Jump to content

American gun ownership drops to lowest in nearly 40 years


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, bgr39 said:

  Suicide IS a selfish thing to do.

  You are dead, you are gone.

  Your loved ones will STILL here, wondering why they didn't see "IT" coming.

  Your loved ones will be wondering WHAT they could've done to stop you from suicide.  YOU ARE GONE, but your loved ones will spend the rest of their lives wondering WHAT they could've done to stop your suicide.

  Suicide is  selfish.

Michael Altman was the son of the M*A*S*H movie director Robert Altman. He wrote the lyrics for the theme song.  So, the lyrics for MASH were written by a 14-year-old boy. Yes, 14.

 

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

[chorus]:

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...

[Chorus]

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.

[Chorus]

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.

[Chorus]

MASH
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[Chorus]

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
'is it to be or not to be'
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you choose.


source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/mashlyrics.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must be the same pollsters that had the many titted empress beating Trump in 2016. Old news!!! This is 2020!

There are Millions of guns that no one knows about. And they never will

Guns kill.  The ACA saves lives.  BIG difference.  

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Huey said:

Stop flapping your gums and show where I am wrong. I’ll get you started loinfo:

 

YOu are just stupid - and not worthy of chatting with me - if you think the NRA does not influence politics/policy in the US. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

YOu are just stupid - and not worthy of chatting with me - if you think the NRA does not influence politics/policy in the US. 

There are many organizations that influence politics/policy in the US.  If you want to stop the NRA influence,  I would agree as long as YOU agree to stop/make illegal the influence (lobbying, payola, future lucrative job promises, etc) of ALL other organizations (INCLUDING ANTI-GUN LOBBYING) and corporations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

YOu are just stupid - and not worthy of chatting with me - if you think the NRA does not influence politics/policy in the US. 

I never said they didn’t. The point is with so many gun owners losing the NRA is gonna change nothing.

14 minutes ago, Scout said:

Huey thinks the only source of NRA funding is memberships?  

Nope.  
 

Nice try at reframing Tiny Mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bgr39 said:

  Knives kill.

 Cars kill.

 beer bottles kill.

 Fists can kill.

Rocks can kill, You know, those hard things that the rioters throw at police.

 Fire can kill.

 Lots of things CAN KILL.

 Are you for outlawing knives?

 Are you for outlawing cars?

 Are you for outlawing beer bottles?

  Are you for outlawing campfires?

 Are you for jailing ANYONE caught with a rock on their person, for ANY reason?

  Or are you just being a typical liberal/communist ASSHOLE?                      :)  :)

 

Too stupid to merit comment.

If we had an IQ minimum for gun ownership, all the gun violence problems would end.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Huey said:

. The point is with so many gun owners losing the NRA is gonna change nothing.

 

Where in your post is this statement? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scout said:

 

Too stupid to merit comment.

If we had an IQ minimum for gun ownership, all the gun violence problems would end.  

Sad liberal cunts like you want to take away our rights....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

Too stupid to merit comment.

If we had an IQ minimum for gun ownership, all the gun violence problems would end.  

 

If we had an IQ minimum for Voting, all the gun violence problems would end.

 

Because Democrat National Socialism and their Plantations would cease to exist.

 

NYC+Crime+Statistics+AR+2015+NOV+lge.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

 

If we had an IQ minimum for Voting, all the gun violence problems would end.

 

Because Democrat National Socialism and their Plantations would cease to exist.

 

NYC+Crime+Statistics+AR+2015+NOV+lge.jpg

 

Hey !!! Don't you know, resorting to "truth" is not allowed. It befuddles our liberals. PETA will be knocking at your door.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Scout said:

Gun owners are ALWAYS easily manipulated by NRA types.

If the NRA says to gunowners that they should panic and buy guns or ammo, they do it.

 

Think of lemmings.... 

 

19 hours ago, Huey said:

5 million NRA MEMBERS.

 

400 million legal guns in the USA.

 

1 in 3 Americans own firearms.  The NRA ain’t shit.

 

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

Where in your post is this statement? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Of  course  you are.   You  basically  came out  stating the  firearm was a fail safe  method of suicide,   and were  proven  wrong

 

Now you are trying to  change  your stance.

 

 

 that is  your  new  position

 

3 hours ago, whiteboy said:

 

If you cant kill yourself with a firearm, just go ask someone else to kill you .... right now.

 

You are too ignorant to take up space.

 

3 hours ago, whiteboy said:

 

Again, if you are too stupid to kill yourself with a gun, you do not need to take up anymore space.

 

Stand firmly by my statement.

 

2 hours ago, whiteboy said:

 

I am not wrong.

 

If you cant kill yourself with a firearm you are a moron.

 

Simple.

 

 

Where did I change my stance?

 

One more time ... a firearm NEVER fails unless you are a total fucking idiot!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jacktheripper said:

isnt it actually a case of too many criminals?

 Too many criminals on the street. Too many criminals in public office.

  Between the two, we have WAY too much crime in the streets,and no one is allowing the police to do anything about.

  Criminal politicians telling the police to do nothing about the crime in the streets.  Criminal D.A.'s refusing to prosecute REAL criminals. Criminal Mayors and City councils allowing criminals to just return to the streets to commit MORE crime.  Criminals helping criminals ... Works great for criminals, Socialist, liberals and communists but not so good for law-abiding citizens though.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I read through this thread and just shake my head.

 

The level of ignorance and stupidity expressed by the gun controllers remains as self-deluded and self-serving as ever.

 

Ever since the COVID crisis was manufactured, people have gone into crisis mode.  They started with hoarding toilet paper, then flowed into hoarding guns and ammo.

 

At my local gun shop, just after the first cases of COVID appeared in Washington state, an elderly couple came into the store.  Both were the very definition of Berkeley hippies; right down to their tie-dyed T-shirts and Birkenstocks... and they were there to buy a shotgun for - they stated grimly - the coming societal collapse.  Within a month - and continuing to this day - buying a defensive configured shotgun is almost impossible.  A few days ago I saw a Mossberg 500A 12 Gauge that ordinarily sold for $350 brand new before the panic sell on an auction site for $1300 dollars.

 

The type of customer coming into the store has changed.  There was (and is) a never-ending stream of people who have never owned guns, asking almost frantically for assistance in selecting a "good gun for defense".  While the usual panic-buying has stripped the store's walls of tactical carbines (what gun haters like to call "assault" weapons), the majority of sales are of concealed carry defensive pistols and revolvers - yes, revolvers! - and, again, shotguns.

 

remington-870-sbs-featured.jpg 

 

Long story short, statistics are showing that more than 23 million - yes, that's MILLION - people are becoming first-time gun owners.  The gun haters can't handle that, so they repeat the oft-disproven canard that the percentage of Americans who own guns is dropping.  Unfortunately, the rate of new gun owners arming themselves puts the lie to that assertion.  People are scared, and talks of defunding police - and the soaring violence in places where this "defunding" is actually happening - has motivated a whole new generation of Americans to discover the merits of an armed society.  Gun sales are at their highest point IN HISTORY... and the gun haters frantically try to rationalize away what that means for their long-term agenda.

 

Of course, some trot out the same nonsense that an armed society couldn't resist the government with modern arms... and that is clearly false on its face.

 

I also like the references to the Whiskey Rebellion.... since those involved in it ended up winning when the Whiskey Tax was repealed.  They may have chosen to back down from an outright battle... but won the war they ended up not having to fight.

 

Some just like to rationalize cowardice to support their agendas.

 

pro-gun-1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I read through this thread and just shake my head.

 

The level of ignorance and stupidity expressed by the gun controllers remains as self-deluded and self-serving as ever.

 

Ever since the COVID crisis was manufactured, people have gone into crisis mode.  They started with hoarding toilet paper, then flowed into hoarding guns and ammo.

 

At my local gun shop, just after the first cases of COVID appeared in Washington state, an elderly couple came into the store.  Both were the very definition of Berkeley hippies; right down to their tie-dyed T-shirts and Birkenstocks... and they were there to buy a shotgun for - they stated grimly - the coming societal collapse.  Within a month - and continuing to this day - buying a defensive configured shotgun is almost impossible.  A few days ago I saw a Mossberg 500A 12 Gauge that ordinarily sold for $350 brand new before the panic sell on an auction site for $1300 dollars.

 

The type of customer coming into the store has changed.  There was (and is) a never-ending stream of people who have never owned guns, asking almost frantically for assistance in selecting a "good gun for defense".  While the usual panic-buying has stripped the store's walls of tactical carbines (what gun haters like to call "assault" weapons), the majority of sales are of concealed carry defensive pistols and revolvers - yes, revolvers! - and, again, shotguns.

 

remington-870-sbs-featured.jpg 

 

Long story short, statistics are showing that more than 23 million - yes, that's MILLION - people are becoming first-time gun owners.  The gun haters can't handle that, so they repeat the oft-disproven canard that the percentage of Americans who own guns is dropping.  Unfortunately, the rate of new gun owners arming themselves puts the lie to that assertion.  People are scared, and talks of defunding police - and the soaring violence in places where this "defunding" is actually happening - has motivated a whole new generation of Americans to discover the merits of an armed society.  Gun sales are at their highest point IN HISTORY... and the gun haters frantically try to rationalize away what that means for their long-term agenda.

 

Of course, some trot out the same nonsense that an armed society couldn't resist the government with modern arms... and that is clearly false on its face.

 

I also like the references to the Whiskey Rebellion.... since those involved in it ended up winning when the Whiskey Tax was repealed.  They may have chosen to back down from an outright battle... but won the war they ended up not having to fight.

 

Some just like to rationalize cowardice to support their agendas.

 

pro-gun-1.jpg

 

 

862c91d28754f840bb1157baebf8791a--huntin

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 3:24 PM, guilluamezenz said:

 

so all this talk about record gun purchases? is pretty hollow gun wonershi is way down, its just a few nuts stockpiliin

 

I wouldn't put much faith into this. If someone called me asking if I owned any guns, I'd say no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 4:33 PM, rippy38 said:

The gun stores say different.

 

Sorry about that gully.

a small percentage about 3% of the population own 50% of the guns the panic buying is all the act of a few sick dangerous people who should be disarmed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guilluamezenz said:

a small persentage about 3% of the population won 50% of the guns the panic buying is all the act of a few sick dangerous people who should be disarmed

"persentage"?

 

How's they "win" them? I wouldn't mind winning a few...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blue Devil said:

 

If we had an IQ minimum for Voting, all the gun violence problems would end.

 

Because Democrat National Socialism and their Plantations would cease to exist.

 

NYC+Crime+Statistics+AR+2015+NOV+lge.jpg

 

The total number of gang homicides reported by respondents in the NYGS sample averaged nearly 2,000 annually from 2007 to 2012. During roughly the same time period (2007 to 2011), the FBI estimated, on average, more than 15,500 homicides across the United States (www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-1). These estimates suggest that gang-related homicides typically accounted for around 13 percent of all homicides annually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did You Know? In 2015, men committed 62% of murders and were 79% of all murder victims.A Black men committed 36% of murders and made up 52% of all murder victims. White men committed 30% of murders and accounted for 43% of all murder victims.A Homicide is largely intra-racial. Of crimes involving a single offender and victim: 81% of white victims were killed by a white perpetrator; 89% of all black victims were killed by a black perp https://www.ncjrs.gov/ovc_archives/ncvrw/2017/images/en_artwork/Fact_Sheets/2017NCVRW_Homicide_508.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...