• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you lefties loved boycotting shit y'all didn't approve of... no?

No it was more than a personal opinion.  Besides calling for people to boycott the NFL he also threatened to pull the NFL anti-trust exemption if they did not change their practice.  That is a strong

13 minutes ago, jerra- said:

the government cannot dictate no free speech in the work place

No one said it could, dumdum.

The point stands: You were wrong when you said employees have free speech rights in the workplace.

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

So people you disagree with don’t have the right to free speech?  It’s a simple yes or no question.

1) First of all, government employees are only protected by the First Amendment when they are speaking as private citizens. If their speech is part of their official job duties, then they can be fired or disciplined for it. This rule comes from a 2006 Supreme Court case, Garcetti v. Ceballos

5 minutes ago, jerra- said:

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH IF THE EMPLOYER OKAY'S IT.

! I NEVER SAID ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY.

You're dead wrong, mulehead.

People have PERMISSION to speak freely if the employer PERMITS it.

There is no right to free speech in the workplace.

1 minute ago, jerra- said:

they can allowfree speech in their work place it is up to the employer. look it up,

No shit!!?

Who here said they could not? They were WRONG!!!

LMFAO :lol:

2 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

So people you disagree with don’t have the right to free speech?  It’s a simple yes or no question.

1 minute ago, SixShooter said:

You're dead wrong, mulehead.

People have PERMISSION to speak freely if the employer PERMITS it.

There is no right to free speech in the workplace.

that is what I said. can't you read?

Just now, SixShooter said:

No shit!!?

Who here said they could not? They were WRONG!!!

LMFAO :lol:

1) First of all, government employees are only protected by the First Amendment when they are speaking as private citizens. If their speech is part of their official job duties, then they can be fired or disciplined for it. This rule comes from a 2006 Supreme Court case, Garcetti v. Ceballos

====================================================================i

so when trump says he doesn't like sports players kneeling that is free speech? hmmmmmm

Just now, jerra- said:

that is what I said. can't you read?

That is NOT what you said mulehead. You said employees have a RIGHT to free speech, and they do NOT.

If they had the RIGHT to free speech in the workplace, the employer could NOT take it away.

What type of cognitive malfunction do you suffer from dear?

Just now, SixShooter said:

That is NOT what you said mulehead. You said employees have a RIGHT to free speech, and they do NOT.

If they had the RIGHT to free speech in the workplace, the employer could NOT take it away.

What type of cognitive malfunction do you suffer from dear?

I said as  long as the employer okays it, it is legal.

and you can't find a post that says otherwise.

but trump may be in trouble.

1 minute ago, jerra- said:

so when trump says he doesn't like sports players kneeling that is free speech? hmmmmmm

Yes, he was speaking as a private citizen.

If you think he violated some rule or law, maybe you should work to having him "fired or disciplined." LMAO

Just now, jerra- said:

I said as  long as the employer okays it, it is legal.

No one is arguing that. You said they had the RIGHT, which they do not. You were simply wrong, so admit it and move on with life.

21 minutes ago, jerra- said:

If he is speaking to potential voters, prove he is campaigning at that moment.  Campaigning is not an official job duty of the President.

22 minutes ago, jerra- said:

You didn’t answer the question related to private citizens.  Do private citizens that disagree with you have the right to free speech?

36 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Yes, he was speaking as a private citizen.

If you think he violated some rule or law, maybe you should work to having him "fired or disciplined." LMAO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anytime trump speaks publicly it is part of his official duties,

20 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

You didn’t answer the question related to private citizens.  Do private citizens that disagree with you have the right to free speech?

yes.

as far as the first amendment.

29 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

If he is speaking to potential voters, prove he is campaigning at that moment.  Campaigning is not an official job duty of the President.

Trump says he directed Pence to walk out of game if 49ers protested during national anthem

1 hour ago, jrock2310 said:

These “corporate cowards” choose to be on the right a side of history.   No different from MLB, NFL... Hell... even  NASCAR came through.

Must be sad to be chained down prejudice.

And just what is the right side of history? We already eliminated slavery, and pretty much did everything we could to help blacks. So this isn't really about BLM anymore, it's Marxist's that want to totally destroy our country. I mean come on they're tearing down statues of great white and Black men for Christ sake. You think all those idiot folk up in Seattle give two shits about BLM? No, they hate Trump the police and the country. Now they want to eliminate the police all together.  Give us a break with the right side of history. That's a crock of Shit!!!

On 7/30/2020 at 10:51 PM, jerra- said:

boycotting is what trump wants. he must have had his fingers crossed when he swore to uphold the constitution under oath.

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-anthem-kneel-sporting-event-support/

not quite as bad as cancel culture.

17 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

And just what is the right side of history? We already eliminated slavery, and pretty much did everything we could to help blacks.

After the emancipation proclamation, whites began erecting what is today known as the industrial prison complex.  Whites became irate that they must now give up their property & pay for serves they once owned.  Whites began arresting minorities for matters such as homelessness, jaywalking, stealing food to feed their families bcus whites owned all the work.

Once incarcerated, whites threw them in the chain gang in an effort to retrieve the labor they once owned.

So this isn't really about BLM anymore, it's Marxist's that want to totally destroy our country.

“Our country”  Who is our?    Next thing you’ll be pointing out a few successful black people to suggest that somehow our country is’t systemically racist and built on the backs of Euro/anglo white emperialism.

I mean come on they're tearing down statues of great white and Black men for Christ sake.

There’s a place for monuments... its called museums. 

I sure hope you’re not referencing the confederate statues either.

You think all those idiot folk up in Seattle give two shits about BLM?

I don’t know what they think.  Unlike you, I don’t presume to know everything.

No, they hate Trump the police and the country. Now they want to eliminate the police all together.  Give us a break with the right side of history. That's a crock of Shit!!!

I wish I had the luxury you have of just making random blanket statements w/out an assurance of credibility.  

You’re letting your predispositions control your emotions & (ir)rationality.