanding questions of police brutality and heavy-handed tactics.

“We don't think it's OK for a block party to grow to that size. And at the same time I'm saying that, there's other people saying, ‘Well you can't send the police in, Bowser. That's just going to cause more trouble.' So there is a conundrum,” she said. “Human beings want to be together and we get that. But we need people to stay socially distanced, wear a mask and by all means, don't settle your problems with guns."

Like Tucker said, Newsham and the media seem to think the bigger problem was violating the COVID-19 restrictions than the shooting of so many people.  

Strange set of priorities.

Looks like theLion ran off after I replied to him.  But I thought I'd poke his dead carcass one more time.   Because this is an important story.   He wanted us to believe the leftist MSM are fair in covering shootings.   Well here’s one more they seem to have missed for the most part.    It involves a five year old boy, Cannon Hinnant, 

31822048-8615711-image-m-4_1597154213571

who was out riding his bike in his own front yard when a black man, Darius Sessoms, a neighbor, walked up and shot him point blank, killing him.   He did it right in front of his two sisters, 7 and 8.  Motive is yet undetermined.    You’ll find coverage of this story in the dailymail, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8615711/Five-year-old-boy-riding-bike-shot-dead-neighbor-25-two-sisters.html  but very little attention, IF ANY, was paid to it by the US mainstream media.   Sure, there are stories by the local media outlets … and in papers like the New York Post or Washington Times … but little can be found in the big, liberal, national media outlets.  People looked for the story …

… and couldn’t find it.   I did a Google Search on the phrase “Darius Sessoms Cannon Hinnant” within the last week, and got just 18 hits .. and not one of them was a leftist mainstream media outlet.  Half of them were from foreign media outlets.   There’s certainly no wall to wall, 24/7, coverage by CNN, PBS, ABC, or NBC … or front page coverage by the WaPo, LATimes, or NYTimes … and no mobs of people out demanding justice, like there would be if the boy was black and the man was white.   Why is that Lion?   Do white lives not matter to the MSM?   Does this story just not fit the agenda the leftist MSM is trying to sell us during this election year?  So it would seem …  :angry:

21 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

What objective metric is there to show that it was "unreported". I do not watch standard news and only hear about events at the end of the day when I relax and go through my facebook wall. 

It's not all about you.