Notre Dame withdraws as presidential debate host site......

Predictable......first but not the last.

NOTRE DAME STATEMENT

University of Notre Dame President Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., announced today the University has withdrawn as the host site for the first of the 2020 presidential debates, scheduled for Sept. 29.

After consultation with Dr. Mark Fox, St. Joseph County deputy health officer, and with the unanimous support of the Executive Committee of the University’s Board of Trustees, Father Jenkins made what he called “this difficult decision because the necessary health precautions would have greatly diminished the educational value of hosting the debate on our campus.” In a letter earlier today to the Notre Dame community, Father Jenkins said that “the inevitable reduction in student attendance in the debate hall, volunteer opportunities and ancillary educational events undermined the primary benefit of hosting — to provide our students with a meaningful opportunity to engage in the American political process.”

He concluded by saying that “despite this decision, I hope we will all remain attuned to the many important issues facing our nation during this election year — and, please, let’s exercise our right and privilege to vote on Tuesday, Nov. 3.”

Biden is a capable and experienced politician. Note that NOT ONE PERSON in the Obama/Biden administration was prosecuted. THere were no major scandals. Biden knows how to act and whom to ask to help him solve problems. Trump is a dumb shit that is most often wrong and surrounds himself with brown nosers. lickspittles and asskissers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Biden is a capable and experienced politician. Note that NOT ONE PERSON in the Obama/Biden administration was prosecuted. THere were no major scandals. Biden knows how to act and whom to ask to help him solve problems. Trump is a dumb shit that is most often wrong and surrounds himself with brown nosers. lickspittles and asskissers.

Wake up, That whole administration was corrupt. Lying and deflecting was their business.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

I cannot imagine why any governor would want the GOP convention. Maybe Wyoming. 

Interesting Trump holds it in a very democratic city.  Because he needs the draw.  Billing Wyoming would get him twelve people and three cows.

Likely no debate on Sept 29th now?

Dems are winning big time, in the game of...keeping Biden away from public microphones so undecided voters can NOT experience his dementia in action.

• Thumb up 1

On 7/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, XavierOnassis said:

Biden is a capable and experienced politician. Note that NOT ONE PERSON in the Obama/Biden administration was prosecuted.

This is a nice example of Tangential Thinking by Xavier. Exhibiting rather disordered thinking, moving from one thought to another unrelated thought, yet never getting to the main point. In this case, the thoughts are somewhat connected but in a superficial or tangential way.  You might want to look into a regiment of Thioxanthenes for your condition before it's too late. Otherwise, an ugly doggie might invade your every thought and drive you sane.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, RebelGator said:

Predictable......first but not the last.

NOTRE DAME STATEMENT

University of Notre Dame President Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., announced today the University has withdrawn as the host site for the first of the 2020 presidential debates, scheduled for Sept. 29.

After consultation with Dr. Mark Fox, St. Joseph County deputy health officer, and with the unanimous support of the Executive Committee of the University’s Board of Trustees, Father Jenkins made what he called “this difficult decision because the necessary health precautions would have greatly diminished the educational value of hosting the debate on our campus.” In a letter earlier today to the Notre Dame community, Father Jenkins said that “the inevitable reduction in student attendance in the debate hall, volunteer opportunities and ancillary educational events undermined the primary benefit of hosting — to provide our students with a meaningful opportunity to engage in the American political process.”

He concluded by saying that “despite this decision, I hope we will all remain attuned to the many important issues facing our nation during this election year — and, please, let’s exercise our right and privilege to vote on Tuesday, Nov. 3.”

This is a great opportunity for another school to have the honor.  

It seems rather irresponsible of Notre Dame to pull out at this late date.

They have an obligation.  

On 7/29/2020 at 7:25 PM, XavierOnassis said:

I cannot imagine why any governor would want the GOP convention. Maybe Wyoming. 

If I were a governor, I would be HAPPY and PROUD to crowd all the Republicans in the state into an arena.  

It would be an INCREDIBLE honor.....  😎

On 7/29/2020 at 7:41 PM, pmurT said:

Likely no debate on Sept 29th now?

Dems are winning big time, in the game of...keeping Biden away from public microphones so undecided voters can NOT experience his dementia in action.

I think keeping the candidate away from the mike is a brilliant strategy.

Republicans are too stupid to utilize it, eh?....and they need that strategy BADLY at this point.  

On 7/29/2020 at 7:30 PM, Whatever said:

Interesting Trump holds it in a very democratic city.  Because he needs the draw.  Billing Wyoming would get him twelve people and three cows.

I'm envisioning Melania walking around in a gown on the dirt floor in the largest rodeo arena in Cheyenne!!!!

Of course, Melania and Donald would follow their life patterns and wallow in the dirt shortly after arriving.