Wallco1

Every cop in NY should walk off the job until De Blasio resigns.

14 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Then you can be personally responsible for the results of a totally asinine experiment.

NYC and the cops are already in a totally asinine experiment.  

15 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Then Democrats can be personally responsible for the results of a totally asinine experiment.

FIFY - no need to say "thank you skans", I'll say it for  you....................THAN YOU SKANS.

15 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Then you can be personally responsible for the results of a totally asinine experiment.

From the left embracing "defund" the police. 

You'll very likely lose the presidential election and the house due to the lefts war against law and order. 

9 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

From the left embracing "defund" the police. 

You'll very likely lose the presidential election and the house due to the lefts war against law and order. 

Defunding the police means simply taking the responsibility of dealing with addicts and mentally ill people away from the cops and hiring instead professionals who are skilled at addiction and mental illnesses.

Str&tedge is a nutcase who poses as an expert here on many issues that he knows nothing about.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Defunding the police means simply taking the responsibility of dealing with addicts and mentally ill people away from the cops and hiring instead professionals who are skilled at addiction and mental illnesses.

Str&tedge is a nutcase who poses as an expert here on many issues that he knows nothing about.

"dealing with the addicts and mentally ill away from the cops..."

Christ..

You're funny

Just now, Z09 said:

"dealing with the addicts and mentally ill away from the cops..."

Christ..

You're funny

Do you prefer that cops simply shoot mentally ill people?

Drug addiction is an illness, not a criminal activity.

Mental illness is an illness, not a crime.

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Can you show us why a mentally ill person holding a weapon life is more valuable than any other human being...?

So if you're mentally ill and pointing a gun at a cop the cop has no right to protect himself?

6 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Tell us..

You have mentally ill person pointing a gun at people..

Who do you call?

Simple question

Not complicated

16 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Mentally ill drug addicts have a very high propensity to violence.

I'm not saying shooting them is the best option, but sending Susie the Social Worker into a situation to deal with a mentally ill addict in crisis is not only foolish, it's irresponsible as hell.

39 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Right now you are acting like a nutcase who poses as an expert on an issue you know nothing about.  

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

I agree; the next time some kookaboo loaded with PCP & swinging a machete,  threatens to kill his family, send in a social worker to defuse the situation. Social workers are professionals.

not according to AOC

The answer to all the looting - destruction - was right in front of us all the time; send in the social workers. Ya need someone who can reason with 2 or 3 thousand people torching buildings. Ya need professionals.

Define it in the most positive light you can but the message is clear. Reduce funding to law enforcement. They should have should have gone with a positive message rather than one created in anger that they are now having to justify to appeal to ignorant moderates. "We don't mean defund the police, we mean move funding to mental heath"

I don't buy that BTW. When most are screaming defund the police and abolish ICE it's not a nuanced message they are trying to convey. 

Just now, NeoConvict said:

Define it in the most positive light you can but the message is clear. Reduce funding to law enforcement. They should have should have gone with a positive message rather than one created in anger that they are now having to justify to appeal to ignorant moderates. "We don't mean defund the police, we mean move funding to mental heath"

I don't buy that BTW. When most are screaming defund the police and abolish ICE it's not a nuanced message they are trying to convey. 

When laws are passed, they are nearly always a compromise.

Defund the police was a stupid slogan, I agree. It was not MY stupid slogan, however.

We have a huge number of crazy people locked up in prisons.

A large number of mentally disturbed people are assaulted unnecessarily beaten, tazed by police  and killed by police every year.

People who were once locked up were issued medication with bad side effects and turned loose to the streets.  This was largely done during the Reagan years, and the problem persists.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Defund the police was a stupid slogan, I agree. It was not MY stupid slogan, however.

A large number of mentally disturbed people are assaulted unnecessarily beaten, tazed by police  and killed by police every year.

People who were once locked up were issued medication with bad side effects and turned loose to the streets.  This was largely done during the Reagan years, and the problem persists.

Then you agree, the people who came up with "defund the police" are the stupid ones. You can say it.

24 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Image result for light bulb going on pictureBoot all the illegals; and use the zillions of dollars saved, to supply our police with state of the art equipment; and build 5 Star mental facilities. I will have to think of what to do with the remaining 80%.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I agree that we need to address the mental health and addiction issues in this country. Don't believe that has fuck all to do with police funding except perhaps to suggest and increase to cover additional training for dealing with citizens going through serious mental breakdowns. If anything law enforcement needs more funding to deal with this or separate funding to get people the help they need. Contorting "defund the police" into a cry for more mental health services is disingenuous. 

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

I agree that we need to address the mental health and addiction issues in this country. Don't believe that has fuck all to do with police funding except perhaps to suggest and increase to cover additional training for dealing with citizens going through serious mental breakdowns. If anything law enforcement needs more funding to deal with this or separate funding to get people the help they need. Contorting "defund the police" into a cry for more mental health services is disingenuous. 

Nonetheless, that is what it is really about.

And it is unlikely that the real problems will be addressed, because crazy people do not vote.

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Nonetheless, that is what it is really about.

And it is unlikely that the real problems will be addressed, because crazy people do not vote.

Those that have to step over and around mentally deranged and addicted homeless people vote and I don't think they are going to want fewer police. 

Commit a crime or violence, I don't care why. No excuses. If you are violent and a threat to anybody you can get shot. You don't get a free pass to assault or commit crime.