Consumer capitalism DEPENDS on people never being satisfied.

The motto "he who dies with the most toys, wins" has become the motto of our times.

Eventually everyone does, leaving behind a three ton pile of unrecycled plastic behind.

2 hours ago, maineman said:

A long article, to be sure, but SO worth the time to read it.  I am sure that the clown squad troglodytes won't take the time (too many big words), but I am pretty sure that many of my friends on here will.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/?fbclid=IwAR3Dg5yl6INXNmhtBvZ_I4avlffAHnLVXbZPcadd-aB3Hs2NmBovPi0Tp-A

An interesting hit piece aimed directly at Trump. Unfortunately short on details on how to better handle the virus which is understandable....specifics can be analyzed and scrutinized. 

I wish the piece would have been evenhanded instead of “Trump bad,” and work backward from that. 

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

Not only that, they want more!

They will never be satisfied.

Gee, one way to satisfy the liberals/leftists is to ban any political party except the people's communist party (Democrat) and do away with the Constitution and let the leftist rule as a communist dictatorship.

......................................... I'm SURE they (leftist) would STILL find SOMETHING to bitch about and someone to hate ................. SIGH!!!

21 minutes ago, bgr39 said:

I read the piece of shit and reading it made me puke!                      :)  :)

you didn't read it.  don't lie.

3 hours ago, maineman said:

A long article, to be sure, but SO worth the time to read it.  I am sure that the clown squad troglodytes won't take the time (too many big words), but I am pretty sure that many of my friends on here will.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/?fbclid=IwAR3Dg5yl6INXNmhtBvZ_I4avlffAHnLVXbZPcadd-aB3Hs2NmBovPi0Tp-A

Psssst. SHITSTAIN.

CANCER will kill over 650,000 THIS YEAR ALONE. AND THAT is just in the UNITED STATES!!!!

So where is the "anthropological essay"- aka OPINION- regarding THAT disaster???

Oh, and there is NO CURE in site and NO VACCINE or any OTHER "treatment" we can claim is effective in all cases.

It must REALLY SUCK being THIS easy to manipulate by your PROPAGANDISTS AND HANDLERS like YOU are.

2 minutes ago, maineman said:

It's an ENTIRE "essay" that happens to be someones OPINION without one iota of anything "factual"!!!

Just think @maineman, 650,000 CANCER DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES!!! NO protests, no marches, NO "opinion pieces", NO NOTHING!!!!!

5 minutes ago, maineman said:

What do you care, anyway, COWARD?

As you've boasted to us repeatedly, ““I live a wonderful life.”

As America burns, you’ll just have another “out of this world” meal at The Lost Kitchen.  Right?

And you don’t need to worry about the state of the economy.  

As you indicated, that $80,000 to $100,000 a year retirement that you get from the military ... is just “pocket change”.

16 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

Psssst. SHITSTAIN.

CANCER will kill over 650,000 THIS YEAR ALONE. AND THAT is just in the UNITED STATES!!!!

So where is the "anthropological essay"- aka OPINION- regarding THAT disaster???

Oh, and there is NO CURE in site and NO VACCINE or any OTHER "treatment" we can claim is effective in all cases.

It must REALLY SUCK being THIS easy to manipulate by your PROPAGANDISTS AND HANDLERS like YOU are.

Cancer is not highly contagious.

oops.

16 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

It's an ENTIRE "essay" that happens to be someones OPINION without one iota of anything "factual"!!!

Just think @maineman, 650,000 CANCER DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES!!! NO protests, no marches, NO "opinion pieces", NO NOTHING!!!!!

are you suggesting that the author's data about the capabilities of American industry in WWII is not factual?    Oh yeah..we both know you didn't read that far.

Again... cancer is not contagious.

1 hour ago, bgr39 said:

??????? the Washington Post???????   I KNEW that you weren't smart enough to think up THAT lie by yourself!   ROTFLMFAO

WAPO and CNN report the TRUTH! Which you cannot stand!