drvoke

School hearing dismissed after angry parents pack room without masks

Utah public hearing on schools dismissed after angry parents pack ...

I like this Utah County Commissioner, Tanner Ainge. People showed up without masks to protest masks being mandated in schools. He stated that they were putting people, himself included, at risk by not wearing them. He abruptly cancelled the public hearing. No debate. Get out!

Cons schooled!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-hearing-dismissed-after-angry-parents-pack-room-without-masks/ar-BB16PALa?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

(Full article at above link)

Tensions flared at a public hearing in Utah over the state's mask mandate for schoolchildren after several parents defied orders by packing the room without face coverings.

The parents, some of whom carried signs condemning face masks, failed to sit in the marked seats and booed at the Utah County officials Wednesday night. The hearing was held over a letter by Utah County Commissioner Bill Lee, which asked Gov. Gary Herbert to waive his requirement kindergarten to 12th grade students wear a mask when schools reopen.

Utah County Commissioner Tanner Ainge has opposed the letter citing safety for the students and admonished the crowd for blatantly putting everyone in the hearing room at risk by not wearing masks or socially distancing.

"This is the exact opposite of what we need to be doing," Ainge told the crowd before he was booed. 

Due to COVID risk the meeting was postponed. This triggered more boos and angry calls from the mask mandate's opponents.

Herbert has called for schools to reopen in the fall, with local districts providing specific guidelines -- including blended learning models. He issued a mandate earlier this month requiring kids and teachers to wear a mask while at school.

Utah has seen a jump in coronavirus cases over the last few weeks, with 21,639 new cases reported since June 1, according to the state's health department. The state saw an average of 481 cases a day during that period, with some days seeing a record number of new cases. On July 9, 868 Utah residents contracted COVID-19, according to the health department.

As of July 16, there have been 234 deaths in the state due to the virus, the health department said.

Despite the rise in cases, some parents questioned the need for masks for their kids.

"I think it's totally wrong. I think it's a political hoax, and I am against masks," Denna Robertson said.

"There's not enough that we understand. They're sitting there going, 'Wait a second. Wait a second, we should have more discussion,'" he said.

Some teachers and parents at the meeting, however, argued that the risks are too hard to ignore and that masks are needed to stop the spread of the virus.

"Since when do we have a constitutional right to put other lives in danger? We can't smoke in public places, because it puts other people's lives in danger," Tina Cannon, a former teacher, asked one of the opponents during the hearing.

UT: COUNTY MTG W/MASKLESS PEOPLE COMES TO ABRUPT END | CNN | wfmz.com

Tanner "This public hearing is over."  Ainge

4 hours ago, drvoke said:

I like this Utah County Commissioner, Tanner Ainge. People showed up without masks to protest masks being mandated in schools. He stated that they were putting people, himself included, at risk by not wearing them. He abruptly cancelled the public hearing. No debate. Get out!

Cons schooled!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-hearing-dismissed-after-angry-parents-pack-room-without-masks/ar-BB16PALa?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Tensions flared at a public hearing in Utah over the state's mask mandate for schoolchildren after several parents defied orders by packing the room without face coverings.

The parents, some of whom carried signs condemning face masks, failed to sit in the marked seats and booed at the Utah County officials Wednesday night. The hearing was held over a letter by Utah County Commissioner Bill Lee, which asked Gov. Gary Herbert to waive his requirement kindergarten to 12th grade students wear a mask when schools reopen.

Utah County Commissioner Tanner Ainge has opposed the letter citing safety for the students and admonished the crowd for blatantly putting everyone in the hearing room at risk by not wearing masks or socially distancing.

"This is the exact opposite of what we need to be doing," Ainge told the crowd before he was booed. 

Due to COVID risk the meeting was postponed. This triggered more boos and angry calls from the mask mandate's opponents.

Herbert has called for schools to reopen in the fall, with local districts providing specific guidelines -- including blended learning models. He issued a mandate earlier this month requiring kids and teachers to wear a mask while at school.

Utah has seen a jump in coronavirus cases over the last few weeks, with 21,639 new cases reported since June 1, according to the state's health department. The state saw an average of 481 cases a day during that period, with some days seeing a record number of new cases. On July 9, 868 Utah residents contracted COVID-19, according to the health department.

As of July 16, there have been 234 deaths in the state due to the virus, the health department said.

Despite the rise in cases, some parents questioned the need for masks for their kids.

"I think it's totally wrong. I think it's a political hoax, and I am against masks," Denna Robertson said.

"There's not enough that we understand. They're sitting there going, 'Wait a second. Wait a second, we should have more discussion,'" he said.

Some teachers and parents at the meeting, however, argued that the risks are too hard to ignore and that masks are needed to stop the spread of the virus.

"Since when do we have a constitutional right to put other lives in danger? We can't smoke in public places, because it puts other people's lives in danger," Tina Cannon, a former teacher, asked one of the opponents during the hearing.

This here freedom is over, go starve and freeze deplorable scumbags.

“The starving time” was the winter of 1609-1610, when food shortages, fractured leadership, and a siege by Powhatan Indian warriors killed two of every three colonists at James Fort.

8 hours ago, drvoke said:

Cons schooled!

That mask isn't doing him any good around his neck.  If he would have pulled his up where it belongs, he would have been protected and the meeting could have continued.

Citizens run the Government, The Government doesn't run the Citizens.

8 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

That mask isn't doing him any good around his neck.  If he would have pulled his up where it belongs, he would have been protected and the meeting could have continued.

Lol

9 hours ago, drvoke said:

Cons schooled!

Look at all the milfs in that room!

• Thumb up 1

If they said they were protesting there would be no problem. You can't spread the virus while you are protesting.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know if masks help or not but I’m willing to wear one on the possibility it gets us past this nightmare more quickly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, neue regel said:

I don’t know if masks help or not but I’m willing to wear one on the possibility it gets us past this nightmare more quickly. 

That's exactly what the left wants you to do.  SUBMIT

4 minutes ago, neue regel said:

I don’t think it’s ever going to end. 

3 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I don’t think it’s ever going to end. 

Some virologists are saying that due to increasing human encroachment into other habitats, this decade will be one of 'rolling pandemics'. One after another. If humanity is unwilling to reach an environmental balance, we deserve what we get.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Some virologists are saying that due to increasing human encroachment into other habitats, this decade will be one of 'rolling pandemics'. One after another. If humanity is unwilling to reach an environmental balance, we deserve what we get.

We have not cured the flu and we dont go into lock down what the fuck 

4 hours ago, Wallco1 said:

What the "F" is a Karen

The stereotypical name associated with rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle aged white women.

Karens take everything wrong with the typical over entitled western woman and crank it up by several thousand percent. They are a mutated subspecies that descends from the Soccer Mom, and have many of their traits. Such as a short temper, a crown bowl haircut, an unnecessarily large SUV to take her kids to soccer practice and be a menace on the road, etc etc. But Karens have developed their own unique characteristics /antics as well. Including but not limited to;

-Reveling in making the life or retail workers a living hell by constantly making a scene over nothing and demanding to "speak to the manager" (a near universal battle cry among Karens). 
-Threatening to sue someone for a minor misdemeanor they may or may not have committed and may or may not have even involved Karen at all. 
-Treating the drive thru line like the set of a Mad Max film by cutting in line and honking at anyone who tries to get in. Even willing dent other people's cars to save 45 seconds in getting her $1 muffin. (Karens in this situation may or may not ask to speak to the drive thru worker's manager and / or threaten to sue the drivers of the car she just rammed.) 
-Being a part of the anti-vax crowd and relying on Essential Oils for the health of their children because of a Facebook post she saw. 
-Reading erotica that makes 50 shades of grey look like Hamlet by comparison in public. 
And Many Others.
Cahsier: Okay Ma'm, that'll be 27.75. Will you be paying with Cash or Card? 
Karen: Uhm, that was incredibly rude! I'd like to speak with your manger. 
Cashier:.....For what?... 
Karen: HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY! *Karen's scream is loud enough to shatter eardrums, including that of the unvaccinated son standing right next to her* I WILL SUE YOU INTO OBLIVION! YOU'LL NEVER FUCKING DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! *begins throwing nearby objects at the Cashier in a fit of rage. The Cashier takes cover behind the counter as he fears for his safety* 
Innocent Bystander: Oh my god, someone call the police! 
Karen: YES! THANK YOU! ARREST THIS MISERABLE SACK OF SHIT! 
Innocent bystander #2: She's talking about you, you fuckin' pyscho! 
Karen: YOU MOTHER FUCKER! YOU'RE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR THE WAY YOU TREAT ME! *Karen then drags her 3 1/2 year old unvaccinated son out the store before security / police arrive. She's identified on the security footage and is arrested a few days later. Karen cries on the stand when she's in court while claiming she didn't do anything wrong. Karen is sent to jail. The people rejoice.
  • Haha 1

If I was Tanner "This public hearing is over."  Ainge, I would have adjourned the meeting with this seemingly irrelevant statement.

Bob Newhart | Like quotes, Country music, Famous quotes

But it would be understood.

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

I refuse to allow this to stop me from living my life. I will not stay locked down. 
survival of the fittest. And if I die. I die 

I wasn’t fit enough to survive. So be it 

Perhaps some legislation may change your mind. $100 fine for mask and curfew violations. EACH. 

It is not just your life we are talking about here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Perhaps some legislation may change your mind. $100 fine for mask and curfew violations. EACH. 

It is not just your life we are talking about here.

Stay home you terrified pussy

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Wallco1 said:

Stay home you terrified pussy

I  am proud to say that I am a law-abiding citizen.