Jump to content

I am done with the black experience


Recommended Posts

Growing up I enjoyed stories from the civil rights movement. The struggle people fought to remove systemic racism and deeply ingrained bigotry were inspiring. The cause was clear and noble. I cried watching Glory and Roots, loved almost every film Denzel ever starred in. 

 

Blm, in trying to refight the civil rights movement using hard-core gangsters and thugs dying at the hands of law abiding citizens as replacements for everyday blacks in the south, is souring me on the black experience. I no longer care about the struggle. I see the opportunity the black community gained and squandered with the civil rights victories. Many gave up fathers in exchange for welfare checks. Many decided that academic achievement or legal business success was selling out ones race. Scream about black lives matter to those holding down the black community, better bring a mirror though. I no longer care.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Growing up I enjoyed stories from the civil rights movement. The struggle people fought to remove systemic racism and deeply ingrained bigotry were inspiring. The cause was clear and noble. I cried wa

I like Denzel... Motown... And Martin Luther King...   But BLM is nothing more than a group of racists

No...they aren't.  It's not the fault of right wingers that idiots on the left (and that would be most on the left) chose to use the word "defund"...and they still use it.  Words have meanings (you wo

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Growing up I enjoyed stories from the civil rights movement. The struggle people fought to remove systemic racism and deeply ingrained bigotry were inspiring. The cause was clear and noble. I cried watching Glory and Roots, loved almost every film Denzel ever starred in. 

 

Blm, in trying to refight the civil rights movement using hard-core gangsters and thugs dying at the hands of law abiding citizens as replacements for everyday blacks in the south, is souring me on the black experience. I no longer care about the struggle. I see the opportunity the black community gained and squandered with the civil rights victories. Many gave up fathers in exchange for welfare checks. Many decided that academic achievement or legal business success was selling out ones race. Scream about black lives matter to those holding down the black community, better bring a mirror though. I no longer care.

 

Agree with everything you just said.

 

Still like a good Denzel movie though ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

 

Agree with everything you just said.

 

Still like a good Denzel movie though ...

I like Denzel...

Motown...

And Martin Luther King...

 

But BLM is nothing more than a group of racists

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

It is not logical to think all Black think and act the same any more that to think White people all act and think the same.

Somebody better tell Sleepy Joe...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I see no evidence that he does not know this.

 

Here is   your evidence  in  his own  words

 

 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/06/biden-suggests-black-community-not-as-diverse-as-latino/

 

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It is not logical to think all Black think and act the same

 

 

Biden says  exactly that  right there

 

"The former veep made the eyebrow-raising comments during a roundtable interview with black and Hispanic reporters Wednesday when he was asked if he would “re-engage” with Cuba’s Communist government — something that could become an issue for Cuban American voters.

“Yes,” Biden said, before claiming Latino Americans have far more diverse ideas and beliefs than African Americans.

“By the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things,” he claimed.

“You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you’re in Arizona. So, it’s a very diverse community,” he continued.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It is not logical to think all Black think and act the same any more that to think White people all act and think the same.

Not everyone that sympathizes with BLM agrees with everyone else in BLM, either.

Joe Biden says that all negroes think alike.

 

So, you are stating that Joe Biden is a liar?

 

(Watch this, folks!)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It is not logical to think all Black think and act the same any more that to think White people all act and think the same.

Not everyone that sympathizes with BLM agrees with everyone else in BLM, either.

I don't think all blacks are monolithic in thought. There are a few that have come out against blm. 4 out of 5 want an increase in police or policing maintained at the same level, so it's somewhat heartening to hear the defund message isn't resonating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NeoConvict said:

I don't think all blacks are monolithic in thought. There are a few that have come out against blm. 4 out of 5 want an increase in police or policing maintained at the same level, so it's somewhat heartening to hear the defund message isn't resonating. 

Defunding is a poor name for what is actually proposed, and many of the right wingers seems to be deliberately misunderstanding what it is all about.

Arresting mentally ill people and sending them to prison is all the police can do, and is does not cure them

Drug addiction cannot be cured with a billy club of jail.

Domestic violence requires counseling. Cops have no training for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Denzel   likely votes Trump

Absolutely ---- Denzel Washington He donates millions of his own salary every year to the "Fischer house" foundation. The media has chosen to ignore this because its to help wounded vets

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Defunding is a poor name for what is actually proposed, and many of the right wingers seems to be deliberately misunderstanding what it is all about.

Arresting mentally ill people and sending them to prison is all the police can do, and is does not cure them

Drug addiction cannot be cured with a billy club of jail.

Domestic violence requires counseling. Cops have no training for that.

It's not a subtle message that most intend when they say defund the police. I am well aware of the spin has been forwarded, that they really mean redirect the funds from police to social services and mental health. Those carrying the signs and screaming about frying pigs like bacon are not promoting this. They call the institution of law enforcement in the nation as corrupt and racist at It's root and it needs to be destroyed before it can be rebuilt. They aren't calling for more mental health professionals, they are calling for the destruction of the nations law enforcement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

many of the right wingers seems to be deliberately misunderstanding what it is all about.

 

No...they aren't.  It's not the fault of right wingers that idiots on the left (and that would be most on the left) chose to use the word "defund"...and they still use it.  Words have meanings (you would think a former educator would remember that).  In this case the word means "prevent from continuing to receive funds" (emphasis mine).

 

So tell us, oh wise one, when you defund (or reduce funding) to the police and give that money to another area, exactly what part of the budget are you going to cut?  Are you going to reduce the number of officers on the force (kill union jobs) or cut their pay (violate the CBA)?  Are you going to cut the training budget?  Are you going to cut maintenance on buildings and vehicles?  Are you going to reduce the command staff (cut internal oversight) and/or support staff?  Are you going to cut out specialty areas like narcotics and gang units (because those areas aren't a problem)?  Tell us what YOU would cut?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Defunding is a poor name for what is actually proposed, and many of the right wingers seems to be deliberately misunderstanding what it is all about.

Arresting mentally ill people and sending them to prison is all the police can do, and is does not cure them

Drug addiction cannot be cured with a billy club of jail.

Domestic violence requires counseling. Cops have no training for that.

And why should they have training?

 

A cop preserves "law and order"...

Not be "counseling"....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

It's not a subtle message that most intend when they say defund the police. I am well aware of the spin has been forwarded, that they really mean redirect the funds from police to social services and mental health. Those carrying the signs and screaming about frying pigs like bacon are not promoting this. They call the institution of law enforcement in the nation as corrupt and racist at It's root and it needs to be destroyed before it can be rebuilt. They aren't calling for more mental health professionals, they are calling for the destruction of the nations law enforcement. 

Regardless of what some say, the defunders have a point.

Police have a history of serious malfeasance, and destroying the power of police unions has worked in Camden, NJ. And that is what could solve the problem to some degree, we should try it.

 

I am getting an unusual number of gimme calls from people who claim to represent the police these days. Most seem to be scams. The names of the organizations they claim to be are unrecognizable, not the usual cop unions.

I never send a dime to ANY gimme calls

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

No...they aren't.  It's not the fault of right wingers that idiots on the left (and that would be most on the left) chose to use the word "defund"...and they still use it.  Words have meanings (you would think a former educator would remember that).  In this case the word means "prevent from continuing to receive funds" (emphasis mine).

 

So tell us, oh wise one, when you defund (or reduce funding) to the police and give that money to another area, exactly what part of the budget are you going to cut?  Are you going to reduce the number of officers on the force (kill union jobs) or cut their pay (violate the CBA)?  Are you going to cut the training budget?  Are you going to cut maintenance on buildings and vehicles?  Are you going to reduce the command staff (cut internal oversight) and/or support staff?  Are you going to cut out specialty areas like narcotics and gang units (because those areas aren't a problem)?  Tell us what YOU would cut?

 

When they are actually pursuing such a plan in my area, then and only am I going to support or reject specific actions. Wasting my time  explaining anything to someone like you is not anything I am going to do. You are nobody and have no power to do anything and will of course oppose everything I say.

Why bother? It would be like arguing with a pet cat about treats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

When they are actually pursuing such a plan in my area, then and only am I going to support or reject specific actions. Wasting my time  explaining anything to someone like you is not anything I am going to do. You are nobody and have no power to do anything and will of course oppose everything I say.

Why bother? It would be like arguing with a pet cat about treats.

 

So you are scared to give us your opinion or answer a simple question.

 

You must have really sucked in the classroom.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Regardless of what some say, the defunders have a point.

Police have a history of serious malfeasance, and destroying the power of police unions has worked in Camden, NJ. And that is what could solve the problem to some degree, we should try it.

 

I am getting an unusual number of gimme calls from people who claim to represent the police these days. Most seem to be scams. The names of the organizations they claim to be are unrecognizable, not the usual cop unions.

I never send a dime to ANY gimme calls

Police have a history of serious malfeasances?

 

You could look at the teachers unions too

And politicians...

And the Houston Astros....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

So you are scared to give us your opinion or answer a simple question.

 

You must have really sucked in the classroom.

 

I taught Spanish. I am good at it. You are a dolt. I was paid to do what I was taught to do. I am not paid to argue with stupid Trumpists. Discussing anything with you is a total waste of myn time.

Read what they did in Camden, NJ, that is what I support. Your questions are stupid and you do not actually want to debate anything.

I keep you on ignore. So if you see no reply, that is why.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Z09 said:

Police have a history of serious malfeasances?

 

You could look at the teachers unions too

And politicians...

And the Houston Astros....

Teachers unions never kill people. Politicians never put their knees on the throats of citizens. I do not give two shits about the Houston Astros or any sports team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Teachers unions never kill people. Politicians never put their knees on the throats of citizens. I do not give two shits about the Houston Astros or any sports team.

Teachers never kill people?

 

Name me a job that the employee goes to work knowing at any time he could be called to a domestic situation and the guy has a gun...

Or a bank robbery...

Or a riot with 100 people not knowing if there's a gun pointed at his head..

 

C'mon Xavier..

Name me a teacher that goes into that situation....EVERY DAY

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Teachers unions never kill people. Politicians never put their knees on the throats of citizens. I do not give two shits about the Houston Astros or any sports team.

When was the last time a teacher or politician walked into a riot and had a brick thrown at them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...