drvoke

Couple who yelled 'white power' at Black man and his girlfriend arrested

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Perhaps I am not being clear: This should be a non-event. NOT news. Where is the hate crime? An insult is not a crime. 

In my first year in college, I took a class called Criminal Law for Police. The professor explained how language was NEVER a justification for assault. Then he gave an example: "If someone came up to you and said "You filthy N-word." are you justified in striking them?  All of the white kids shook their heads 'no.' The black kids -even though they were just told it wasn't - all shook their heads 'yes'.  My professor laughed to himself.

We have gotten to the point now that words are considered hate crimes. 

Good point and the reason I use this screen name. I have been called this numerous times in my life and I am expected to just smile.

To me it is no different than calling someone a nigger. I don't think whiteboy describes me any more than nigger may describe someone else.

So what do you do? Get mad? Strike out?

Probably, if you have the combined IQ of a glass of water and a man-hole cover.

Or ... know that it is just words, and words are irrelevant.

Too much power is given to words by those who let them control their lives.

Take the power away.

Simply don't give a fuck.

Makes life much easier ...

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Is it wrong for a black man to love his tribe?

Let's turn that around.

Is it wrong for a white man to love his tribe?

It is a biological bias. You can never eliminate it completely.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

It is a biological bias. You can never eliminate it completely.

But the progressives will keep trying to use it against you anyway.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Perhaps I am not being clear: This should be a non-event. NOT news. Where is the hate crime? An insult is not a crime. 

In my first year in college, I took a class called Criminal Law for Police. The professor explained how language was NEVER a justification for assault. Then he gave an example: "If someone came up to you and said "You filthy N-word." are you justified in striking them?  All of the white kids shook their heads 'no.' The black kids -even though they were just told it wasn't - all shook their heads 'yes'.  My professor laughed to himself.

In these times, why would anyone behave this way? I can see the problem here...this couple are idiots...things have changed...the sensitivity meter has done a 180...personally, it's just wrong and not a proud moment...

on a side note, they're lucky they didn't get the shit beaten out of them or worse yet, shot...

I learned early on, if you're going to instigate a fight, realize you can lose...they got lucky...

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

President Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday to virtually define Judaism as a race or national origin, not just a religion, under the Civil Rights Act.

The big picture: The order is meant to address anti-Jewish bias in universities. It also expands acts of anti-Semitism to include anti-Israel statements. Both measures have been spearheaded by Kenneth Marcus, head of the Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights, the New York Slimes notes.

Jews are a race...always have been...people just correlate it to religion...

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/dna-links-prove-jews-are-a-race-says-genetics-expert-1.5220113

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

Duh Alert:  The Teachers Union won't stick up for the guy !

Walled Lake teacher says Trump tweets led to firing; school district denies it

The Oakland County school district denied Kucera's story, saying "no disciplinary action was taken as a result of any support of President Trump." But the district declined more specific comment, citing confidentiality surrounding personnel matters.  

...Kucera said he was told by the union that the tweets could be construed as impeding the business of the school, which would be grounds for firing, especially considering the school's title was listed on his Twitter page. 

But he noted that other teachers have tweeted negative opinions against Trump and haven't received the same censure.

Oh the irony...

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

Is it wrong for a black man to love his tribe?

Let's turn that around.

Is it wrong for a white man to love his tribe?

I believe  preoccupation with race is a sign of mild retardation. It certainly has caused nothing but death and misery for centuries. Dr Kings dream of a colorblind America was very close to being achieved before progressives decided to set race relations back 40 years over the universally decried actions of a few bad cops. Whites largely abandoned supporting racial pride and power groups, but blm is the best recruiting tool they could ask for.

6 hours ago, drvoke said:

Torrance police arrest two 'white power' suspects who vandalized ...

This may pose a significant challenge to the Sticks and Stones vs. Words precedent case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/couple-who-yelled-white-power-at-black-man-and-his-girlfriend-arrested/ar-BB17sByj?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

A husband and wife in California were arrested on hate crimes charges after they were seen on cellphone video yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at a Black man and his girlfriend, authorities said.

The racist incident happened  around 10:30 p.m. when both couples were stopped at a red light in Torrance, about 20 miles south of downtown Los Angeles 

The suspects, Gregory and Rachel Howell, were stopped in their truck in front of the victims' car, the release said.

Gregory Howell got out of his vehicle, approached the victims' car, and yelled "white power" as he made a Nazi salute. His wife got out and began cursing before yelling "only white lives matter," police said.

The female victim, Itzel Lopez, stated that she and her boyfriend, who she said is Black, were going home after a birthday dinner when they noticed the Howells had been following them for several minutes. Then Lopez and her boyfriend approached a red light, the Howells drove in front of them.

A video of the incident was posted on an Instagram account believed to belong to Lopez. In the video, which contains profanities and hateful speech, Rachel Howell is seen giving Lopez the middle finger and saying "white lives matter b----" and "only white lives matter."

Gregory Howell is seen in the video standing near the front of the truck as he gives the Nazi salute.

"That's crazy," Lopez says in the video. "The s--- we have to go through, 2020."

“We were just in shock," Lopez said. "We didn’t know what was going on. Never in my life did I think I was gonna experience this. It’s actually really scary. They don’t even know you and they’re willing to hurt you.”

Police said the victims filed a hate crime report the day after the incident.

The Howells, both 29, were arrested Friday and released that same day on bail, according to Los Angeles County sheriff's records. It's not clear if they have obtained attorneys.

d58098c6bc6a4de0aa04dcd95bc0bf80_md.jpg

Wanna bet this TOTALLY gets TOSSED!!!!

Amendment 1 gives people THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH. It  DOES NOT give government any AUTHORITY TO RESTRICT THIS WITH ARRESTS, TRIALS, OR ANY OTHER MEANS TO PREVENT IT!!!!

There is NO RIGHT to "not be offended" from ANY SPEECH, but you DO have the right to leave as you need to.

There was NO CRIME HERE other than the ACTS COMMITTED BY THE ARRESTING PARTY- ie, government.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

I believe  preoccupation with race is a sign of mild retardation. It certainly has caused nothing but death and misery for centuries. Dr Kings dream of a colorblind America was very close to being achieved before progressives decided to set race relations back 40 years over the universally decried actions of a few bad cops. Whites largely abandoned supporting racial pride and power groups, but blm is the best recruiting tool they could ask for.

Sir,

You are a thinking man.

I respect your thoughts.        You are right on many points.

Here is where we disagree.

Tribalism exist everywhere.       Just like sweat.

If the negro is going to fight for black-power.......then

the white tribe.............must also......fight.

And you are on edge of seeing more of it.

Yes, I respect your opinion.

Even if we sometimes............disagree.

13 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Sir,

You are a thinking man.

I respect your thoughts.        You are right on many points.

Here is where we disagree.

Tribalism exist everywhere.       Just like sweat.

If the negro is going to fight for black-power.......then

the white tribe.............must also......fight.

And you are on edge of seeing more of it.

Yes, I respect your opinion.

Even if we sometimes............disagree.

I did say mild retardation. 😁

We are all guilty of tribal think, it's hardwired. I think it's perfectly normal to feel most comfortable around those who are similar, share common values and interests. Racial pride is comparable to pride in a local football team. A little bit is pretty harmless, perhaps even healthy. If you go from occasionally watching a game to a rabid, screaming, Halloween costume wearing superfan, then there are issues. If you believe that harming a fan from the other team is justified or think of them as less than human, your tribalism has become dangerous.

Blm is hitting that dangerous level and will predictably encounter more and more pushback. A cycle of violence may be inevitable. 

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

Where you been?

Liberals have been after that for years.

5 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

how far does the right-wing false news go...

you hold onto it, with your least breath, like

a moron, and yeah, it is sickening 

how far they will go.

The best of the bad lies come from the right.

Always have. Seemingly they always will.

lying crying liberal asswipes

8 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Bob who?

Neils friend ... you know the gay couple ... Neil and Bob.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, kfools said:

Where you been?

Liberals have been after that for years.

So were the NAZI FASCISTS!!!

SPEECH and CENSORSHIP CODES have been around in AUTHORITARIAN DICTATORSHIPS forever.

If the couple yelled 'black power', threw bricks through a dozen windows, torched a police car, graffitied a monument, it wouldn't have even made the news.

4 hours ago, drvoke said:

And  THAT  is truly sickening  .  .  .  and frightening !

10 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

And  THAT  is truly sickening  .  .  .  and frightening !

It worked for Stalin - Hitler - Mao. But this is America; that couldn't happen here.

This couple more than likely have orgasms together as they read "Mein Kampf"   Wonder what the neo cons would say if same same couple showed Biden signs in front of them and flipped them off.  

Though you may or may not agree with what those two said,  this is still America and free speech applies to everyone.

7 hours ago, drvoke said:

Torrance police arrest two 'white power' suspects who vandalized ...

This may pose a significant challenge to the Sticks and Stones vs. Words precedent case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/couple-who-yelled-white-power-at-black-man-and-his-girlfriend-arrested/ar-BB17sByj?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

A husband and wife in California were arrested on hate crimes charges after they were seen on cellphone video yelling "white power" and "only white lives matter" at a Black man and his girlfriend, authorities said.

The racist incident happened  around 10:30 p.m. when both couples were stopped at a red light in Torrance, about 20 miles south of downtown Los Angeles 

The suspects, Gregory and Rachel Howell, were stopped in their truck in front of the victims' car, the release said.

Gregory Howell got out of his vehicle, approached the victims' car, and yelled "white power" as he made a Nazi salute. His wife got out and began cursing before yelling "only white lives matter," police said.

The female victim, Itzel Lopez, stated that she and her boyfriend, who she said is Black, were going home after a birthday dinner when they noticed the Howells had been following them for several minutes. Then Lopez and her boyfriend approached a red light, the Howells drove in front of them.

A video of the incident was posted on an Instagram account believed to belong to Lopez. In the video, which contains profanities and hateful speech, Rachel Howell is seen giving Lopez the middle finger and saying "white lives matter b----" and "only white lives matter."

Gregory Howell is seen in the video standing near the front of the truck as he gives the Nazi salute.

"That's crazy," Lopez says in the video. "The s--- we have to go through, 2020."

“We were just in shock," Lopez said. "We didn’t know what was going on. Never in my life did I think I was gonna experience this. It’s actually really scary. They don’t even know you and they’re willing to hurt you.”

Police said the victims filed a hate crime report the day after the incident.

The Howells, both 29, were arrested Friday and released that same day on bail, according to Los Angeles County sheriff's records. It's not clear if they have obtained attorneys.

d58098c6bc6a4de0aa04dcd95bc0bf80_md.jpg

What’s illegal about that?

3 minutes ago, king of the county said:

What’s illegal about that?

I'm sure they can create a charge. The cops do it all the time.

How about Justice for James Whitehead? James Whitehead was a white veteran who had recently come back from war. Orange, TX Police Officer Robert Arnold (who has a history of violence) shot and killed unarmed James Whitehead. Arnold is black. Arnold was not in his uniform and did not have a badge. Whitehead got into a verbal altercation about a bad
th?id=OCI2.0af8884c-1a81-4f0c-9056-94f4a
www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/just