Portland riot declared as fire burns in police union offices

Yes, they are still at it.

PORTLAND, Ore. — A fire inside a police union building led authorities in Portland, Oregon, to declare a riot and force protesters away from the offices as violent demonstrations continue in the city that had hoped for calm after federal agents withdrew more than a week ago.

A group of demonstrators broke into the Portland Police Association building, set the fire and were adding to it when officers made the riot declaration late Saturday, police tweeted. Video shot by a journalist shows smoke and flames arising from inside the building.

Several hundred people had gathered outside the offices, which are located about 5 miles (8 kilometers) north of the federal courthouse that had been the target of nightly violence earlier this summer. The Portland Police Association is a labor union that represents members of the Portland Police Bureau.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-riot-declared-as-fire-burns-in-police-union-offices

It makes sense for BLM to take on police unions.Police unions prevent cities from getting rid of bad cops.

I m against violence, and think elections are the best way to keep police from beating up people and killing them.

Police unions enable undue police violence.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

It makes sense for BLM to take on police unions.Police unions prevent cities from getting rid of bad cops.

I m against violence, and think elections are the best way to keep police from beating up people and killing them.

I'm sure the rioters appreciate your stamp of approval.

I did not say that I approve.I was simply pointing out that it was more logical to take on the police union than the federal courthouse.

Demonstrators in Portland have made their views known and more demonstrations do not seem useful to me.

And they have no clue about what I have posted here. I am not seeking their approval or disapproval.

13 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I agree, a radical left wing Marxist organization that is filled with an irrational hatred and bigotry against law enforcement can be expected to resort to violence against the targets of their bigotry.

I would be happy to exclude unions from the government workforce including police unions.  Perhaps then inner city children could actually get a chance at an education.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Police unions allow bad cops to get away with murder.

Teachers unions do not allow child molesters  to stay in the classroom.

What is more devastating ...  anecdotal bad cops ... or the widespread failure of union teachers to teach in our inner cities?

You have a strong propensity to claim murder without a criminal conviction , but anyone can look at the data from inner city schools and recognize the widespread failures of unionized teachers, unless you are claiming that those children are unteachable?

We finance schools with property taxes, so poor communities  are underpaid. Any teacher would prefer to teach at Miami Beach High than a high school  in Liberty City.

The teachers paid the most get the easiest jobs and vice versa.

Portland voters see no problem. Seattle voters saw no problem. Voters know what they want and they are getting the representation they deserve. I see a problem but who am i to go against the wishes of the voters in these cities. Democracy in action.

3 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I did not say that I approve.I was simply pointing out that it was more logical to take on the police union than the federal courthouse.

Demonstrators in Portland have made their views known and more demonstrations do not seem useful to me.

And they have no clue about what I have posted here. I am not seeking their approval or disapproval.

You do approve of this. You have been making excuses and lying for them since this started.