Couple who yelled 'white power' at Black man and his girlfriend arrested

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the real issue. Assault, battery, robbery and murder are illegal. The lesson in hate crime legislation is to always remember to take the wallet so it's only robbery instead of a "hate crime".

how far does the right-wing false news go... you hold onto it, with your least breath, like a moron, and yeah, it is sickening  how far they will go.   The best of the bad lie

Now that I think about it...a Nazi salute is a lot worse than 1,384 people getting shot in 6 months.   As half a Jew...I guess I'd rather be shot than get a Sieg Heil thrown at me. That woul

13 hours ago, drvoke said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/couple-who-yelled-white-power-at-black-man-and-his-girlfriend-arrested/ar-BB17sByj?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

A husband and wife in California were arrested on hate crimes charges after they were seen on cellphone video yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at a Black man and his girlfriend, authorities said.

Couple things, Dr. Voke. First of all, thanks for the source. First sentence from your source...

A husband and wife in California were arrested on hate crimes and vandalism charges after they were seen on cellphone video yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at a Black man and his girlfriend, authorities said.

Your post edits out "and vandalism charges." Why? Did you edit that out? I'll just assume it's so. Is that cause you are believer in hate crimes? Seems to me vandalism would be the actual crime here. Seems to me yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" would be covered under the 1st amendment. Article says they (the idiot racists) stopped their truck in front of this couple. Maybe unlawful detainment? Menacing? Improper signaling while pulling in front of the car? For sure what this couple did is horrible. But from your perspective not illegal. Or is it? In your opinion should it be? Please to be aware that if you say hate crimes should be a thing I've me a nice rant at the ready. Then, of course, more questions. It's all good, Dr. Voke, I've found that when I dig into you you can, at times be reasonable.

3 minutes ago, teacher said:

Couple things, Dr. Voke. First of all, thanks for the source. First sentence from your source...

Your post edits out "and vandalism charges." Why? Did you edit that out? I'll just assume it's so. Is that cause you are believer in hate crimes? Seems to me vandalism would be the actual crime here. Seems to me yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" would be covered under the 1st amendment. Article says they (the idiot racists) stopped their truck in front of this couple. Maybe unlawful detainment? Menacing? Improper signaling while pulling in front of the car? For sure what this couple did is horrible. But from your perspective not illegal. Or is it? In your opinion should it be? Please to be aware that if you say hate crimes should be a thing I've me a nice rant at the ready. Then, of course, more questions. It's all good, Dr. Voke, I've found that when I dig into you you can, at times be reasonable.

What makes a hate crime worse than any other crime? A crime is a crime.

10 hours ago, Taipan said:

Is it wrong for a black man to love his tribe?

Let's turn that around.

Is it wrong for a white man to love his tribe?

It is STUPID anyone to think of himself as a member of a tribe. 

We are all individuals. There are no tribes, unless you are past that, you are simply a stupid bigot.

Essentially, in the US we do not have races of people. What we have is castes. The difference is that social superiority or inferiority is not based on genetics, it is based on social custom, which declares that skin color and a difference in facial features are markers for considering a person's value and abilities.

Racism is based on  defective science. Caste rules are mental attitudes.

What is just is to evaluate people based on their actual abilities and what MLK called "the content of their character".

2 minutes ago, kfools said:

By that logic, a punishment is a punishment and there ought to be an equal punishment for all crimes, irrespective; because, paraphrasing the first part of your post, there's no crime worse than any other crime.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

What is just is to evaluate people based on their actual abilities

Like blacks'  ability to commit  by far the most crimes, as compared to all other skin colors ?

4 minutes ago, kfools said:

I think the cons are being frozen out on the other site.

I am not able to login and post.   I have done no wrong.

I think they are afraid.

Afraid that their site.............would turn out to be like yours.

Afraid that the cons can out-fight them on every level.

And completely rollover the battlefield.   

Is that a compliment to us?                                          It might be.                               🤠....🍺

15 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It is STUPID anyone to think of himself as a member of a tribe. 

We are all individuals. There are no tribes, unless you are past that, you are simply a stupid bigot.

Essentially, in the US we do not have races of people. What we have is castes. The difference is that social superiority or inferiority is not based on genetics, it is based on social custom, which declares that skin color and a difference in facial features are markers for considering a person's value and abilities.

Racism is based on  defective science. Caste rules are mental attitudes.

What is just is to evaluate people based on their actual abilities and what MLK called "the content of their character".

This is not Heaven.

This is Earth.

Tribalism............exists.      It always has.   Since the dawn of time.

Tribalism does not exist in Heaven.      Here is why.

"Do unto others..........as you would have them do unto you".

Jesus Christ.

Jesus was not only a prophet..........but the............Son of GOD.           

I kneel down to the Cross of Jesus Christ.                               😇

3 minutes ago, kfools said:

What makes a hate crime worse than any other crime? 

It doesn't. That's why I was telling Dr. Voke...

Please to be aware that if you say hate crimes should be a thing I've me a nice rant at the ready.

BTW, boss, advanced search at this site is presently worthless. I can go find that post but it shall cost me a bunch of work. I remember some few keywords from that post that I used to be able to advanced search by and find that rant but that has went South. Been this way for a while now. Now when I advanced search by keyword I get a smattering of keyword hits but the dates are all over the place. Used to be that the last time I used that keyword the most recent use would come up. This is kinda a big deal for ol' teach as I been here cents forever, what I have ranted about recently builds upon what I have ranted about before. There are certain political debate issues over the last 13 years I've been here harping on that for me to continue with the abuse I need access to to continue the debate. No Swinging Richard is gonna win any political debate issue in one take. These are complex issues. While I can, no way am I usually gonna recreate that which has come before. Way too much typing. Kinda one of the reasons I started and stayed with the horse thread. Continuity. I understand that it's probably only me that is affected by this software thing what with the most part of this site being trolls, one off posting then fleeing fu(ks, pretty much no one having a long term view towards building a body of work that can always be self referenced but, you know, yea, it's only me. I look around now and see a beef by a lefty that I dealt with long ago with a wicked horse thread rant but I can't find that rant right quick anymore so I move along. No way am I or is anybody gonna read the entire horse thread. I ain't cause I wrote it and I bore myself and lefty ain't cause they would die. Stroke, aneurysm, brain explosion, who knows? Ya'll should read but then the low attention span thing. 

It's all good. If I really care I'll go find it. Just that it used to be more easier. 

3 minutes ago, teacher said:

BTW, boss, advanced search at this site is presently worthless. I can go find that post but it shall cost me a bunch of work. I remember some few keywords from that post that I used to be able to advanced search by and find that rant but that has went South. Been this way for a while now. Now when I advanced search by keyword I get a smattering of keyword hits but the dates are all over the place. Used to be that the last time I used that keyword the most recent use would come up. This is kinda a big deal for ol' teach as I been here cents forever, what I have ranted about recently builds upon what I have ranted about before. There are certain political debate issues over the last 13 years I've been here harping on that for me to continue with the abuse I need access to to continue the debate. No Swinging Richard is gonna win any political debate issue in one take. These are complex issues. While I can, no way am I usually gonna recreate that which has come before. Way too much typing. Kinda one of the reasons I started and stayed with the horse thread. Continuity. I understand that it's probably only me that is affected by this software thing what with the most part of this site being trolls, one off posting then fleeing fu(ks, pretty much no one having a long term view towards building a body of work that can always be self referenced but, you know, yea, it's only me. I look around now and see a beef by a lefty that I dealt with long ago with a wicked horse thread rant but I can't find that rant right quick anymore so I move along. No way am I or is anybody gonna read the entire horse thread. I ain't cause I wrote it and I bore myself and lefty ain't cause they would die. Stroke, aneurysm, brain explosion, who knows? Ya'll should read but then the low attention span thing. 

It's all good. If I really care I'll go find it. Just that it used to be more easier. 

Are cons being frozen out on the other site.?

You seem like someone who might know.

I seek 'freedom of speech'.

I can take personal rejection.       That is OK.

But freedom to speak.............one's mind............shutdown..........might rile me.

I think you understand.                                                                                            🍺

1 hour ago, JinnMartini said:

By that logic, a punishment is a punishment and there ought to be an equal punishment for all crimes, irrespective; because, paraphrasing the first part of your post, there's no crime worse than any other crime.

I?That logic doesn't follow. If I steal from you because I hate you or steal from you even though I like you I still stole from you. 

7 hours ago, whiteboy said:

This is why if you are convicted of murder, you should be executed ... in public ... the following day.

There's NO Justice like Saudi justice, now that ISIS is gone.

Yeah sure maybe some will get wrongly convicted and die, but we can take the bad with the good.

You would not be the one wrongfully convicted, of course.

Less money wasted supporting criminals, plus less traffic ...

So why do you hate the US Constitution? It bans cruel and unusual punishment.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

I think the cons are being frozen out on the other site.

I am not able to login and post.   I have done no wrong.

I think they are afraid.

Afraid that their site.............would turn out to be like yours.

Afraid that the cons can out-fight them on every level.

And completely rollover the battlefield.   

Is that a compliment to us?                                          It might be.                               🤠....🍺

I doubt that very much. The clone site isn't technically managed well. Especially since they put up ads. Never under estimate thier laziness. They are stuck with the old venue and beholden to the Liberals who demanded it now. Lol.

• Thumb up 1
47 minutes ago, teacher said:

I don't understand. Nothing was changed in the search options. Give me the reader's digest version of the problem you are talking about.

4 hours ago, Wallco1 said:

People have lost the ability to ignore.  Just ignore people and quit making something out of nothing.

Exactly!  Like when kids get  hurt, if the parent reacts, they freak, and if not, it's cool..

10 hours ago, kfools said:

Where you been?

Liberals have been after that for years.

And they have nearly succeeded. One more step: When someone is found innocent on a physical assault charge, because they were verbally assaulted, and it is considered self-defense.

Then we win! Sorry, 'they' win. The bastards.

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Are cons being frozen out on the other site.?                                                                        🍺

I can only speak for myself. Yes. I been a member there cents forever. While I was boss of this site I thought it untoward if i kicked the $h!t outta two places at the same time. So, when I retired as admin of LF.com I fired back up "Son of.. and the horse you rode in on." Gave it a good go one night, told them what to expect, damn sure didn't break any site rules, told an old joke or two but I didn't really get into any politics. I was just my usual charming self. That all got deleted. Week or two(2) later I tried again, kinda the same stuff, told them what the rules of the thread were, like I could enforce that other than with my text, which was the point, I can, only I spent much less time on my second try as I saw the writing on the wall. That got deleted. I was told there was a site glitch. Now, Mr. Taipan, you can see the blow by blow of all of this in the horse thread but then folks don't like to admit they read that thread. Somebody reading it. Anyway, I watched it all, complete, lying bull$h!t on their part beginning to end. As usual liberals can't even lie well. A little bird told me that they moved my "Son" thread to sumpin called "The Dungeon" that only logged on, registered un-banned members can view. My joke about that in the horse thread is that i'm still winning the debate. 

You seem like someone who might know.

You, Sir would be correct.

I seek 'freedom of speech'.

Try the horse thread.

I can take personal rejection.   That is OK.

Good cause you are ugly and I'm not gay.

But freedom to speak.............one's mind............shutdown..........might rile me.

I'm not riled. This is a badge of honor. I know all about site rules. I enforced them at this site for years, why I even made a few. No Swinging Richard at the dot.clone site can show where I broke any rule. Well, actually they could but they would have to edit me. Not beyond them. I know this game, I could have done all that to you unwashed masses when I was admin. But I didn't, always told ya'll I could just sos ya'll could understand the power of admin, a cautionary tale, if I could at a little Dog and Pony show such as LF.com imagine what tech giants such as google, youface, twatter and all the others can do? Odds are they don't have a honest, decent man such as teacher boss there. It was an excellent learning experience for me being admin here. Every horrible thing I thought that can be true is true.  But then in the horse thread even before I was boss I've always counseled you idiots to act like it is all just that horrible. 

I think you understand. 

Of course I understand.  Despite all the years of my being boss and trying very hard, and succeeding at not availing myself of all the admin privileges I thought might have been there I still learned a lot. I shudder in horror at what I could have learned just from my admin access, then, if I was evil what I could have learned from there, if I tried.  

Folks, don't tell your $h!t to each other in PMs. Don't tell each other your phone numbers in PMs. Give a throw away, password protected e-mail addy. Here's a thing. Back in the day all us mods could see everyone's IP addys and e-mail addys. Then along came Middle13, or whatever, some tell me she's still here, back in the day she friggin volunteered on the site that she been saving everyone's e-mail and IP addys. I had a stinkin fit. Mods need have IPs for sok stuff, nice bannings and suspensions and all but immediately I took away all mods ability to see e-mail addys. Little bird tells me that there has been much conspiring going on at this site for many years. Well, duh, of course liberals do that. I kinda figured while I was admin that that was all so. I didn't look into it, I was a horrible admin, I didn't spy, just warned ya'll to assume that I had all these imagined admin powers and act accordingly. I've me a nice rant in the horse thread over a decade ago before I was admin that I assumed that ya'll liberals were doing everything you could to lie, cheat and steal. Turns out all that is true. You know, if I was slick, and I am, well, scratch that, if I was a fu(k, and I ain't, I would be dangerous. Now, all that I know transferred over to the dot.clone site. Cannonpointer at this friggin moment has all these powers and where I'm concerned, towards me personally, has abused them. Eh. All these so-called admins at all these sites have the ability to know everything you've done at said web sites. Oh my, I do go on.

2 hours ago, teacher said:

"Police said the victims filed a hate crime and vandalism report on July 23, the day after the incident."

This is the only significant element of the story. If you leave the scene of the crime, and only file a report a day after the incident (about minor vandalism) the police wouldn't even bother. This is all about the supposed 'hate crime.' Given our incendiary social climate, the police were probably afraid of not acting on it. There were no other charges. I did leave out vandalism, because it has nothing to do with why they were physically arrested and charged.

48 minutes ago, kfools said:

Nothing was changed in the search options. 

Not search, advanced search. Put your cursor in the search window and hit "enter."

Hello.

You go play some now.

Used to be that as long as I could remember a keyword, no, not like "liberals" that would give me a gazillion, sumpin a tad more specific. Bro, I remember stuff, in this case the keyword is "Smith." I believe the other couple in that post was "Johnson." Far as I know the last time I typed "Smith" was when I did my horse thread hate crimes rant. You should read that one. I nailed it. No such thing as a hate crime. Eh, just another day in the horse thread. I'm gettin wound up. I see that Dr. Voke has replied. That should be sure to calm me down. 

17 hours ago, drvoke said:

Torrance police arrest two 'white power' suspects who vandalized ...

This may pose a significant challenge to the Sticks and Stones vs. Words precedent case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/couple-who-yelled-white-power-at-black-man-and-his-girlfriend-arrested/ar-BB17sByj?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

A husband and wife in California were arrested on hate crimes charges after they were seen on cellphone video yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at a Black man and his girlfriend, authorities said.

The racist incident happened  around 10:30 p.m. when both couples were stopped at a red light in Torrance, about 20 miles south of downtown Los Angeles 

The suspects, Gregory and Rachel Howell, were stopped in their truck in front of the victims' car, the release said.

Gregory Howell got out of his vehicle, approached the victims' car, and yelled "white power" as he made a Nazi salute. His wife got out and began cursing before yelling "only white lives matter," police said.

The female victim, Itzel Lopez, stated that she and her boyfriend, who she said is Black, were going home after a birthday dinner when they noticed the Howells had been following them for several minutes. Then Lopez and her boyfriend approached a red light, the Howells drove in front of them.

A video of the incident was posted on an Instagram account believed to belong to Lopez. In the video, which contains profanities and hateful speech, Rachel Howell is seen giving Lopez the middle finger and saying "white lives matter b----" and "only white lives matter."

Gregory Howell is seen in the video standing near the front of the truck as he gives the Nazi salute.

"That's crazy," Lopez says in the video. "The s--- we have to go through, 2020."

“We were just in shock," Lopez said. "We didn’t know what was going on. Never in my life did I think I was gonna experience this. It’s actually really scary. They don’t even know you and they’re willing to hurt you.”

Police said the victims filed a hate crime report the day after the incident.

The Howells, both 29, were arrested Friday and released that same day on bail, according to Los Angeles County sheriff's records. It's not clear if they have obtained attorneys.

d58098c6bc6a4de0aa04dcd95bc0bf80_md.jpg

Fight this all the way to the SCOTUS and sue the shit out of the police and prosecutor once the charge is dropped

25 minutes ago, teacher said:

I can only speak for myself. Yes. I been a member there cents forever. While I was boss of this site I thought it untoward if i kicked the $h!t outta two places at the same time. So, when I retired as admin of LF.com I fired back up "Son of.. and the horse you rode in on." Gave it a good go one night, told them what to expect, damn sure didn't break any site rules, told an old joke or two but I didn't really get into any politics. I was just my usual charming self. That all got deleted. Week or two(2) later I tried again, kinda the same stuff, told them what the rules of the thread were, like I could enforce that other than with my text, which was the point, I can, only I spent much less time on my second try as I saw the writing on the wall. That got deleted. I was told there was a site glitch. Now, Mr. Taipan, you can see the blow by blow of all of this in the horse thread but then folks don't like to admit they read that thread. Somebody reading it. Anyway, I watched it all, complete, lying bull$h!t on their part beginning to end. As usual liberals can't even lie well. A little bird told me that they moved my "Son" thread to sumpin called "The Dungeon" that only logged on, registered un-banned members can view. My joke about that in the horse thread is that i'm still winning the debate. 

You, Sir would be correct.

Try the horse thread.

Good cause you are ugly and I'm not gay.

I'm not riled. This is a badge of honor. I know all about site rules. I enforced them at this site for years, why I even made a few. No Swinging Richard at the dot.clone site can show where I broke any rule. Well, actually they could but they would have to edit me. Not beyond them. I know this game, I could have done all that to you unwashed masses when I was admin. But I didn't, always told ya'll I could just sos ya'll could understand the power of admin, a cautionary tale, if I could at a little Dog and Pony show such as LF.com imagine what tech giants such as google, youface, twatter and all the others can do? Odds are they don't have a honest, decent man such as teacher boss there. It was an excellent learning experience for me being admin here. Every horrible thing I thought that can be true is true.  But then in the horse thread even before I was boss I've always counseled you idiots to act like it is all just that horrible. 

Of course I understand.  Despite all the years of my being boss and trying very hard, and succeeding at not availing myself of all the admin privileges I thought might have been there I still learned a lot. I shudder in horror at what I could have learned just from my admin access, then, if I was evil what I could have learned from there, if I tried.  

Folks, don't tell your $h!t to each other in PMs. Don't tell each other your phone numbers in PMs. Give a throw away, password protected e-mail addy. Here's a thing. Back in the day all us mods could see everyone's IP addys and e-mail addys. Then along came Middle13, or whatever, some tell me she's still here, back in the day she friggin volunteered on the site that she been saving everyone's e-mail and IP addys. I had a stinkin fit. Mods need have IPs for sok stuff, nice bannings and suspensions and all but immediately I took away all mods ability to see e-mail addys. Little bird tells me that there has been much conspiring going on at this site for many years. Well, duh, of course liberals do that. I kinda figured while I was admin that that was all so. I didn't look into it, I was a horrible admin, I didn't spy, just warned ya'll to assume that I had all these imagined admin powers and act accordingly. I've me a nice rant in the horse thread over a decade ago before I was admin that I assumed that ya'll liberals were doing everything you could to lie, cheat and steal. Turns out all that is true. You know, if I was slick, and I am, well, scratch that, if I was a fu(k, and I ain't, I would be dangerous. Now, all that I know transferred over to the dot.clone site. Cannonpointer at this friggin moment has all these powers and where I'm concerned, towards me personally, has abused them. Eh. All these so-called admins at all these sites have the ability to know everything you've done at said web sites. Oh my, I do go on.

Thank you, Teacher.

I think you are a cool Dog.

I defeated a couple of their moderators in open forum debate.

Devoid of violence or doxing. 

There might have been some ill will.

I accept the hard feelings that comes w/ victory.

It comes w/ the territory.   No one likes to lose.

Peace, Teacher.                                                  🍺

18 minutes ago, drvoke said:

"Police said the victims filed a hate crime and vandalism report on July 23, the day after the incident."

That has no bearing on my post.

This is the only significant element of the story. If you leave the scene of the crime, and only file a report a day after the incident (about minor vandalism) the police wouldn't even bother.

You are wandering.

You still haven't answered my first question. 

This is all about the supposed 'hate crime.'

Bingo. 

Given our incendiary social climate, the police were probably afraid of not acting on it. There were no other charges. I did leave out vandalism, because it has nothing to do with why they were physically arrested and charged.

Your source said there were vandalism charges. Not really what I'm gettin after. Please to focus now, Dr. Voke.

Fu(k the dumb $h!t. I won't walk you down the trail of tears. It'll take forever. 

Dr. Voke: Should some white folks yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at non-white folks be a justification for an arrest? 

Take your time, Doc, that is a loaded question. Things Constitutional may or may not be referenced. Was it this thread? Yes it was this thread. i was just going on and on about how all this can't be dealt with in a single post. See? We already into multiple posts and we just gettin started. You going somewhere? Besides fu(kin running away? 

11 minutes ago, teacher said:

Fu(k the dumb $h!t. I won't walk you down the trail of tears. It'll take forever. 

No Trail of Tears? I thought that's what you cons get off on the most.

Dr. Voke: Should some white folks yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at non-white folks be a justification for an arrest? 

Take your time, Doc, that is a loaded question. Things Constitutional may or may not be referenced. Was it this thread? Yes it was this thread. i was just going on and on about how all this can't be dealt with in a single post. See? We already into multiple posts and we just gettin started. You going somewhere? Besides fu(kin running away? 

No. That was the entire point of the OP. I don't see a crime here, or at least not one worth bothering about. The couple was intent on filing a hate crime charge due to language; hence my (apparently failed) attempt at humor and my sole line of comment in the OP:  

This may pose a significant challenge to the Sticks and Stones vs. Words precedent case.

11 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Thank you, teacher.

For what? 

I defeated a couple of their moderators in open forum debate.

You defeated Misty, or Annoyed or Cannon? I doubt that. You don't debate. Why would you say such a thing? 

Devoid of violence or doxing. 

There might have been some ill will.

Are you still a member there? 

I accept the hard feelings that comes w/ victory.

It comes w/ the territory. 

How would you know? 

No one likes to lose.

How would I know? 

Peace, teacher.   

After all that? 

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

No Trail of Tears?

No. That's what I call my line of questioning. 

I thought that's what you cons get off on the most.

Sure, because I wanted all the Cherokees to die. Oh. lookie there, almost all of them died, I should be happy.

Oh crap, time to change my mindset.

What the fu(k is wrong with you? You there just pretty much implied that a conservative like me is all behind the death of many Cherokees. Fu(k that it's Cherokees, any human. So. Dr. Voke, for you to advance your political agenda you have to paint me and my political ilk as monsters? That my side is for genocide? No nuance here? We can't debate what the federal income tax rate should be for any given cash bracket? 

Having an off night are you?

No. That was the entire point of the OP. I don't see a crime here, or at least not one worth bothering about. The couple was intent on filing a hate crime charge due to language; hence my (apparently failed) attempt at humor and my sole line of comment in the OP: 

Oh, my bad.