drvoke

Nation appalled at Trump for not attending John Lewis' funeral.  

How Trump's golf habits predicted his presidential ones

Where the heck was he? The Dems should get a warrant for his cell phone records to pinpoint his exact location during the funeral.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-did-not-attend-john-lewis-funeral-here-are-4-other-major-funerals-he-missed-while-president/ss-BB17nXhU?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

Trump did not attend John Lewis' funeral. He also skipped Lewis' memorial service in Washington, DC.

Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton each delivered eulogies for Lewis at his funeral.

Here are 4 other major funerals Trump has missed while president:  Rep. Elijah Cummings, Rep. John Dingell, Sen. John McCain and former First Lady Barbara Bush.

Former President Barack Obama appeared to take a jab at President Donald Trump at the funeral service of the late Rep. John Lewis in Atlanta on Thursday.

"Even as we sit here, there are those in power who are doing their darndest to discourage people from voting," Obama said during his eulogy,   "John Lewis devoted his time on this earth fighting these very attacks on democracy."

Obama received a standing ovation from the crowd.

Justice Antonin Scalia died on Feb. 13 of natural causes at the age of 79, according to the New York Times. A two-hour funeral service was held on Feb. 20 for Scalia at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.

Former first lady Nancy Reagan passed away on March 6 due to congestive heart failure. Her funeral took place on March 11 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.

President Obama did not attend either funeral. I guess we're done here.

• Haha 1

Just now, AnotherJim said:

Justice Antonin Scalia died on Feb. 13 of natural causes at the age of 79, according to the New York Times. A two-hour funeral service was held on Feb. 20 for Scalia at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.

Former first lady Nancy Reagan passed away on March 6 due to congestive heart failure. Her funeral took place on March 11 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.

President Obama did not attend either funeral.

Excellent point.  Comment drvoke, or are you just trolling?

3 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

Well, I'm part of the nation, & I ain't appalled.

I was gonna say... I didn't even know (or care) that Trump didn't attend.

Funny how the media is always telling people what to be appalled at huh?

17 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

Well, I'm part of the nation, & I ain't appalled.

Me neither, but that's what I read.

15 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

I hated Scalia and Reagan was a phony. He also hated fags and ignored that underground pandemic that has consumed millions of lives.

16 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

I'm not appalled.  John Lewis was a race monger, drvoke.

Not so sure about that. Equality or division? I guess a case could be made for both.

17 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

Excellent point.  Comment drvoke, or are you just trolling?

Just posting news with a bit of trolling. Hard to avoid given our media model.

If Trump tried to attend they probably would have made a show of turning him down. He played it smart.

Obama didn't attend because he didn't care for either, probably. He isn't a hypocrite.

Trump would get flak from his racist base if he attended. Trump does not want to  give the impression that any Black life matters.

Herman Cain,74, went to Trump's  rally in Tulsa, caught the virus and died.

Will Trump attend HIS funeral?

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

I hated Scalia and Reagan was a phony. He also hated fags and ignored that underground pandemic that has consumed millions of lives.

Do you mean the, "You'll regret using an exit as an entrance pandemic"? GAY NEWS is promoting masks, so when one fag is firing a load of AIDS into his partners wazoo, they can avoid Corona.

37 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Where the heck was he?

If he went the satanic ultraliberal agenda driven media and their pet parrot bloggers would have bashed him for that.  If he didn't go...they would bash him for that.

Given those choices...I would have stayed home to; in fact I skipped my father funeral at Christmas time for the same reason.  Who the FK wants to be around people who toxic in your life ?  Not me !

Custom Image

7 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

If he went the satanic ultraliberal agenda driven media and their pet parrot bloggers would have bashed him for that. If he didn't go...they would bash him for that.

That's true, I can hear Don Lemon screeching like a little bitch, "How dare Trump attend John Lewis' funeral!  He called the Charlottesville white supremacists 'fine people'!"

9 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Trump would get flak from his racist base if he attended. Trump does not want to  give the impression that any Black life matters.

Herman Cain,74, went to Trump's  rally in Tulsa, caught the virus and died.

Will Trump attend HIS funeral?

I'm pretty sure Trump and Cain were friends so yeah, hell probably go.

I don't know for sure that he ever even met Lewis..

Do you?

2 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I'm pretty sure Trump and Cain were friends so yeah, hell probably go.

I don't know for sure that he ever even met Lewis..

Do you?

THey have both been in the same room together.

I did not expect for one second that Trump would attend Lewis' funeral.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

THey have both been in the same room together.

I did not expect for one second that Trump would attend Lewis' funeral.

I'm sure I have been in the same room with people that died at one time or another... and I missed their funerals too.

What does that mean?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, drvoke said:

That's true, I can hear Don Lemon screeching like a little bitch, "How dare Trump attend John Lewis' funeral!  He called the Charlottesville white supremacists 'fine people'!"

When I'm posting...I have 2 other windows open...reading other stuff like this: (right now)

The phrase “mostly peaceful,” then, is rather fungible. Consider that during the tea party protests of 2011, then-Vice President Joe Biden reportedly likened tea partiers to “terrorists”—and those protests were notable mostly for people cleaning up their own litter.

When anti-lockdown protesters descended on the Michigan State Capitol, a columnist for The New York Times labeled them “armed rebels,” despite a complete lack of violence.

When three white supremacists were arrested for plotting violence at a pro-gun rally, GQ’s Talia Lavin headlined, “That Pro-Gun Rally in Virginia Wasn’t Exactly ‘Peaceful'”—even though the rally saw no violence.

8 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

When I'm posting...I have 2 other windows open...reading other stuff like this: (right now)

The phrase “mostly peaceful,” then, is rather fungible. Consider that during the tea party protests of 2011, then-Vice President Joe Biden reportedly likened tea partiers to “terrorists”—and those protests were notable mostly for people cleaning up their own litter.

When anti-lockdown protesters descended on the Michigan State Capitol, a columnist for The New York Times labeled them “armed rebels,” despite a complete lack of violence.

When three white supremacists were arrested for plotting violence at a pro-gun rally, GQ’s Talia Lavin headlined, “That Pro-Gun Rally in Virginia Wasn’t Exactly ‘Peaceful'”—even though the rally saw no violence.

Yep...

A conservative with a rifle is an armed terrorist... but a liberal with one is a peaceful protester.

Funny how that is huh?

1 hour ago, AnotherJim said:

Obama did pay his respects when Scalia lied in state and Presidents do not usually attend former first lady's funerals ,

usually the First lady and other living first ladies attend and Michelle Obama attended......

JFK was the exception he attended the funeral of Eleanor Roosevelt

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

He will be missed by some people.

Yes ... those trying to fan the flames of racial hatred.

I’m not at all appalled. 

Being the clown he is, tRumps presence would have turned Lewis’ funeral into a circus. 

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

Not so sure about that.

No?   Well in 2010, Lewis was one of at least three race baiting, black Congresscritters (including Rep. James Clyburn and Rep. Emanuel Cleaver) who decided to provoke an incident by deliberately walking through a Tea Party protest on the Obamacare bill being held by at least a 1000 protestors in an effort to discredit their concerns about the bill.   The Congresscritters and their staffs then went to the leftist MSM and claimed they'd been repeatedly called the N word and other vile slurs.  Both Lewis and Clyburn publicly stated that they he had not witnessed such treatment since they were leading civil rights protests in the 1960s.   And of course, the race baiters were given 24/7 wall to wall coverage by the leftist media..  

The problem, drvoke, is that even though there there video cameras everywhere, including those of the media covering the *event* and several being used by the Congresscritters' staff members during the walk, NOT ONE recorded anyone saying the N word or any other racial slur.  NOT A  ONE.  And not one witness, besides the race-baiters themselves, came forward to back up their claims. Which is remarkable considering the number of media and security people that accompanied them that day.

The article by William Douglas of McClatchy Newspapers ( http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article24577294.html ) that started the whole N word meme said “Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D- Mo., said he was a few yards behind Lewis and distinctly heard [BAC - the N-word]”.  Furthermore, Cleaver claimed an arrest was made by the Capital Police of someone spitting on him during the walk ... and that he (Cleaver) declined to press charges.  But the Capital Police stated that they never made any arrest that day.  In fact,, not one person was arrested that day for disorderly conduct.   NOT ONE.   So Cleaver lied about that.   Bet he lied about the N word claim too.     And note ... not one cop came forward to corroborate the claims of these race baiting Congressmen.   Nor did the Congressmen compel the testimony of the police that were standing right next to them that day ... which they could have done.   What's that tell you, drvoke?

Another member of the *entourage*, Andre Carson, told reporters that he (and Lewis) were called the N-word 15 times. And through his spokesperson, Justine Ohlemiller, he stood by his assertion.  Or so Ohlemiller, his chief of staff, claimed.  Funny that not one video recorded any of those 15 instance.   You find that at all suspicious, drvoke?   Furthermore, Carson told the Seattle Times ( http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/did-spit-slurs-fly-on-capitol-hill/ ) that they had no plan to provoke an incident when they walked through a hostile crowd just before that important vote.  He claimed it was just the "first day of spring", perfect for a stroll through the mall.  You gullible enough to believe that, drvoke?   

And note that later Cleburne backtracked on his claim.   Here's an excerpt from an interview with Keith Olbermann on March 22, 2010:

OLBERMANN: To what happened over the weekend before the vote, the abuse and the venom that was behind it. John Lewis said he hadn‘t heard some of this stuff since 1960. What—you were there, you saw it.

CLYBURN: Yes.

OLBERMANN: How do you—how do you explain this? Can you?

CLYBURN: Well, I don‘t know that you can—except that I joined with John Lewis in that assessment of what we saw on Saturday, especially.

I experienced some of it. I didn‘t hear the slurs, but the chants, the—some of the venomous comments from people, you wondered what that was all about.

“I didn’t hear the slurs.”   Yet he was standing right next to Lewis, who was supposedly called the N word 15 times, much of the time during the walk.

Then we have Lewis himself.   Do you know, drvoke, that John Lewis was offered a $10000 check, payable to the United Negro College Fund (a good cause), if he'd just take a lie detector test regarding the claims about the incident and pass it.   He refused.   Because he knew they were false?

And guess what, apparently Lewis wasn't even on record saying he heard the tea party protestors shouting racial slurs. It was just reported that way by the leftist media and Lewis didn't object.  Go ahead, see if you can find one article or interview where Lewis is directly quoted saying he himself heard the slurs. I certainly never saw one. The only quotes I ever saw by him were things like this: "They were shouting, sort of harassing. But, it's okay, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean." In fact, even the McClatchy article by Douglas only said “A colleague who was accompanying Lewis said people in the crowd responded by saying "Kill the bill, then the n-word."  And all I've found ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/09/AR2010040903716.html ) were reports of a statement by Lewis' spokeswoman, Brenda Jones, claiming Lewis and his chief of staff (Michael Collins) repeatedly heard the N-word. But Lewis and Collins both declined interviews because they supposedly didn’t want to "fan the flames of destructive language."  How convenient  You believe that excuse, drvoke?   And what was Brenda Jones anyway? A mouthpiece.   A loyal employee would say whatever she was told to defend her boss or the democRATic party … no questions asked.    Someone who while insisting she heard the word, turned around and shielded him from anyone who actually wanted to hear him make that claim directly.   And Michael Collins?  A well paid guy, earning over $150,000 a year in just salary and who had been with Lewis a long time.   He was obviously loyal so I bet he wasn’t of a mind to spoil such an obviously lucrative deal by not backing up his boss and the claims of his party.  And by the, I never actually found any direct quotes by him claiming what Brenda claimed either. Can you?  Bet not.    Funny how Lewis just let these people talk for him and didn't correct them when they were telling obvious lies.

Finally, remember that Lewis was the same congressman who a few years earlier compared Republicans to Nazis. He's the same Lewis who said McCain and Palin were "sowing the seeds of hatred and division" during the Presidential campaign and then linked them with George Wallace (i.e., committed race-baiting).  So John Lewis wasn't above falsely accusing anonymous people of racism to advance his own political agenda ... and that is what happened in that instance.   Making Lewis nothing but a RACE BAITER.

13 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

No?   Well in 2010, Lewis was one of at least three race baiting, black Congresscritters (including Rep. James Clyburn and Rep. Emanuel Cleaver) who decided to provoke an incident by deliberately walking through a Tea Party protest on the Obamacare bill being held by at least a 1000 protestors in an effort to discredit their concerns about the bill.   The Congresscritters and their staffs then went to the leftist MSM and claimed they'd been repeatedly called the N word and other vile slurs.  Both Lewis and Clyburn publicly stated that they he had not witnessed such treatment since they were leading civil rights protests in the 1960s.   And of course, the race baiters were given 24/7 wall to wall coverage by the leftist media..  

The problem, drvoke, is that even though there there video cameras everywhere, including those of the media covering the *event* and several being used by the Congresscritters' staff members during the walk, NOT ONE recorded anyone saying the N word or any other racial slur.  NOT A  ONE.  And not one witness, besides the race-baiters themselves, came forward to back up their claims. Which is remarkable considering the number of media and security people that accompanied them that day.

And note that later Cleburne backtracked on his claim.   Here's an excerpt from an interview with Keith Olbermann on March 22, 2010:

“I didn’t hear the slurs.”   Yet he was standing right next to Lewis, who was supposedly called the N word 15 times, much of the time during the walk.

So John Lewis wasn't above falsely accusing anonymous people of racism to advance his own political agenda ... and that is what happened in that instance.   Making Lewis nothing but a RACE BAITER.

That does sound incriminating. I certainly wouldn't put it past him. As people get older and more experienced, some compromise and have more faith in to the notion of 'the greater good.' Facts fall away or lessen in importance. I'm not sure I disagree with them. Trump may be in this mindset right now, but for different reasons. Does it cost one their credibility? Without question.