7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Back to the topic,

Most here do not and can not realize how much a logistical mess it would be to have wholesale mail in voting nationwide. Give it some time and possibly in the future but from someone who manages a very large database....  it would be a disaster of epic proportions. 

How is it that Hawaii, Colorado, Utah, Oregon and Washington do it?  It certainly is not a disaster for any of them.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If tens of thousands can line up in the streets to burns and destroy, then they can walk into a polling station.

clearly we CAN NOT have mail in voting   holy shit folks...what is wrong with you   If you can protest,  you can vote in person    if you can  wait in line to see John Le

We do not have "national voting". We have simultaneous local voting supervised by state and county officials. No one has proposed that the entire country have nationally controlled mail in voting as T

Just now, maineman said:

How is it that Hawaii, Colorado, Utah, Oregon and Washington do it?  It certainly is not a disaster for any of them.

They have been planning for this for years. For states that have no infrastructure in place... it would get messy quickly

14 minutes ago, Skans said:

I don't care if 99 out of 100 people said what you said they said (they didn't, but that's another matter).  Everyone in the Trump Administration did not say such a thing.  That was your outrageous statement and a lie among lies I just could not ignore.  Let's start with Vice President - show me where he said such a thing; then the secretary of state, oh, I can go on and on, but you get the point.  A few non-key people said that Trump asked a question about this privately among his advisors.  That is not quid pro quo; and it is not illegal - it is a President asking for advice, just like he should. 

Everyone who testified said the same thing. There was a quid pro quo that involved betraying America's national interests for pure personal ones by Donald J Trump.

And you are offended. LOL.

Gimme a fucking break!

Bill

9 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Everyone who testified said the same thing.

No.  Two people who were called to testify in public by Schiff said some similar things.  But, not the people Schiff refused to call, but testified behind closed doors. 

12 minutes ago, Skans said:

No.  Two people who were called to testify in public by Schiff said some similar things.  But, not the people Schiff refused to call, but testified behind closed doors. 

Are you attempting to claim that Trump didn't make it crystal clear to Zelensky that he need to announce an investigation into the Bidens (never mind that no actual investigation need happen) or he would not get the critical military aid appropriated by Congress?

We all know that happened. And why.

It was (and is) an impeachable offense. The voters will have their say very soon.

Bill

20 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

They have been planning for this for years. For states that have no infrastructure in place... it would get messy quickly

Yet ever state has absentee ballot infrastructure in place.  And ever state has current address rolls for registered voters.  At a minimum, all that would need to happen would be for states that have restrictions on who can request an absentee ballot and what rationale they consider legitimate to drop those restrictions and let whoever wants to avoid catching COVID at the polls submit an absentee ballot application.  Why should people have to chose between their health and their civic duty?  Voting should not be a life-threatening experience.  35 states already have no-excuse needed absentee voting.... it would just mean fifteen states need to loosen their laws to protect the health of their citizens.  I voted absentee in the Maine primary earlier this month and I fully intend to vote absentee in November.  If the clown himself votes by mail, why is he so worried that others be afforded the same benefit?

17 minutes ago, Skans said:

If Schiff refused to call them, how did they testify behind closed doors?  Schiff was the guy chairing those closed door sessions in the SCIF.

The Trumpist know they are going to lose. Bigly.

This is the smell of desperation. Trump is going full-on fascist in an attempt to avoid the inevitable.

Fuck him.

Bill

6 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

There was only one call to Zelensky, Bill.  By now, everyone who is interested read the transcript of the call.  I did.  There was no quid pro quo in the call. None whatsoever. 

23 minutes ago, maineman said:

If Schiff refused to call them, how did they testify behind closed doors?  Schiff was the guy chairing those closed door sessions in the SCIF.

Schiff didn't call everyone to testify in the public forum, whom he had testify in the closed door hearings. 

14 minutes ago, Skans said:

Schiff didn't call everyone to testify in the public forum, whom he had testify in the closed door hearings. 

so what?  the closed door hearings were bi-partisan?  There was no requirement for him to call any of the SCIF witnesses in open session.  I mean, they held the hearings in the SCIF for a reason and every republican on the committee had the opportunity to question every witness.

34 minutes ago, Skans said:

There was only one call to Zelensky, Bill.  By now, everyone who is interested read the transcript of the call.  I did.  There was no quid pro quo in the call. None whatsoever. 

Of course there was.  Like dad and the allowance.  All dad has to do is ask the son for a favor.... the son knows what's a stake.  Zelensky obviously knew.

46 minutes ago, Skans said:

The call--which was appalling--was not the Trump administration's only contact with Ukraine.

They made Zelensky an "offer he could not refuse."

Bill

12 minutes ago, maineman said:

Of course there was.  Like dad and the allowance.  All dad has to do is ask the son for a favor.... the son knows what's a stake.  Zelensky obviously knew.

That's a nice country you have there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it :rolleyes:

Bill

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, maineman said:

For the analogy to be complete, the son would have to be deep in arrears to a wise guy who was on his way to collect his debt--one way, or another.

Bill

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

That's a nice country you have there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it :rolleyes:

Bill

...you got a real purdy mouth.

(a "Deliverance" reference  )

40 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

👆 which is all trumpists live for.    They live to “own the libs”.

Sad really.

You're the one that fell for it. 😆

3 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

By replaying to a message board post?   

This is what we do....

Trump triggered you fools and he's got a valid point. If you can't vote in person then the elections should be postponed. 

The democrats ate trying to steal the election through mail in votes. 

56 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Trump triggered you fools and he's got a valid point. If you can't vote in person then the elections should be postponed. 

I NEVER VOTED IN PERSON FROM 1972 TO 1994.   WHY THE FUCK SHOULD MY VOTE NOT HAVE COUNTED???   Five states vote SOLELY by mail.. another 30 states allow no-excuse absentee  ballots already.  There is ZERO evidence that absentee/mail in voting allows fraudulent votes to be cast.

6 minutes ago, maineman said:

I NEVER VOTED IN PERSON FROM 1972 TO 1994.   WHY THE FUCK SHOULD MY VOTE NOT HAVE COUNTED???   Five states vote SOLELY by mail.. another 30 states allow no-excuse absentee  ballots already.  There is ZERO evidence that absentee/mail in voting allows fraudulent votes to be cast.

You have zero evidence of anything, retard.

9 hours ago, maineman said:

both of you refuse to acknowledge that, regardless of how fervently you believe your opinions to be accurate, that fervency does not turn an opinion into a fact.

Our facts are factual.

deal with them

@Skans

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

Like that time trump voted by mail...

trump could cut a turd in the rose garden & you queef blowers would argue it makes for great compost.