jrock2310

Cue the boycott brigade...

28 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring U.S. colleges to protect free speech on their campuses or risk losing federal research funding.  The new order directs federal agencies to ensure that any college or university receiving research grants agrees to promote free speech and the exchange of ideas, and to follow federal rules guiding free expression.

"Even as universities have received billions and billions of dollars from taxpayers, many have become increasingly hostile to free speech and to the First Amendment," Trump said at a White House signing ceremony.  "These universities have tried to restrict free thought, impose total conformity and shut down the voices of great young Americans."

..."To every student and young American here today, don't let anyone stop you from doing what you know is right, from asking questions, from challenging the powerful or from speaking your mind, and that's the primary reason we're here right now.  You're going to speak your mind, you're going to be fair, you're going to be reasonable, you're going to do it well and you're going to speak your mind.  Never, ever quit.   Never give in and never back down," Trump added.

as long as people agree with trump everything is fine.

otherwise, a completely different story.

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

Point 4:  Don't you think all lives matter ???

the only lives that matter to trump are his and ivanka's

7 minutes ago, jerra- said:

as long as people agree with trump everything is fine.

otherwise, a completely different story.

Same with you...so what's so different ?

6 minutes ago, jerra- said:

the only lives that matter to trump are his and ivanka's

Same with the Obama's...so whats the differance ?

4 hours ago, jerra- said:

trump is more like a dictator.

Really?    Give an example of Trump acting like a dictator 

26 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Really?    Give an example of Trump acting like a dictator 

not wanting players to exercise their right to free speech for starters and also this 'little incident.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police dispersed peaceful protesters outside the White House with tear gas on Monday so the president could have his photograph taken with a Bible in front of a church. Law enforcement began forcibly clearing Lafayette Park about 15 minutes before curfew in Washington. In a bizarre bit of pageantry that drew immediate condemnation from the church’s leaders, the president then slowly strolled from the White House through the park to St. John’s Episcopal Church, where he posed for photographs holding up a Bible.

The photo-op was lambasted by Bishop Mariann Budde, whose jurisdiction includes St. John’s. “I am outraged,” Budde told the Washington Post on Monday night. “I am the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and was not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop.” Michael Curry, the national head of the denomination, released a statement condemning the president for using “a church building and the Holy Bible for partisan political purposes.” The church’s rector, Robert Fisher, also spoke critically of the visit.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/06/the-inconceivable-strangeness-of-trumps-bible-photo-op.html

23 minutes ago, jerra- said:

not wanting players to exercise their right to free speech for starters and also this 'little incident.'

How did trump attempt to violate players first amendment rights?

also, the crowd was told to leave the area and they refused, the President has rights too.  When the Presidential motorcade shuts down a highway, is that violating your rights?   

20 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

How did trump attempt to violate players first amendment rights?

also, the crowd was told to leave the area and they refused, the President has rights too.  When the Presidential motorcade shuts down a highway, is that violating your rights?   

and yet somehow they don't use teargas for motorcades.

and there is no mention of any warning.

-------------------------------------------

from the mayor

-----------------

I imposed a curfew at 7pm. A full 25 minutes before the curfew & w/o provocation, federal police used munitions on peaceful protestors in front of the White House, an act that will make the job of @DCPoliceDept officers more difficult. Shameful

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06/trump-bible-photo-op-has-religious-leaders-outraged.html

1 hour ago, jerra- said:

and there is no mention of any warning.

from the  lying  mayor.

Of course they told them to leave the area

1 hour ago, jerra- said:

yet somehow they don't use teargas for motorcades.

they will  arrest you and  imprison  you or shoot you if you  interfere

4 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

they will  arrest you and  imprison  you or shoot you if you  interfere

and still of all the thousands of motorcades that ever were, teargas has never been used. trump wants to do one little photo shoot and voila, teargas is used.

trump knows he can do anything and his base will not say a word,

4 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

from the  lying  mayor.

Of course they told them to leave the area

so you were there.

Elton's Johnson is but a prick. And not an amusing one.

Some pricks can be amusing, for example:

10 hours ago, jerra- said:

President Trump said in a tweet Tuesday he is looking forward to watching sports but suggested he would stop watching a game if he sees a player taking a knee during the national anthem.

"Looking forward to live sports, but any time I witness a player kneeling during the National Anthem, a sign of great disrespect for our Country and our Flag, the game is over for me!" he tweeted. 

OK...if that was his tweet, where is the "scoff" at the 1st Amendment.

Just FYI...I agree with him.  I haven't watch any sports since the Super Bowl (in person, on television, old "classic" games).  I have even stopped occasionally listening to the sports talk shows.  I don't want my entertainment to include social/political statements unless it's a movie from that genre I want to see.

35 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

OK...if that was his tweet, where is the "scoff" at the 1st Amendment.

Just FYI...I agree with him.  I haven't watch any sports since the Super Bowl (in person, on television, old "classic" games).  I have even stopped occasionally listening to the sports talk shows.  I don't want my entertainment to include social/political statements unless it's a movie from that genre I want to see.

trump doesn't feel people should express their feelings- hence is the scoff.

hitler rise to power is really the fault of the german people who turned a blind eye and allowed hitler to do what he did, without ever questioning anything.

. hitler could not have done anything if he didn't have his followers.

and when it it comes to trump, it is pretty evident that his followers are as loya lto him   as the nazis were to hitler. the teargas incident is  ok with them and it is okay that trump makes it known that he is against free speech, becayse he knows that his blind followers will do the same. 

Just now, jerra- said:

trump doesn't feel people should express their feelings- hence is the scoff.

hitler rise to power is really the fault of the german people who turned a blind eye and allowed hitler to do what he did, without ever questioning anything.

. hitler could not have done anything if he didn't have his followers.

and when it it comes to trump, it is pretty evident that his followers are as loya lto him   as the nazis were to hitler. the teargas incident is  ok with them and it is okay that trump makes it known that he is against free speech, becayse he knows that his blind followers will do the same. 

He didn't say that.  He said if they express their feelings by kneeling during the anthem, he won't watch.

You seem to forget, elected officials don't surrender their rights when they assume office.  The exact same freedoms that allow those people to kneel, allow Trump (and others) to publicly criticize them, to elect not to watch them compete and (if they choose to take it that far) to not contribute any of their money to organizations that pay and/or support them.

Sounds like you need to grow up.

19 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

Boycotting sports they never watched to begin with.

Precisely. And the NBA has the youngest demographic of the 4 major sports. The core demographic for the NBA is not going to care about kneeling. They know the true message and context.

15 hours ago, rippy38 said:

My dictator makes more sense than yours.

A chat about "sense" is not one you are qualified in which to participate.  

14 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Very true. I can get away watching Cardinals baseball because they didn’t succumb to fascist, authoritarian tactics by the left by political protesting on my dime. 

They play other teams who might do something you oppose...

42 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

They play other teams who might do something you oppose...

"Other teams" being the optimal term. 

5 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

He didn't say that.  He said if they express their feelings by kneeling during the anthem, he won't watch.

You seem to forget, elected officials don't surrender their rights when they assume office.  The exact same freedoms that allow those people to kneel, allow Trump (and others) to publicly criticize them, to elect not to watch them compete and (if they choose to take it that far) to not contribute any of their money to organizations that pay and/or support them.

Sounds like you need to grow up.

trump knows damn well his followers will follow his lead. his plans are to bankrupt the sports teams and then act all innocent. he wants all his followers to not spend any money on  sports. the people who need to grow up are those who copy every action trump might do.

he made the point of saying he objected to players kneeling to get his stupid followers to follow suit.

9 minutes ago, jerra- said:

trump knows damn well his followers will follow his lead. his plans are to bankrupt the sports teams and then act all innocent. he wants all his followers to not spend any money on  sports. the people who need to grow up are those who copy every action trump might do.

he made the point of saying he objected to players kneeling to get his stupid followers to follow suit.

Can’t speak for others...but my decision pre-dated his first public comment.

1 hour ago, BatteryPowered said:

Can’t speak for others...but my decision pre-dated his first public comment.

you obviously don't care much for the first amendment either.

17 minutes ago, jerra- said:

you obviously don't care much for the first amendment either.

You obviously don’t understand the 1st Amendment also applies to me and only restricts the government, not individuals.

Hard to believe an adult can be that stupid about the Constitution.

11 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

You obviously don’t understand the 1st Amendment also applies to me and only restricts the government, not individuals.

Hard to believe an adult can be that stupid about the Constitution.

And Trump IS the government.  So when he says people should boycott the NFL over players kneeling that is the government exercising overreach into private industry,  I though the GOP was totally against that.

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

And Trump IS the government.  So when he says people should boycott the NFL over players kneeling that is the government exercising overreach into private industry,  I though the GOP was totally against that.

So you are saying when an elected official voices a personal opinion it is considered (legally) a government action?

Cite the federal court ruling stating that.  Remember, articles with just whining by a SNOWFLAKE isn’t law.